« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Take Ben Out to the Ballgame!

7/31/2006 6:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's certainly not news that Ben Affleck is a huge Boston Red Sox fan -- he's been spotted at Fenway Park with wife Jennifer Garner plenty of times before. But never before has Ben made a play on the field -- well, almost.

Ben and Jen were seated in the first row along the first base side on Sunday for a game against the Los Angeles Angels, broadcast on ESPN. In the bottom of the second inning, a pop fly came in their direction and when Angels first baseman Howie Kendrick came over to make a play, but almost had the ball stolen away from him by a fan. That fan? Ben Affleck.

Kendrick was able to make the play and the Angels went on to win 10-4.

So not only did Affleck's beloved Sox lose, but he lost out on a souvenir too.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sonam

that was funny. My fav. Video.

Adry

Hi Megan, watch the video (just click on the picture) it is Ben Affleck, they show the whole thing.

Whatever

HaHa Assfleck that's what you geat for being stupid and greedy for the ball.

Steve

Hey NY Yankee... you call someone stupid after spelling "get " with an "a?" By the way, how are ya gettin' over that 2004 ALCS?

Justin

GO SOX !

Anonymous Educator

Affleck has to make that catch. Come on now.

Chica

Ben, you wish you could catch that ball. You're just as good as your Sox team.

Go Angels!!!!!!!

Mo

Yo, Affleck had his ass reamed by 1st base Kev. Youkilis for not taking Kendrick out....no-one gets off the hook at Fenway......including, JACK, THE YANKEES, THE BIGGEST CHOKERS IN HISTORY!!!!!!!

Jim Perlman

RE: How can anyone know that that's Ben Affleck? This picture doesn't resemble him in any definite way...

If you watched the game (it was on ESPN last night) there would have been no mistaking who it was.

Lisa

I thought that fans arent suppose to try to catch the ball if the player can reach it , even if it's a fly ball? Ben should know better........

Mo

Lisa, deah, please, go back to crochet...fans are part of the game, they "suppose to try" to eff up the otha team.

coco puff

Yo! Mo! No Yankee fan would of allowed that catch. I am glad Affleck is a Boston fan. Maybe, he can do a better job pitching for Boston than Schilling. GOOOOOO!!!!!! Yanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

paris hiltons and nicole richies biggest fan*hayley*

i seen this on E! news today just like 20 mins ago

Lisa

Mo My Dear.... I'm not stupid like you.... If Ben would have caught that ball you would have heard fans booing....Fans, even including celeberties are NEVER suppose to touch the ball when its in play, if the player can make the out on any fly ball. He was an ass for even trying... I'm sure he gets special treatment from the players anyway.... How else do you thing he got those front row seats??? He probably even had batting practice before the game with them...Maybe you should go back to your needlepoint.....

Kim

Ben Affleck is a jerk. He was shooting his Gone Baby Gone movie down the street from my house in Framingham. We drove by and there were, like, FOUR fans waiting for him to finish his lunch. After, he drove out and wouldn't stop at all. One of his guys told us that he'd be back before dark so we brought our daughters back and WHAT A JERK. No one else was there. Another guy working on the set told us to get ready because he was leaving so my husband rushes my 12 year old and 3 year old over to the gate to try and get a picture -- even a hello or something. Ben Affleck himself drove a Durango and stopped right where my husband was. My husband said, "Hey...can I get a picture or something?" Affleck just looked at him (barely), shook his head no, and drove off. You know what? I can't ever imagine being so stuck up and famous that I could drive by a couple of little girls wanting to meet me. I am still completely pissed off by the rudeness of it all.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments