Who Would Mug Screech?

8/8/2006 2:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dustin DiamondDustin Diamond, aka Screech from the TV show "Saved by the Bell," told a Tampa radio station that a woman tried to mug him in his hotel in Omaha, Neb. on Monday.

Diamond was on the MJ Morning Show on 93.3W FLZ this morning, detailing the incident. According to his account, a woman, armed with mace, busted into his hotel room and apparently was only able get away with some PSP games, which Diamond was able to recover.

He was able, at one point, to pin the woman with the hotel door, prompting her to cry out rape.

Click below to listen to Dustin's account (may take a moment to load).

Riley Martin

He should have maced her back with his gigantic implement.

Granny Moo

Wasn't he trying to scratch up a few bucks a couple of month ago? Hmmmmm, I smell something. It smells like a rat.

vickie

For a guy being so broke how did he get money for the psp not to mention the games. And why didnt he lock his hotel door??? Im wondering if this is a scam to get people to feel sorry for him to send him cash or gifts, etc.

Extra

The saga of Screech the Geek continues. Gets beat up by a woman?!! Loses his PSP games??? How old are we now???

JMD

Mohamed-

Hey Mel is that YOU?????

Jennifer

You know........I am pretty good at "detecting" when someone is lying. From my past experience it sounds to me like Dear Old Screech is lying. I think he made this all up just to attract a little bit of attention. Remember, it was just a month or so ago that he had sent out a plea for people to "donate" money so he didn't lose his $300,000.00 house. Give me a break. You've been busted Screech!! I've been a detective long enough to figure that out in the first 10 seconds of him talking. That's sad that he has to make this up to get a little attention in his life........So sad!!

Jennifer

angelinawannabe

Sounds like a "hooker encounter" gone bad. Don't have the money, I guess she figured she'd take it out in trade. Poor guy, there is no life after tv childhood, I do hope things get better for him though.

Sylvia

It's a hard thing to do when someone sprays mace in your face, to defend yourself. Woman or no woman, she also has gender on her side, she can yell rape if she is cought.

I don't believe she knew he was a celebrity, I think she just randomly chose him. She wanted to rob someone and just chose him because he was there.

Amanda

Just for the record - Josh Blue isn't "retarded" he has Cerebral Palsy. Big difference.

But I do agree that Dustin & Josh look alike. When he was on Mind of Mencia last year that was the first thing I thought. :)

Also - I completely agree with others about him having his house foreclosed on yet having a PSP. I own my house and I know it's more important to pay my mortgage than to buy an expensive video game system. The rest of the cast that didn't even stay through the college years & the new school part of Saved by the Bell seem to be paying their bills just fine. Stop schilling Screech...

Bill

THIS IS COMPLETELY A PLOY.... I READ JUST A FEW WEEKS BACK THAT HE WAS SELLING TSHIRTS TO MAKE MONEY SO HIS SALES MUST BE DOWN AND NEEDED TO DO A PUBLICITY STUNT TO GET HIS NAME BACK OUT THERE AND BE ABLE TO SELL THOSE STUPID SHIRTS AGAIN! MUST OF ONLY SOLD 2 1 TO HIM AND 1 TO HIS MOM!

Ahmed

TO: Mohammed

You are a raviong anti-semite, with stereotypical views. Such hatred is not what Islam teaches!

Shanahan

His house was being taken because he didn't have a lot of money after his child DIED last year and he had to pay the hospital and funeral costs. Being an actor, he couldn't get your normal health insurance OR a normal mortgage because of the unreliable pay. You have to do what you have to do to pay the bills sometimes, humiliating or not.

And, my I ask, what is with everyone using the term "retarded" as an insult? Every person I have ever known with a mental disability has been the nicest, most caring, beautiful soul ever. Is that really such a bad thing to be?

mimi

mohamed, for a lack of anything intellegent to say you bring up religion................hmmmmm, wonder why????

Biggie

Dude its screech wat has he done since saved by the bell hes broke wat did the lady expect to get if she wants to rob someone..rob some one famous cause Sceech isnt Famous

Mickey

Dont believe Dustin Diamond at all, just needs more attention so everyone can remember to help him pay for his house. Must be nice to be famous and ask us normal folks to help him pay for his house, when us folks have to bust our humps everyday to get our bills paid and have a dollar in our pockets. Maybe he should get off his own backside and get a job!