Candy Spelling Prefers Zucchini Over Tori

8/9/2006 1:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Candy and Tori SpellingCandy Spelling has bought the farm -- as in the Farmer's Market in Los Angeles. Aaron Spelling's widow was pretty in pink Sunday as she went from stand to stand, doing her own grocery shopping.

Don't feel too sorry for Candy. She's worth close to a half a bil (yes- with a B). Tori on the other hand -- not so much. Reports are Tori has been all but disinherited from Spelling's mega-estate, pulling in less than a million bucks.

Tori and Candy are in a family war of Jihad proportions. The two have been at war for months. Candy reportedly 86'd Tori's TV project to honor her dad. TMZ has learned the feud was ignited several years ago, when the Spellings threw Tori's first wedding reception. Family sources tell TMZ that Candy dropped a cool million on the affair, but Tori felt her mom cheaped it out.

As for the Farmer's Market outing, at one point Candy seemed to struggle with the bill, but we think it had more to do with her eyesight than her purse. A dutiful assistant in a suit and tie accompanied her as she bought fruits, vegetables and other goodies.

Pieta

Millionares can't be alone with their veggies? ;) Who cares about the trials and tribulations of the ultra rich? God bless Mr. Spelling. He should did contribute to my fond childhood memories of TV viewing. What great show he produced and created. Shame the legacy he leaves behind in his children. Quite sad indeed. What a way his memory is being honored by all.

Ellen

CANDY, DO YOU HAVE A SCAR FROM THE BIRTH OF EITHER OF YOUR CHILDRENS BIRTHS? THEY CAME OUT OF YOU ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. MAYBE THE SCARRING IS JUST IN YOUR MIND. LET YOUR KIDS LIVE IN PEACE, WITH WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY THEIRS TO OWN, THEY ARE BLOOD RELATIONS, YOU WERE ARE "CANDY". YOU I AM SURE WERE HIGHLY TAKEN CARE OF IN YUR HUSBANDS WILL. LET THE KIDS HAVE A PIECE OF THE "ROCK CANDY"!!

kathryn

Is she going to cook those veggies too?

Erin

How dare her parents only spend 1 million on her wedding. Boo hoo my mom is so cheap. What a cheap wedding I had. Personally I think a million on a marriage that lasted less than a year is pretty generous. She cheated on him only a few months into the marriage. She expects us to believe that sha made all her own money. Fat Chance. What a BUTT UGLY woman!

Alex Rogers

I too prefer zuchini over Tori. Yum. :)

Michelle

It is sad that a family with so much is acting nasty to one another. I can't imagine Mr. Spelling would have approved of the behavior his wife and child are displaying. Money can never be as important as family.

Caprice

She certainly doesn't look like a grieving widow...especially since her husband has only recently died. Guess her only concern now besides the zucchini and having an affair while her husband was dying is how to hurt her daughter and spend his money. At least her daughter works for her money...Candy never worked a day in her life! What a useless, vindictive and uncaring mother she is. Typical nouveau riche social climber!

shar

I feel sorry for Tori. I know she is a brat and had a childhood that most people could only dream about. Your children learn what they are taught! I'm not sure if Tori was raised on the set w/dad, at home w/mom, or my a nannie in a gigantic mansion. Something went wrong there! Candi has only herself to blame for Tori's disrespect.
If my daughter ridiculed me in public I would take her aside and ask her, "What do you think your doing?" But, then I raised my daughter and taught her "respect". It is just sad to see a mother's "dislike" of her child in such a public way! The only good I see out of this is that if Tori does have a child she raises them properly, on her own. She can not only teach them to respect her, but show them what respect is! Sorry if I'm preaching, but seeing Tori and her mother in the news is not only tacky, but classless!

lisa

tori is such a loser...

Angela

It is sad seeing the Spelling Family being torn apart over this war they are having about who gets what. They should be thinking about the person they have just lost, their father and husband. But then again, they live in Hollywood, and it's all about money. I was there on holiday a few years ago. I live in Ireland, and Hollywood was like another world. Such a fake place.

Princess Poon

hey Candy:

hand Tory a beating in public, then throw her a few million. Everybody will feel better!

Erin

You can't buy class. Either you have it or you don't and it is apparent that Tori does NOT have any class what so ever. She has to be the most ingrateful daughter on the planet. Not to be happy with a 1 million dollar wedding is beyond sad it is just plain horrible. Her parents gave her way too much as a child and she expects everything handed to her on a silver platter. What a bimbo. Ugly too.

Alyn Brodsky

It might be right motherly of Candy to spend a few of those big bucks she inherited financing acting lessons for that no-talent dauhter of hers. God knows she could use them. And financing a visit to a couple of plastic surgeons to do something with that beauty-challenged face would be nice. Come on, Candy--you gave birth to this zero, now how about giving her a chance at a life?

Erin

Alyn, that is some good advice. Tori can use all the help she can get. I hope she is off making babies because that is the one thing his ex has that she dosn't - his children. I have to say that he is as nasty to look at as she is they make a perfect match. They will make some perfectly ugly children.

Jane

Isn't that her "step mom?"

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments