Suri Cruise

Asian Baby?

9/6/2006 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

suri_cruise_2The first pictures of Suri appeared in Vanity Fair magazine today, and on the CBS Evening News last night, and our initial analysis of the long-awaited pictures has led us, and more than a few casual and professional observers, to the same conclusion -- that somewhere in the gene pool of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, some Asian influence has crept in. (As Jossip cheekily posits, "In six years, Vanity Fair will have the story about why Suri has Lucy Liu's eyes." And Gawker posted an Asiatic-looking parody shot of the baby that subsequently spread around the Internet and prompted a disclaimer.)

The delicate, almond-shaped eyes, the milky, pale-ish skin tone, the striking mane of dark, dark hair -- these are the characteristics that have pointed us down this line of inquiry. (It should be noted that, yes, babies tend to look fairly like one another at this early stage, but still.) As far as we can determine, there isn't any Asian blood in either Tom or Katie's family, but that doesn't mean some Far Eastern seed hasn't seeped in somewhere along the way.

Of course, if her parents were really Asian at all, they'd probably have taken into consideration that Suri means "pickpocket" in Japanese and something very close to "renovation" in Korean. That wouldn't be such an auspicious beginning.

Someone who cares

C'mon - leave the poor kid alone already. She looks just like Tom and Kate. Babies' features change daily at that young of a age. She has Kate's facial features, and a head full of hair. She's a doll, LEAVE THEM ALONE AND LET THEM BE A FAMILY........They are not obligated to provide the public with any pictures.

lisa

I'm sorry, that baby looks asian to me. i sat here trying to tell myself i was hallucinating, but hat baby has ASIAN eyes. that baby is not %100 white. theres noo way. but this would all add up, if you ask me. tom cruise and katie holmes have tried to decieve the american public and think were stupid enough to buy it. first there was no public showing of the baby and when they finally do, she looks OLDER ( than 4 months old) and asian. the questions remain, was katie ever really pregnant? if so, did she deliver earlier than they claim? and if that's the case, did something happen to their real biological child? was katie carrying her and a sperm donor's child? her x boyfriend's child? why wait months to show the great joy of your life off to the public? was that because they were scrambling to find a baby to adopt? to "replace" the one they would have had if something hadn't happened to it? these are just questions. i don't know the answers to them, but i do know now that i've seen a pic, it doesn't put MY mind to rest, i think it just increases my speculation about this whole situation. it's obvious, something just isn't "right" here.

michael

i was told a few tears ago by a a nurse that tom cruise was unable to produce a child . she had dealings with him and by the look of this baby it seems true

Kacey

What a crock!! Enough already! I don't even like Tom Cruise but I feel the need to come to the defense of her lineage. I have the same shape eyes that she has and I am of Italian, Irish & Scottish descent. The baby is beautiful and she looks like both of her parents (Tom has almond shaped eyes_). Arggghhh!

Jenny

Just because she has those eyes does not mean she has an asian in her! I too have "asian" eyes but no asian whatsoever in me!

zimmerick

GOD, enough already! Suri looks like a beautiful baby, and Tom wild antics are old news. leave them alone and let them try to be happy. How about some of you gossip rags reports on something worth while? Like how badly our government is f'ing up our country, and what crooks the Republican party are? Yes, I do like seeing some of this "celebrity news", but I think it's gotten to the point of taking it all too far.

Amy

People who think she's wearing a wig...go to Ballz.info......there are more pictures....TMZ cut out half of the picture so you people would think that

Tuna

Well it's about time!!! She is a cute baby and personally I hope they can get past the media and jerks who just won't leave them in peace. GO TOMCAT!!! enjoy being a family and lookin forward to ya making more bad ass movies!!!!

Sierra

Oh come on #14 a wig really????????? Your an idiot.I am so sick of people always saying negative things about the these people(stars) and their babies ....Brittany Spears.....Tom cruise...and all the other stars...Who cares what these" PEOPLE "name" THEIR "babies.I think that all babies are cute. How dare you people talk about a baby. You should remove the cold steal plate where your heart should be.Shes cute.....

Eli

K atie and Tom both deal with alot of crap just like evrybody else in the world, but to deal with people criticizing your kid, ill kick someones ass if they talked about my kids like that, thats for sure.

me

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! LAY OFF ALL THE LAME ASS ALIEN/NOT BIO KID/ASIAN "JOKES" THEY'RE NOT FUNNY!!!

THIS IS A REAL BABY PEOPLE...A HUMAN BEING THAT WILL FEEL LIKE SH*T ONCE SHE'S ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND READ ALL THE SH*T THAT WAS BROUGHT UPON HER!!!

CELEBRITIES OR NOT...THEY'RE A FAMILY...LAY OFF WITH THIS STUPIDITY....

RESPECT THE BABY AT LEAST!!!!!!

tiffany

why does everybody say she look like kate? She looks just like Tom to me, the eye shape are his. Picture him squinting. They have that box shape close to the nose, and a squint athe corner end. I think she's adorable, im so happy she's goregoous, not just cute GORGEOUS so everybody can finally STFU!!! This is the best revenge tomkat could ever have, is to have a GORGEOUS baby! Eat your old ass heart out redstone and everyone else! Ha!

Jay

Your website has proven why this baby's parents took so long to show her to the world. If she came out looking like a perfect blue eyed, blond haired, Cabbage Patch kid there would be comments from the media and the public. It is hard to find something wrong with two beautiful people having a beautiful baby. Maybe your TMZ "reporters" should stay of the Perez Hilton website.

I for one commend her parents for taking their time with the pictures and using a famous photographer and upper class magazine - unlike other celebs who will sell pictures to the highest bidder.

FNC

I agree with #17, stop with all the BULLSHIT! already...There you have it, the baby exist now leave them alone... She's a beautiful baby and look just like her mother... You people should pay more attention and think before making such nasty, mean comments about a baby. First you were going on and on about the baby being deform because they didn't show her. And now that they did, you have to make a nasty comment that she might not be their child. COME ON! TMZ be happy for them or at least leave them alone!

Lisa

How adorable! Stop all those mean, sick, and twisted words. Leave them alone. Use your energy constructively. As a mom, I can't understand why people can be so ugly to the children. They are defenseless. Stop it!