Paris Shows Oprah How It's Done

9/19/2006 2:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click here to return to TMZ.comThe season premiere of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" started out with a bang... er... well, a rich person having a hard time doing a simple everyday task.

To open the show, Oprah and her BFF Gayle King embarked on a cross-country road trip surprising unsuspecting Americans by dropping in unannounced at weddings and other events. The toughest part of the trip for Oprah however wasn't the road itself, but at the gas station. The Queen of TV had to be helped out as she fumbled with the pump, saying "I haven't pumped gas since 1983."

Lucky for her, someone came to her rescue and demonstrated the proper technique for fueling your car. We aren't the only ones laughing as Oprah realized how silly the task was and said "I feel kind of stupid not being able to pump gas, but I thought, well maybe they've changed the pumps since I've last pumped."

On the other side of the United States, Paris Hilton showed Oprah how it's done. Paris proved she's the pro at the pump-- one-handed, in high-heels and talking on the phone.

Sandi

Who cares if Oprah doesn't pump her own gas???? If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't pump my own gas either!!! I'd also have a maid, a cook and my own airplane. Good for Oprah -- live your life the way you want to. People worry way too much about how celebrities spend their time/money.

PAMELA S

SENT TO THE PROGRAM OF LARRY KING, 09/19/06
RE: QUESTION TO ASK O WINFREY

OPRAH WINFREY:

IS IT TRUE THAT IN THE LATE EIGHTIES, EARLY NINETIES. YOU WENT ON YOUR TV PROGRAM. MADE MILLIONS FROM SPONSORS, ACROSS AMERICA. TO HELP LOBBY ADOPTEES,..FIND THEIR BIOLOGICAL BIRTH PARENTS, AT ANY COST? DIDN'T YOU DO THAT OPRAH???

HOW MUCH MONEY DID YOU MAKE OFF UNSUSPECTING WOMEN LIKE ME. WHOSE LIFE WAS DESTROYED? TAKEN TO HELL AND THEN BACK FOR MORE.

DO YOU ALSO KNOW THAT BUSINESSES SURFACED IN THE CHICAGO AREA(S), BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU LOBBIED FOR? THAT THEY MADE MILLIONS ON THEIR OWN BY ILLEGALLY GOING INTO COURT RECORDS, WITHOUT PETITION ON THE PART OF THE BIOLOGICAL PARENT?

YOU KNOW THE ILLEGALITIES, THE WRONGFUL UNDERTAKING. THE NEVER ENDING NIGHTMARES, FOR WOMEN THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTED BY FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS. THAT WERE NOT, BECAUSE OF "YOU"!!!

ARE YOU GOING TO HIDE THIS ONE, TOO, OPRAH. OR ARE YOU FINALLY GOING TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE IN THIS COUNTRY AND HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME WHILE MAKING A MORE THAN DESERVED APOLOGY, TO WOMEN IN THIS COUNTRY, THAT DESERVED FAR BETTER?

BEFORE ENDING, ISN'T IT ALWAYS MORE THAN SEEMINGLY IN THE COUNTRY OF AMERICA. AMERICAN CITIZENS SUFFERING WRONGFULLY. NEVER BEING ABLE TO CARRY FORWARD PROSECUTORIAL, OR CIVIL AVENUES, ON THEIR PART. THE REAL CULPRITS SKIRTING THE ISSUES WRONGFULLY BROUGHT FORTH AGAINST INNOCENT HUMAN BEINGS? US AS AMERICAN WOMEN DESERVED BETTER. FAR BETTER, WHOSE RIGHTS SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AFFORDED THEM, YET WRONGFULLY TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM.

YOU STARTED IT O. WINFREY...YOU KNOW YOU DID!

M

Sadie...Your'e not sad at all. You have your priorities in the right place. Work hard ...appreciate it more. You'll go further than Paris and her money ever will. She's a video whore who happened to be born rich.
Would I trade with her? Hell no!!!
So basically I think we need to tell loveinparis to fuck off..lol. If they have to name themselves as a Paris groupie they are already well on their way to a sad life.
Rock on Sadie!!

