Rosie's Angsty Pre-"View" Poetry

8/21/2006 1:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rosie O'Donnell is clearly conflicted about her upcoming debut as a co-host on "The View" -- and she's letting her feelings spill out for all to read. On her blog, O'Donnell has given her fans and observers a taste of what she's been thinking in advance of joining Barbara, Joy, and Elisabeth at the kaffeeklatsch, almost in real-time and in a stripped-down shorthand (and all-lower-case) verse that might best described as Hai-M.

Last Thursday, she caused a minor stir when she reacted to having seen the new "View" promos, in which she's portrayed as just one of the girls. "It will be hard 4 me/2 not b/the boss," she wrote. But Friday, she did something of an about-face, writing, "I am excited about the view ... hoping they all like me ... cuz there is nothing better/than being a cast member."

And then yesterday, Rosie described an interaction at Saturday's Creative Arts Emmys (pictured above) with a reporter from Access Hollywood, who apparently asked her if she was happy about her former nemesis Star Jones' firing. Rosie wouldn't take the bait, according to her: "It would not have been fun for me/fighting everyday/life is 2 short."

Though her unabashed self-explication is certain to continue to make (little) waves, Rosie herself explains that it's just a way to work things out: "The discord is internal/inside myself. . .feelings are not fights." Rosie's full poetic discourse on "The View," complied into a mini-anthology, follows.

The Pre-"View"

by Rosie O'Donnell

i saw the new view promos
and found myself in the position
i loathe most
powerless

it will be hard 4 me
2 not b
the boss
it is already
and we have only just begun

i am excited about the view
like a new kid on the first day of school
hoping they all like me
that i fit in
cuz there is nothing better
then being a cast member

access hollywood
asked if i was happy
star was gone
b4 i could reply he added
- i would have loved 2 c u 2 go at it
smiling

it would not have been fun for me
fighting everyday
life is 2 short

moretocome

I like Rosie. Her son is so sweat and she seems like a great mother. I wish her the best of luck.

wadlowc

i wouldn't watch o'donnell drown

Antonio

If our government could just convince muslim suicide bombers that the 72 virgins awaiting them resemble Rosie, they will stop blowing themselves up and killing innocent people.

Robbie True

Rosie is a pig and I will NEVER watch the view again! I can't even stand to look at her picture let alone hear that grinding voice again on TV. Why didn't she just stay home in her little love nest!!!!

Happy American

As I e-mailed to Barbara Walters and ABC, I will NOT be watching The View when Rosie comes on. I think she has too many personal issues to be up there on that stage and making comments about Star like she did. And, ABC and BW are making a big mistake. The show will not make it another year.

KarenT

Whatever you think of her, Rosie is a woman who backs her beliefs with actions. She kept a cast of actors working because she believed in Taboo, she came out when she thought it would help gay folks keep their adopted kids, and she's not a hypocrite. I might now TIVP The View just to see her stand up to Elizabeth.

She's got smarts and tenacity.

Julie

Rosie O has a lot of nerve blasting Star Jones for how she lost weight - jealous there Rosie, not enough guts to do something about your weight. What about pretending to be in love with Tom Cruise on your talk show, how up-front were you to your audience. Rosie in my opinion you should not be in show business.

Jan

The View I thought was supposed to be from womens points of view, not someone who thinks herself a man.

Betsy

I use to really like Rosie O'Donnell but the more I see and hear of her these days , well , I am not such a big fan of hers anymore..
I loved the view but think Star Jones got the shaft... SO I will not longer watch THE VIEW and I do not think I will be missing a daggone thing. Sorry Rosie, you have gotten way to big for your BRITCHES...

Sharon Sachse

I have never liked Rosie. She has big mouth and all that comes out of it is trash. I used to love the view but I'll never watch it again. B.W. should be ashamed of her self for hiring such a low life.

Donna

I used to love to watch the show and never missed it. When they got rid of Star, it was the end of my watching it ANYMORE. Eventhough I really didn't have an opinion on Star Jones, she did offer the black & legal point of view on the subject. I really don't wanna watch Rosie O'Donnell. I felt real bad for me not to watch it and for the show. Because of Rosie comin on, I'm afraid the show will eventually really loose its audience.

babstar o'donnell

I hope she gets a new smile because the fake one she does creeps me out.
One hopes she doesnt start throwing balls into the audience or sing,
maybe they all should have a push button keyboard by them.
oh yea and is john mc (whatever his name is) going to try to peek in from behind set. it would be classic if they had a trap door underneath all the chairs and when someone makes a stupid comment they get sucked down. happy happy joy joy

Marge Barens

i have never liked the View.... it is on TV just long enough for me to get to it to change the channel.... with Rosie on it, I REALLY Won't watch it!! BAH! HUMBUG!!

Ralph

Well at least they will have her paired with another obnoxious host Barbara Walters,it will make it easy to avoid both of them by skipping that channel. I could care less if she is gay, but listening to her talk is like fingernails on a chalkboard. bad enough seeing her on the HBO special, could have had something worthwhile on instead.

babstar o'donnell

I like Rosie........I like the view
i dont like the combination

One things for sure they need a new set designer!!