Behar to Gibson -- Get a Public Circumcision

8/2/2006 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NEW YORK (AP) -- Comedian Joy Behar is suggesting a painful way for Mel Gibson to show he's sorry.

Behar said on "The View" that Gibson "needs to be welcomed into the Jewish community by a public circumcision."

Behar also said that Gibson's apology won't change him. She adds, "People like him have it in them to just hate."

Earlier this week, Barbara Walters had said she'd never see another Gibson movie again, and says that his second apology hasn't changed her mind.

Peggy

I find it extremely irritating and sad that so many of you people feel you ahve th e"right" judge and crucify Mel Gibson for remarks he made in an alcoholic stuper. You obviously have no compassion nor human kindness towards someone who has fought a very serious and addictive disease. Begin the wife of a recovering alcoholic, I KNOW the things alcoholics say, and just becasue they say them while drinking does NOT mean that it is something they trully believe.

SHAME ON YOU and anyone else who thinks that that are "sinless" and beyond criticism. You and others who think yo have the right to judge and blacklist Mel Gibson are hypocrites; you are not perfect, and you should be ashamed of yourselves. Anytime someone of another religion "blasts" and puts down Christians and our religion, it seems to be "ok" with most of you in HOllywood, but if someone is drunk and says something, which I am sure he said what he did thinking about how Israel is bombing so may innocent people in Lebonon. Not to say that it was a good comment, but many people feel the same way--and may don't. But don't crucify one "sick" but not horrible man who made a comment that he really did'nt mean.

TimmyTommy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this "people like him have it them to hate" the same logic that anti-Semites and racists use, namely, that there are certain kinds of people that just are ontologically flawed? Returning contempt with contempt is no way to handle this issue for it puts you in the same place as the bigot.

Lou

i cant believe TMZ skipped the ELizabeth meltdown about the morning after pil and opted for this stupid thing just cuz it's about mel. the hasselbeck thing was ridiculous.

Erin

I agree that Elisabeth was a much bigger deal. I give her mad props for being very passionate and not being afraid in a group of women who definitely aren't as conservative as she is. I hope she stays on the show for a long time.

Sam Doe

Joy should be replaced by the well-known cable hostess, Windy Moore.

Karen Chambliss

Mel Gibson will continue to make derogatory statements about Jews followed by "I'm not anti-semitic, some of my best friends are Jews" statements. That kind of hatred is very evil and I consider him and others like him dangerous to all mankind.

Shalom, Karen Chambliss

Jaye

Joy Behar is a classless, tasteless, talentless bitch.

Karen Chambliss

Shalom, Karen Chambliss

David

#2 TimmyTommy. No it's not the same thing. Joy's remarks are toward Mel Gibson and people that make racist, biggotted remarks. If you make a deragatory statement about a group of people by specifying their race, creed or color as did MG you are being a racist. If Joy had said Catholics or Australians like him then she would be just as bad since the point is people are bad individually, not because of their heritage. Get it? Got it? Good!

Molly

Goodness gracious. I'd like to look into the past of these women and harp on the stupid things they said when they were drunk. Hmmm the hypocritical Joy sounds like a bigger bigot than Mel is.

Try This

I love Mel Gibson more than ever now!!

ECJ

Aren't they all classless, tasteless, talentless bitches anyway? Who watches the View anymore? These old hags are just airing out their frustrations on live television and I cannot believe we give them this kind of publicity to be able to do so.

The View should be cancelled. The show is completely stupid and none of those women have an ounce of class or brains for that matter.

Pieta

Joy has no compassion or dignity. It is clear that she is projecting.

yarg

Well...well...well! Joy Behar, needs to move on, or move out of showbusiness. She is and portrays the ole adage that...."No talented egomaniac wanna be entertainers, need to find other ways to pay the gas bill." How did she even get on the "View"? Her credentials are nothing but a tabula rasa. I am thinking of starting a TV show...my guest host/s will at least have a persona and a brain.
We are inundated with no talent "talking heads". Good-bye VIEW !

Try This

I love Mel Gibson more than ever now!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments