Rosie To O: Admit It, Already!

9/20/2006 1:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rosie O'Donnell trained her gaydar on Oprah Winfrey and her BFF Gayle King on "The View," saying that the talk-show queen and her BFF Gayle King are, despite their protestations to the contrary and despite their not being full-blown lovers, "a tiny bit gay." As the denizens of "The View" mused about Oprah and Gayle's cross-country trip, as chronicled on Oprah's season premiere Monday, Rosie turned her attention to the pair. Her assessment? "You might be a little bit gay, you're just not doin' it," she said of O and G, explaining that an absence of sex wouldn't preclude the pair from sharing in a certain sapphic satisfaction.

Whether or not she's pushing Oprah and Gayle towards an admission, Rosie also said that she thinks everyone could be "a tiny bit gay." Needless to say, her cohort and sparring partner Elisabeth Hasselbeck does not.

A call to Oprah's rep at Harpo Productions was not returned. And Rosie, on her blog yesterday, lavished praise on Oprah and the premiere, saying that she was "brilliant," "beautiful," and "something else all [sic] together."

1930 COMMENTS

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

James Vottero

Nothing in this world is sacred anymore and I blame it on the gay community coming "Out of the closet ". The gay activists including Rosie are trying to tear down everything and everyone whether they are heterosexual or homosexual in order to make themselves feel good about themselves. The catholic priests were exposed as having gays in their orders. That is a perfect example of bringing something " Out of the closet " for the whole world to see. Believe me the catholic church did not initiate this cold sore. It was something that they wanted to be private. The assmuption that Rosie has of the greatest talk show host or hostess ever ,including you Rosie, is irrelevent to her work on tv and only supports my " view " about the gay community. Rosie needs to apoligize to Oprah for her remarks so that the heterosexual community doesn't think that Rosie 's only agenda is to tear down Oprah.

arpod

I think that Oprah thinks to much of herself and I think she should remember her beginings similar to that of Jerry Springer - airing peoples dirty laundry - she made a fortune off of peoples problems. Then she decided to change her show because she thought she was better then that. I dont like the fact that she took that new author to the cleaners when it was found out that he streched the truth in, " A million Little Pieces." If you are going to put yourself out there and recommend books & a psuedoskrink - then things like this are going to happen. I don't base any decisions on what Oprah thinks ever - she is full of herself!!!

arpod

I AM SO GLAD SHE WAS NOT INVITED TO TOM CRUISE'S WEDDING - SHE EVEN CRITIZED HIM FOR IT - AFTER ALL ITS HIS WEDDING - DOES SHE THINK SHE RULES THE WORLD!!! SHE NEEDED TO BE PUT IN HER PLACE - ACCORDING TO THE INSIDE TRACK - SHE DIDNT HAVE TO AIR THE COUCH SEEN IF SHE CHOSE TO DO ANOTHER TAKE - SHE WAS GOING FOR RATINGS - EVEN THOUGH TOM WAS SUCH A PERSONAL FRIEND - IF I WAS GAYLE I WOULD NOT BE TOO TRUSTING OF OPRAH!!!

Lane

II am not a fan of Ms. Winfred but, to my opinion; the most obvious to be hiding in the closet behind Oprah, and Gayle is Stedman. In each of the photos I have seen, he is the one trying to "capture" the cameras. Yes, I do believe as Ms. O donnel-( I am not homophobic!) Oprah, and Gayle are in love with each other, and Stedman is a friend, and for "show".

DeAnna

be it far from me to judge any ones life style. I do think that Rosie as well as anyone should be sesitive to someones life style. It is surly not our job to judge unless you are part of a courtroom and sitting in the jury seats. It is true that being gay is sinful in Gods eyes and he'll surly have his day with those in question.

A.J.

I personally think that much of society has a problem in minding other peoples business. It just goes to show how much hate we have in this world. Worry about yourself and not other peoples lives. That is why there is war going on all around us. If people are gay or not , if they want to come out of the closet or not! It's no ones business ." LIVE YOUR LIVES THE WAY YOU WANT." and let people live theirs . Don't waste your lives and energy on people like Rosie, who seem to be miserable and needs attention. That Girl has to much hate in her heart. Life is to short and at the rate that the ozone is moving we may not be around to long. So for all you people who are like Rosie , full of hate, I pity you cause GOD.don't like ugly!!! At least Oprah is not a hater like Rosie.So if Oprah is Gay or not She has done more for humans than Rosie has!!!!!!!!!!1

A.J.

sheri augustyn

I cannot watch this show any longer. Get rid of Rosie and I'll be back.

sheri augustyn

I cannot watch this show any longer. Get rid of Rosie and I'll be back.

sheri augustyn

I cannot watch this show any longer. Get rid of Rosie and I'll be back.

Ann

I just signed up for YouTube so this article and just had to comment. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS GAY CRAP! I don't care how you like your sex and with whom. Rosie needs to keep her big mouth shut. Whether Oprah is or is not, is no ones business. Rosie is just an old busy body. I can't stand her and I stop watching The View because of her. I'M STRAIGHT AND THAT'S THAT!!!!

cyn

why does nayone care who anyone else is attracted to or sleeping with-get lives of your own

Becky

It is a shame that Rosie has to drag good old fashion closeness and sisterhood into the arena of "gaydom". To me she presents greater discrimination on heterosexuals by eluding that any touching or closeness of friends must be an act of supressed homosexuality. Rosie lost touch with reality a long time ago and, in my opinion, lost the respect of a broad based fan club and, instead, became a hysterical advocate and self appointed spokesperson for the gay community.

jami

Personally, I don't care who Rosie, Oprah or Gayle (or anyone else, for that matter) love or sleep with. I have a best girlfriend whom I've know for many years. She is gay and she is the kindest and best person I've ever known. Being gay doesn't take away from who you are. It also doesn't add to who you are, either. People are people... this is way overdone.
And for all you bible thumpers out there.....remember, judge not lest yea be judged.

Herb

Rosie thinks that everyone is a little bit gay, and everyone thinks she is a little bit streight.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments