Whoa! Joey Lawrence is Back

8/22/2006 1:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joey Lawrence: Click to watchJoey Lawrence, the former "Blossom" heartthrob, joins "Dancing With the Stars" this season and is showing off a completely different look along with his dance moves.

After laying low for a little while to get married and have a baby, Lawrence decided to shake it on the third season of the hit ABC show.

"This dancing has been getting me in really good shape," says Lawrence. "You can't keep the weight on just because you're always moving 3-4 hours a day like this sweating your brains out."

While fans may be surprised to see his moves, many will be even more surprised by his new appearance. Gone are the long locks that made him famous, and what remains is a shaved head and lots of muscles.

"My hair went along with my career ... I never had the guts to go completely clean ... I got rid of all the hair products, brushes, dryers and everything. It takes me five seconds to get ready, it's great. I'm not going to grow it back."

The new season premieres Tuesday, September 12 at 8PM.

sean

he's sooooooooo tiny but totally hot!

Whatever

He looks like a penis.

janine

Joey hasn't been completely off the map and this isn't his first return to television. He has had a small recurring role on UPN's (now the CW) sitocm "Half and Half". TMZ needs to tewak their "research"department al little. Even for someone like Joey Lawrence, small potatoes

Tom Cruise

He was so cute on Blossom. Now his head looks like a buttock.

Shena

OMG, Joe is HOT!

trish

Joey looks like he's gone through some radiation treatment. White men need to leave that look for the Brotha. Y'all can't touch that!!! Actually, Joey looks like Dr. Evil's better looking brother!!

Dimples

Joey was also on the program American Dreams. I don't care for the way he looks without hair.

Debbie

I think Joey is extremely hot. He looks better than ever. I have loved him since the 80's. I think everyone is entitled to do what they want with their own look. Good for him! Congratulations on the marriage and baby. Love you!!!!!

Black Sheep

No no no no no. Grow it back!

melissa

look! it's mr. clean!

Nora

I must admit, the look is different from what I'm use to, but if he's happy with it (and it appears that he is) then I say, "Go for it!" I haven't heard of any complaints from his new wife, so I guess it's all good.
I can't understand how or why he married her so fast. His divorce from Michelle wasn't over until Dec 2005; therefore how could they have gotten married on July 2005? Why the rush? Maybe it's not my business, but I'm just curious.
As far has his new look goes, I think it could become him. He slightly reminds me of Bruce Willis, now that he is bald. It's okay.

Karen

I like it ....he went from a cutie pitudie to edgy and sexy. Good move....His body will always be HOT HOT HOT!

Crystal

Whoever wrote the article must not have been watching television or any recent movies because Joey Lawrence has been on television since "Blossom". He was recently in an IceBreakers chewing gum commercial. He's been in a few Disney movies as well. And I'm sure he was probably doing other things as well.

What was the writer talking about??
I guess, just because the media hasn't put his personal life in the tabloids and on entertainment news and just because he hasn't done anything idiotic these past 10 years, he hasn't-- according the them-- been around since "Blossom".

S Courteau

Why is it that when someone decides to shave their head some poeple wanna say something stupid like "oh.... he got radiation?" And that look belongs to the "brothas?" A look doesn't belong to any one person or group. If we wants to shave his his head more power to him. It's a sign of change and growth in my opinion. Go Joe! And good luck on Dancing With The Stars!

Jennifer

This doesn't even look like the same Joey I remember. Why the shaved head? It doesn't suit you Joey. Grow it back! Please.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments