The Three Amigos: Trouble In Paradise?

8/22/2006 3:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Could it be splitsville for Matthew McConaughey and Lance Armstrong, celebdom's most visible new BFFs? A report today by New York Daily News' Ben Widdicombe says that Jake Gyllenhaal has edged out Matt for the plum role of playing Lance in an upcoming film version of Armstrong's life story, even though it's been McConaughey who's logged the most time with the cycling legend in recent weeks, as faithfully chronicled by TMZ.

The saga began in earnest last month at the Tour de France, where Lance and Jake (himself an avid cyclist) hung out together to watch the competition, fueling speculation that Gyllenhaal was preparing for a role in the Armstrong biopic being developed by Sony. And then, in late July, the trio was spotted biking together in Malibu -- who knows how competitive that seemingly innocent ride must've been, with Jake and Matt vying for Lance's approval?
Miami -- wine-shopping, clubbing, or having an intimate jog on the beach, in the rain. Today, however, it seems that the seat of power has shifted . . . to Jake.

linda

always remembering matthew too cute. but better yet his personality.. very earthy, honest, and charming :)

Sunday's Child

IF.....Matt is gay and Tom Cruise is gay (supposedly).....what does this say about Penelope Cruz who was involved with both of them? I'm just asking.

yaya

# 4 took the words right out of my mouth! :0)

Tyler

True Story. . .
I live in South Beach and I peep your so call sexiest man alive Mathew MaConewhateva in the club last night hammered out of his mind. .

I mean like Mel Gibson wasn't this drunk ya' dig. . it was sexy or pretty at all. All kinds of people were laughin' at him and takin' picture cause he could barley stand up which I said he must be going thru something 2 let himself get 'dat way so I guess this is the reason. . . .

Plus the club was like it's gay & freak people night as well so I wonder who he woke up with? I love 'dat night cause yea' there is like hot chics and the music is insane.

Karilyn

Jake...Gay. Matt...Gay. Tom...Gay. Lance...Straight, but craves the attention and being in the press.

large sized teen

Thanks karilyn. sounds right.

Kris

What's this? A slow news day? A love triangle between the three of them? Awwwwww, poor Matt.

Dee

The men on this board are truly disgusting and THEY MUST BE GAY themselves to rip men that we all KNOW are not gay.

Come on guys...why don't you just suit up and mosey over to YOUR nearest GAY BAR and stop the shots at Lance and Matt.

Men who are still IN THE CLOSET are the ONES that are CONSTANTLY talking about OTHERS being Gay...

John....you hear me my gay brother....lmao!

Greg Goodrich

Puhleese....could it be more obvious? Lance and Matt are totally having an affair or are BF's and Jake has come into the picture as the new love interest/affair with Lance! Straight men DO NOT spend this much time together, even with their bestfriends and they certainly do NOT go wine shopping together in Miami! Give me a break. I just wish some of these Hollywood actors would just be themselves and come the hell out of the closet. They'd feel so much better about themselves and would live healthier lives! But I must say....these three are hotties and I would LOVE to see them get it on and then watch Matt and Jake have a cat fight over who gets Lance for good! =).....we can all have our fantasies can't we?

Jeff

"Brokeback Bikers"

Sue

I don't really care, but thank you for showing that picture!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ellen

so......the studio went with the better actor.............a bottle of hair dye and Jake is Lance, just because Matt had the blonde hair to begin with didn't in "Hollywood Style" make him the "sure bet"

Shirley

are the guys guy or what

Carl

What's this ? Broke Back Mountain Part Deux ?

Alix