DD

Paris-ite is taking our air. She does nothing and IS nothing. Too bad she didn't blow up using her cell phone while gassing up. Regarding her CD? I would love to hear her sing a few notes a capella for Simon....her tracks are so glossed, mixed-over, and synthesized my dog would sound decent. She is a joke. I don't understand why her parents didn't reign her in ages ago. She is still dancing on tables pulling up her dress with no panties on.... come on.

gypsy91676

i don't know what all the commotion is about Paris Hilton. She is just another human being with a little bit more money and fame than the rest of us. I don't see what she has done to any of us. I just see what her judgement has done to her but that is not mine or anyone else's concern. It's hers and people do learn from their mistakes. I think she is pretty funny and I don't know nothng bout her music. She is extremely sexy as my husband says but I find her on the skinny side. But all in all Ialso think she might be a very nice person, but as some of you say us common folk do not run in her circle. And I don't hold that against her. I hold that agaoinst society because they are the ones that have come up with class differences and ya'll negative talkers do not make it any better. So instead of talking about someone because you envy them and call it jealousy---- GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAMELA S

(MY APOLOGIES TO ALL ACTUAL BOVINES AKA COWS.........). I am an animal lover, it includes cows.

......................................................

BUT THE TRUTH ABOUTO WINFREY, PROBABLY KEEPING THE STEAK HOUSE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, OPEN LATER.....IS PROBABLY.....

BECAUSE SHE IS NOTHING BUT A BIG FAT SIDE OF BEEF, ANYWAY.

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, O. FREY.

YOU HELPED RUIN MY LIFE AS WELL AS MANY OTHER AMERICAN WOMEN.

NOW IT IS YOUR TURN.

7 MILLION VIEWERS AND DROPPING.IS ANOTHER REASON TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOUR TV DAYS ARE NUMBERED, ALSO.

newmom

Umm I have never pumped my own gas it is Illegal to do so in New Jersey. I don't see what the big deal is.

DD

Oh I do have a life, Gypsy dear......far from Oprah and Paris': My husband has 40+ years with a company that took away his stock, slashed his pay 5 times and dumped his pension, my company fired me for too much sick time (the cancer I have is probably going to kill me soon, too), my son was run over by a speed boat in a freak accident that almost severed his feet, and those are just a few of the highlights.... How is your life, sweetheart?

LeeLee

O,

Your hair was busted!

Mike C

Forget Paris, I want to meet Sadie!!!!!

raacist bullsh*t

To Sadie (and other simians with no grammar skills): If you want to be considered a "bombshell with brains," learn how to spell and use punctuation. Dumbass. You need to capitalize your letters at the beginning of your sentences; you need to learn how to spell millionaire, and you need to lay off the exclamation points. If your words were articulate and your verbage expressive, you wouldn't need to use them. It's very sad that our language skills in this country are so poor, yet we criticize others for their incompetences.

Proper English Speakingly,
Tam

Chrissy

OMG, *lovinparis*...you are RETARDED!!! You must be one of those fans who has dedicated their life to someone they will never meet. Know what happens to people like you??? Ya'll end up being arrested for stalking and such. Most normal people couldn't care less about paris hilton or any other "star" out there. It's ok to admire their work but you've gone beyond overboard. Perhaps if you would get a life yourself you could quit convincing yourself these stars are "perfect". A lot of people have money, looks and some even have fame in one way or another, the thing is, those people worked for it. If you're going to idolize someone, why don't you make it someone who deserves the respect. Paris Hilton is certainly not one of them!! Besides the fact that she's a whore (which she proved to the world all by herself) she's a spoiled little rich brat...and DUMB AS ALL HELL.

Have a nice day!!!

chopchop

ToTammy #55, You go girl!! Sadie sounds like an idiot!! Ha!!

mel

Please tell Ms. Hilton that pumping gas while using a cell phone could cause the gas fumes to ignite.

PN

That was a funny season premiere of Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King's summer road trip. Funniest moments was Gayle singing every song playing on the radio, some times good, most times off key (TV still like to ride on that bad singers trend started by William Hung on American Idol 2 years ago). But Oprah not knowing how to put gas in a car was so funny! Oprah does talk shows, maybe 40 to 80 to 200 shows in a row, and doesn't have time to do those things like the rest of us. So we have to cut her some slack. But where they drove, such as Las Vegas and the beautiful mountains of Sedona, Arizona--it was breathtaking to watch. I wished that they did the entire show on it, instead of half of it, but there was so much to cover of an 11-day trip. I still can't believe that they went 3600 milles in that car from LA to New York. I'm looking forward to their route to the Midwest, Kansas and their own version of Wedding Crashers. I think that this was their lighter version of the the one-upmanship and arrogance of some reality shows, something Mark Burnett and his handlers wouldn't do.