Jessica -- "I Wish I Was in Love"

9/10/2006 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson: Click to watchJessica just wants to be loved. In an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, Nick Lachey's ex confesses she's ready for a serious relationship, telling the talk show host, "I wish I was in love, I need to be in love."

Though many men may feel inclined to disagree, Simpson admits she's not exactly ideal girlfriend material. "I think I'm too hard to be in love with, it ends up on the cover of every magazine. I scare people away."

Just last week Jessica made the cover of PEOPLE for her alleged romance with singer John Mayer -- something the she emphatically denied on "The View."

For a good laugh, also check out Simpson doing a dramatic reading of her new single, "A Public Affair," while Ellen does an interpretive dance.

The full interview airs on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Monday.

Alison

Yeah...Whatever, Jessica is totally hot still, even the lesbians love her!

Jay

Jessica just needs a man who can guide her to make better decisions,and one who is NOT a celebrity....I am a recently retired Police Officer, 54 yrs young, and I KNOW I would be good for Jessie's personal life, and that would help her business life too.....Give her my e-mail, and I will change her life for the better, and she will find NO ONE who would be better for her than me....I am VERY serious about the e-mail.......Jay

Brittany

Jessica is a great girl. We both have the same problem, we're hard to fall in love with. Guys see our beauty first, then they assume we must be great, ya know? Nick was great for her, but they just didn't work. There were bad points on BOTH ends of the relationship, not just Jessica's. She deserves a great guy that can put up with her. Oh, for anyone that thinks her fame went to her head, you would do and say the same things. Celebrity relationships NEVER last because of the tabloids exposing everything. I wish her luck.

Erics

I agree with Germaine. And also forget about the haters they are just jealous! No one is perfect, and you are only human like everyone else, we all have problems. I love you for you not because you were with Nick. You were so young when you got married so it is very hard I know! Just worry about yourself and what is right for you. You still have your whole life ahead of you! And you will find love, maybe it will be with reuniting with Nick, maybe not. Just worry about you and the rest will fall into place.

dallas

what's up with her tan...? can we say FAKE? it clashes horribly with her hair....did she remember to look in the mirror today? oh and she keeps on saying she's not stupid and that she was made to act like that for her show, commercials, etc., but why is she publicly showing how stupid she is?

alexis

I LOVE JESSICA SIMPSON!! SHE IS HOT, SEXY, TALENTED, & NICE!!!!!!!!!!! NICK CHEATED ON HER , THAT'S WHY SHE DIVORCED HIM.............GOOD FOR YOU JESSICA!!!

Peter Markwort

I wonder if she can walk and chew gum at the same time? If there where a "useless category" she would be in it.

What is her purpose on this planet?

alexis

Jessica does need someone who will look after her best interests, someone who really cares about her. Not someone who wants the spotlight or wants to jump in bed with her. Right now, she needs support from her fans, she's been thru hell this past year. I am your #1 fan, & I hope & pray you will find happiness, and forget about Nick. Once you do, you'll be happy again. Love the album!

Jamel

I feel sorry for Jessica. I think she look good and attractive. yo lots of men wish they was in jessica's shoes. I hated nick for dating Jessica

alexis

I just watched Jessica's clip on the Ellen Show. She looks adorable, love her new short do.

alexis

Yeah I hated Nick for marrying Jessica. Wish could meet Jess in person. So so hot baby....

alexis

So many try to put Jessica down...either to heavy...stupid.....etc.....JEALOUS.....JEALOUS....One hellof a body.....She definitely knows what she's doing.......No dummy at all.........................................................

alexis

JESSICA IS STILL TOTALLY HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelsey

woah...you girls are really vicious!!!! People go through bad relationships all the time...The loose someone and dont realize its what the needed all along until its gone..Every girl out there has done that before they let go of a good thing and you cant say you havn't!!! Noone is perfect and who are we to say what she went through...We read through dirty magizines who print THERE REALITY of what they think is going on..Until we are jess or nick we have no idea what really happend... And its really none of our business.. Ofcourse were all hooked on others reality but why dont you worry about your own before you go and judge other people. Its kind of pathetic the way you all talk so badly about a person none of you know personally... I think you all need to grow up because most of you are probably middle age-stay at home moms who do all the house things all by your self all day while your husbands are out having affairs on you... Lets be honest ladys worry about yourself and not Jessica Simpson becuase no matter how bad her love life is right now shes living a better life than most of us could dream. So go back to your pathetic sheltered lives and MYOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexis

Jessica is my favorite celebrity...........so cute & so nice - Good luck & best wishes Jessica. Love you forever & ever.