Anna Nicole's Son Dies, Daughter Born

9/11/2006 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anna Nicole and Son Daniel UPDATE 12:20pm: Reginald Ferguson QPM, Assistant Commissioner for the Royal Bahamas Police Force, tells TMZ that whenever there is a sudden death in the Bahamas, the police have a duty to look into the death. Concerning the death of Daniel Smith, Ferguson says that "there were no signs of physical injury or violence" evident in the hospital room where Smith died, and there are "no reports of drugs, legal or illegal, on [Smith's] person at this time." Moreover, says Ferguson, "Nothing is ruled out. There are no signs of suicide, and police are waiting for pathology reports to make further determinations."

Former Playboy model Anna Nicole Smith gave birth to a baby girl on Thursday in the Bahamas, three days before her son Daniel Smith, 20, died suddenly, on Sunday.

According to a statement posted on Smith's website annanicole.com, "On September 7th Anna Nicole gave birth to a healthy 6 pound, 9 ounce baby girl. Her son Daniel was in the Bahamas with her to share in the joy of his baby sister when he passed away suddenly on the morning of September 10th. We have yet to learn the cause of death but do not believe that drugs or alcohol were a factor."

Daniel Smith appeared frequently in his mother's E! network reality series "The Anna Nicole Show." Smith, per her statement, is "absolutely devastated by the loss of her son. He was her pride and joy and an amazing human being."

Smith has not revealed who the father of her child is, and earlier this year won a US Supreme Court decision to collect her stake in her late husband J. Marshall Howard's fortune.

Amanda

As much as you dont like her thats still horrible!!!!! My condolences to the family......

duh...totally !

very sad news.......

p1tey1

How very sad for her.

Ann

How very tragic. He seemed like the only normal one. No doubt Anna adored her son. Why was she in the Bahamas having her baby? I know you can go anywhere, but seems like a strange choice. But Bless Daniel. He seemed like a nice kid.

Lisa

Despite what people may think of her, positive or negative, this is very tragic and heartwrenching news. I wouldn't wish the loss of a child on anyone no matter of what age. My sympathies go out to her in this time of pain.

sara

How tragic...I can't imagine how sad she must feel. Honestly, I wonder if Daniel was 'acting out' and had a drug overdose or something, due to jealousy of his mom's new baby? It is strange timing. I feel very bad for Anna Nicole right now. It must be so hard to 'celebrate' her new baby right now...

Snowball

This is very sad, no matter how whacked out she's been in her life, this has to be the worst thing any parent can go through.

ujay

This is such sad news. I am praying for her, he seems like a wonderful young man. It is such an irony that a child is born and the other is taken away.

diamond princess

Anna depsite what tha media may play you as you are a great person and I am sorry for your lost

shar

How horrible! I feel so sad for Anna! Her son seemed like a pretty good kid! Considering that his mother has gone threw so many different "roles" in the public. You know, sex symbol, laughing stock, legal woes, etc.. You never heard of any trouble from him! I wish I could say, "At least you have your daughter." But, I know, (having lost a child, also), that nothing will take the place of your precious son, Daniel. My heart goes out to you Anna, and to your newborn, daughter, who will only have your memories of him to remember him by!

h8er#1

That is terribly sad! He seemed like such a nice boy and in spite of his mother's craziness he always seemed to carry himself with dignity. My heart and sympathy go out to Anna Nicole at this time. He was a wonderful son to her.

Your Mama

That poor boy. He seemed so well adjusted considering who his mother is. What a short life.

stoopit

I can't even imagine being in her position. Very sad.

sam

Very sad. Unfortunately it's "Darwin’s Theory" in action.

I read all your previous postings before regarding this Nicole so let’s try not to be too big of hypocrites, shall we?

mar

This is very sad. He actually seemed like a really nice boy. I feel bad for Anna, I hope she has the strenght to go on. God Bless Her!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments