Mel Gibson: Malibu's Finest

7/31/2006 2:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel GibsonAmid rumblings that Mel Gibson received preferential treatment from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, a public service announcement that Gibson taped on their behalf has surfaced.

The PSA was recorded back in 2002 on behalf of a sheriff's charity, The Los Angeles Sheriff's Star Organization (LASSO).

In the spot, Gibson, dressed in a sheriff's uniform, pulls over Scott Baio to thank him for supporting LASSO. He implores viewers, "Give back to those who give so much."

sg

The people who want to blow this off-I have to tell you-as a Jew this feels pretty crappy. You have know idea how lucky you all are to be alive and safe. Its a guy like this creature gibson that starts the wars, not the Jews.

Bonnie Russell

Free speech aside, Mel Gibson has a perfect right to be a jerk while drunk.

Hel-lo alcoholism.

(but who doesn't know drunken tongues speak sober thoughts.)

Will the department protect him?

Do badges shine?

Kevin Keckeisen

I say protesters band together across the street for his next big movie premiere wearing matching t-shirts say: "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?" lol Never let him live it down. Too bad Jay Leno and David Letterman can't use the term in their late night monologues.

Daniel

Who is this Kelly Phillips guy? If youre going to insult people, learn how to spell. AS for the Jews being the instigators of all the worlds wars, problems, and ills remember the adage, it takes two to tango. Even if you believe that all of these problems are started by the jews, which is ridiculous in its own right, how could any major conflict or problems arise without the irresponsible and often exaggerated response of others?

Additionally trying to hold "the Jews" responsible for the worlds problems is like saying that all arabs are terrorists, or all Irishmen are drunks, or all white christians are white supremacists. Clearly this is not the case. I am not saying that there are no bad or evil Jews, but you certainly cannot believe that all Jews are that way.

- Jewish and Shocked

Ney

Can't we all just get along?
This story is so yesterday, I am so sick of hearing about MEL MEL MEL!!!
Harvey find someone else to pick on!

Lynn

It’s amazing to me how everyone is so judgmental. A person, Jesus forgives and forgets and asks us to do the same. He made a mistake. He said some offensive things. Everyone makes mistakes. I’m praying for his recovery and for all you who carry negativity around in your heart. People from all religions especially Christians, which I happen to be, are taught to forgive each other and seek out the positive.

Maria Conchita

Leave Mel alone! You're just mad because the truth hurts.

Carlos

Mel Gibson made a few comments when drunk and then appologized, and they will not accept it.
They dropped a bomb on a house full of people killing 60, 37 of them were children. They appologized reluctantly, they expect all of us to accept it.

Kelly Phillips

Sorry Daniel my Sons God Mother is Jewish. However as for my spelling it is the last resort of a fible mind to slant someone for the spelling. Especially since there is better things to comment on.

I blame religion, the Vatican, Liberals, Immoral People (I know Liberals is a redundancy), and a culture /people that has willingly played the patsy thru out history. but like I said don't let their Meek Exterior full you they are a clever and more times than not a willing participant in their own woes and grief.

But the bottom line is Mel Gibson has every right like every american to voice his distastes and grudges whether he is drunk or sober and and not be expected to apologize for it. If I was him I would never had apologized for my comments, but said I apologize for those to ignorant to relize that it is a right to say what i want and when i chose to do so.

As for the police report well I figure the police dept. didn't do anything wrong by ignoring the rants of a drunk. To bad Liberal Gay Wanker News BLOG's don't have the same common sense. (TMZ)

Which by the way is the only reason this website is making a big deal out of it. It is because they knew it would get them on the news and in the public eye. that's all this is about and nothing more.

Victor

Harvey:.What is your problem?
Is it Mel Gibson's personal words while intoxicated ?, or your AGENDA to discredit him as a successfull man who put his interpretation on the screen as he saw it and believed in it?
I bet if he was a famous MOSLEM producer you would react exactly in the same manner. !.???????.
And for those who oppose his FILM should sit back every three months and watch the Jewish propoganda films, especially the HoLocaust..........( or is it every month???)

NJ

Granted Mel said some pretty horrible things which he will have to deal with along with his arrest for DUI. However, TMZ is hyping the conspiracy with the LASD - where was/is the OUTRAGE in regards to Patrick Kennedy. He was DRIVEN HOME, by the police, AFTER he ran his car into a barricade, under the influence, NOT given a sobriety test, not taken into custody, not bookedand not charged!

val

Harvey Levin, your transparent vendetta against Gibson is as transparent as the ADL's.

Show me ONE person who has NEVER made a politically incorrect statement while SOBER. Anyone who claims to live up to the PC standard 24/7 is a fucking liar. In light of recent and ongoing events in the Mid East, only a MORON could take it THIS far with Gibson's alleged statements.

Also, why isn't Hollywood EVER this angered by the filthy racist and stereotypical garbage that comes out in their films/tv shows about Arabs, Muslims, Native Americans, Hispanics, Asians etc?

HYPOCRITES.
While I think that Mel should be held accountable for the DUI, his alleged comments are NO worse than what many of us, including the Jews, have said while SOBER about each other, especially during times of Mid East conflict.

This mob mentality against Gibson, a guy who made an alleged drunken statement, really shows the hypocrisy behind Jewish groups and Hollywood executives. It makes me sick.

Mel has my support 1000%

val

HYPOCRITES.

Mel has my support 1000%

LetHerKillHerself

Leave Mel alone you brainless morons.

LetHerKillHerself

He is obviously more intelligent than I have previously thought. Even under the influence of alchohol he was thinking clearly. I just wish more people had his brain capacity and ability to comprehend common sense.

Gibson's #1 Fan