CNN "Bathroom" Anchor Is a Good Sport

8/31/2006 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kyra PhillipsKyra Phillips, the CNN anchor whose bathroom break banter was accidentally broadcast live during a speech by President Bush, is dropping by the set of "The Late Show With David Letterman" tonight to deliver the Top Ten List.

No word on where Phillips will deliver the list from.

kathryn

I'm SOOOOO glad this chick is not my sister-in-law. Her a*s would be grass.

Karen

Whatever Kathryn, things like these happen to the best of us! Kyra is such a sweetheart...and most in-laws are like that anyways !!! So what if she has her brother's back !

kathryn

She's a moron. Every professional in that field knows better. I hope her sister-in-law puts her in her place. It's not that b*ches business anyway. CNN sucks.

Jennifer

I think this situation is too funny. We ALL talk about people behind each other's backs and this just shows that she has issues with her family just like the rest of us. Haha.

Cabo

She is NOT a moron. When was the last time you heard of someone's bathroom conversation being aired. Yeah, when you have a mic on you should be careful. But mistakes happen; she was a good sport, and your overly harsh reaction just seems like you need to lash out at someone -- anyone!

Erica

I thought it was one of the funniest things I've ever heard. I'm just glad we didn't get to listen to her taking a pee or taking a dump. Her sister-in-law probaly already knows she a control freak. YOU GO GIRL! I love it.

Baggs McJungle

At least she wasn't overheard working through a case of explosive diarreha. Her words were generally complimentary. She will have to work things out with the sister in law, but that is her issue - NOT YOURS - so enough with the harsh words.

kathryn

It's called KARMA...If she had been minding her own business she wouldn't like like a total b*tch on every news network & all over the net. She obviously has no respect for her "family". Again....MORON.

shugbe

Well of course she was a "good sport" about it--what else was she going to do--defend her catty comment about her sister-in-law?? She is supposed to be a professional news anchor on a highly regarded national (/international?) news network. There are thousands of women who would love to have her job!! This sort of unprofessionalism is a strike on her record for sure. She better hope she doesn't have any more public screw-ups for CNN because she probably won't get another chance the next time.

Wicked1

KATHRYN-HOW MANY TIMES DO PEOPLE HAVE TO TELL YOU TO SHUT UP. YOU ARE CLEARLY AN IDIOT. WHY DON'T YOU STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER, PUT THE KIDS DOWN FOR A NAP AND HAVE A FEW MORE BON BONS. L O S E R!

Dimples

I think it is very funny. Ha, Ha, Ha

Cat

its her own damned business, it was a mistake to have the mic on, but I find it hard to believe that you all chat in the bathroom about only 100 positive things. I trash talk all the time with my friends, whether it be about someone we dont even know wearing some hideous outfit, or about the wierd things that our friends and families do. Mic mistakes happen. We catch CEO's all the time saying silly things to other people when they walk away with their mics on. You cant hold it against them. ITS THEIR OWN BUSINESS.

Lisa

It wasn't her fault that the mic was still on. The real moron is the production person who forgot to pot her mic down/off. She's an anchor & isn't responsible for technical issues like her microphone. But, apparently, Kathryn, must live a glass house & has NEVER spoken a bad word about ANYONE & therefore, can pass judgement. No?

casey

SHE IS A COMPLETE MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepto Dismal

Kathryn,

Because I'm usually online during my lunch breaks instead of monitoring each of TMZ's stories as it posts, I notice certain OVERALL common denominators in these threads.

Here's a free snapshot of you as seen by me. Feel free to disregard it.

1). You are usually one of the first people to post (the fact that this is a CONSISTENT tendency rather than RANDOM occurence leads me to think that you have a lot of free time)

which in itself is fine EXCEPT THAT

2). You usually spend this free time posting rude remarks directed toward other posters.

and, yes, you do have a right to FREE SPEECH but

3). The fact that you have very few PERSONAL accomplishments you are proud of is obvious. You take gratuitous shots at other people based on, for instance, your self-alleged youth (see yesterday's Madonna post).

Kathryn!

YOUTH in itself and by itself is NOT an accomplishment.

This is because unlike "old age" youth is inherently NOT achieved.

I am 27. I hope you and the others were kidding yesterday in your attemps to humiliate people ages 40 and older.

I will be turning 28 on 9/21. I am looking forward to it, and hopefully, many more. I wish you the same, Kathryn. And, for the people on this site who are 40 or older, CONGRATULATIONS.

Life lived, experiences, bodies with a history all of their own --these and many others, Kathryn, are achievements.

They do, however, come along with a life usually lived away from the computer. AND/OR because of a certain willingness to be open toward the opinions of others.

I hope (I genuinely do) that you'll prove me my "conclusions" about you wrong. I do apologize if I was presumptuous. I just don't want anyone my parents' age to think that "kathryn" & co. are representative of MY generation.

Hadley Martin