Haley Joel Osment To Be Charged With DUI/Pot Possession

8/17/2006 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ broke the story that the LA County District Attorney planned to file criminal charges against Haley Joel Osment. Well, it happened Thursday afternoon.

Osment, 18, has been charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol. Osment has also been charged with driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher, with an enhancement of driving with a .15 or higher. Osment was also charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana while driving. Finally, Osment was charged with the infraction of driving under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol level of .05 or higher.

Osment, who was nominated for an Oscar for his role in "The Sixth Sense" at age 11, lost control of his 1995 Saturn on his way home and collided with a brick pillar in a suburb around 1 a.m. on July 20. No bystanders were injured in the wreck, but Osment wasn't so lucky: the actor was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was treated for a broken rib and a shoulder injury.

The collision caused the vehicle to flip over onto its roof and come to rest a short distance from the initial impact. The actor was reportedly alert and talkative following the accident, and was alone at the time of the crash.

Joey

Am I totally shallow?

The only thing I keep thinking here is, the kid couldn't do better than a '95 Saturn???

Cindy

This could have been your son, or mine. This could have been your husband, or mine. This could have been your Dad, or mine. Actors are simply imperfect flesh and bone, just like the rest of us. The only real difference is that their imperfections are made public for open ridicule and we are usually fortunate enough to keep ours private and hidden. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Carrie

With all this kid has going for him; talent, a great face, a bright future, he almost threw it all away by getting in the car after drinking... What is it about not driving after drinking that people just don't seem to understand?

Frooti 2

:Please remember he is only 18 y.o. and not responsible for his looks. His Creator is the person responsible for that. Are you any better looking? Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes all the way to the bone.

i'm glad i'm not a person

I think he's pretty cute. And acting like a normal 18 year old. Do you people really believe everything your saying or are you just trying to get responses, cuz if you're just looking for responses, it worked for me, so here's my response. This world needs to let kids be kids. It makes me sad how fast kids grow up these days. AND DRUGS ARE ONLY DRUGS BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT SAYS THEY ARE! They say they make them illegal for our protection, but the only thing the government has the right to protect me from is war. This coming from someone who has tried a few drugs but decide she didn't like them. So I think it's pretty obvious I can take care of myself, and I have a feeling HJO can take care of him self. Keep up the good work Haley.

Diane

I think he is just as cute now as he was when he was younger

vinny russo

OH WELL DRUGS DON'T HAVE NO DISCRIMINATION THEY EVEN HIT HOLLYWOOD BUT HOPEFULLY HALEY WILL JUST HAVE TO PAY IT FOWARD LOOK AT BOY GEORGE HE IS CLEANING UP MANHATTAN LOL

Hailey

Tsk. Kids and Drugs. I'm a cop and I bust tons of kids with drugs. U know who, I agree with Gina, that kind of trash talk should not be on here. Kids read this stuff.

Brandy

He was driving a Saturn????

HIghtimes

Who the hell drives a 1995 saturn???
I bet his parents live in a multi million dollar home and drive maybachs

Hey, everyone, betcha gina has a perscription to xanax
Get real, pot is not a drug, get over it

Evil Rob

Are you kidding me right now? This kid was driving a Saturn. He must have smoked up the BMW. What a fool.

Fred

A '95 Saturn ?

Don

Marijuana will never be completly legalized or regulated like tobacco or alcohol. Here's why. Supply & demand. There is not enough open land in this country with decent weather conditions to meet the demand. Do you seed or clone the million plus acres? They would need enough water to empty Lake Pick any one. Can't import. Money could wind up in the wrong hands. And they are fickle. Too much water, yellow up and die. Not enough, they dry up in a heart beat. Or pests like white flies or spider mites, and mold if you don't harvest on time... And who does all this labor? Sorry gang. I could be wrong. In the meantime, buy american, support your local grower.

Rai

no wonder he was drinking.....he's got the same problems as the rest of the world. he was driving a 95 saturn! he probably still lives with his parents too.

Lisa

Who on here hasn't screwed up? It's just not as exciting when you do it, nobody cares about that.