Oprah Lords Over White Folk, Talks Poop on XM

9/25/2006 2:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If it wasn't already totally evident that Oprah Winfrey can talk about anything for any length of time, her debut today on her own XM Radio channel just confirmed it. The talk-show queen gabbed with her best pal Gayle King (who called her, inexplicably, "Mommy") on what is nominally King's show on "Oprah & Friends," the satellite channel that launched today.
oprah audio

Among many, many other things, Oprah talked about her humble beginnings in Mississippi, and particularly about how her mother's highest aspiration for her was that she might end up cleaning white people's houses, because "they give away nice clothes." And then Oprah pointed out that now that she's Oprah, she has "all these white people" working for her, and that in fact there's only one black person on the staff. Way to turn the tables, girl.

Finally -- and this was just in the first fifteen minutes -- Oprah moved onto her most recent favorite topic, excrement. O assured Gayle that the reason she doesn't have children wasn't that she can't deal with poo, or "pooty," as the pair called it. For this -- and whatever follows -- is what XM is paying Oprah $55 million over the next three years.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mori

Oprah is a human being what she said about "it" is what was said yesterday or so however you understood it is what makes you: YOU. So do well for you own good.

Big Ray

Oprah has come a long way like all of us blacks. Racist I think not. The typical black person comes from an enslaved family legacy. Take for instance that my great-grandfather is the product of a married white plantation owner's sexual assault of my married enslave great-great grandmother. My grandmother, father, me, and my children are all the result of a RAPE. This is appauling by today's standards but was common and blatent not too long ago. Coincidently the same is true for my wife's family. Hence her green eyes and red hair and constantly being asked....what race are you?.....the same with my kids. Our families are cursed forever....so when should we "stop playing the race card" to us its not just a card its the "BIG JOKER"!!!!!

Alot of you dont know what its like to be black in the south from her era. From what my mom tells me....Picking cotton from sun up to sun down was quite intense. and this was in the 50s. and it doesnt stop. I live in chicago and have been pulled over by white cops on a couple of occasions and when they look at my license they ask where are you going and why are you around here? did I mention I'm a manager for a fortune 500 company and was on my way to work. So the Hermes incident... I understand how she felt. Oh and dont forget...if she was such a racist why is it that most of her employees are white and are majority viewer base is white. Also not to mention there are no Local sponsored programs targeted for the blacks in her area where she has lived for the last 20-25 years. She is nowhere near a racist. If she was her staff wouldnt be nearly completly white. It would be all black!!!! Think about that!!!!!!

Cathy.....

Wow….poor OPERAH so much jealousy amongst all the white people. Be proud of her for who she is and what she has done no matter what color she is. Because believe me anyone of you on this blog would be happy to go on her Christmas gift show….YOUR just JEALOUS face it guys.

OPERAH IS GREAT…..she gives great information and helps everyone. She’s just proud because blacks do have a harder time….and….you know that DEEP inside. Give everyone a break….Except for American Indians everyone else is a foreigner………….yes…..YOU TOO kkk.

But, most black people could be alittle nicer to everyone else and not be so hostile all the time (please) everyone should stop saying the N word it should be illegal for even rappers to say the N word in music....wrappers are the ones who are the creators of this problem N this N that in the music. We all have good and bad people in diffrent culters lets just be proud of the good ones who work hard....meaning anyone who works hard.

KEEP-UP THE GOOD WORK OPERAH.

Cathy.....

sorry...... wrong spelling "OPRAH"

STILL LOVE UR WORK.

Y.T

I would think that being in the public eye as much as Opera is, she would be a little more intellegent. If she is trying to get ratings then she should go to the other side-- the Howard Stern side. Just goes to show you money doesnt buy you everything- meaning ignorance.

I think there is one thing every one tends to look over.... All of the people in Africa that became slaves in the U.S (im going to say this slowly)

THE AFRICAN PEOPLE WERE GATHERED UP IN AFRICA, BY THE LEADERS OF AFRICA. (A BLACK MAN) THEY WERE TRADED TO THE WHITE MAN FOR SHELLS. no money was given to the african leaders. Do you think the white man went over ther with a fishing net and just took them?????? but thats not important is it just a minor detail.

J

Please why should the "N" word not be used??? You black people use it all the time. But watch out when a White person use's it watch out it's wrong. Come on stop the double sh t!! your own people use the N word!! But it's o.k to say whity whity> First of all it's White say it right we say Nigger. Slaves are not here move on stop bringing sh t up then maybe we could move on. Boo Woo we r black we were slaves stop using that crap and show what your made of!!! You people use that crap ALL the time STOP slaves are dead move on dead a long time before you came to this country using history STOP. White orange green whatever prove move on stop using the race card. Oh by the way the christmas show ?she doesn't lay out a dime the company's dos she isn't paying crap

J

#830 SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true u don't like it then your own shouldn;t use it. Many black people use the NIGGER word but it's o.k Why??? they want it all. Slaves don't live here any more what r u going to use now?? The slaves moved on read the history books. You boo hoo black people keep using it. Be a slave Then you can complain. Your forfather's would be a shamed. the N word is just like the w word so why say it?? move on

J

whatever color move on. Get real people. Make yourself better and prove to all, don't use things that happened years ago when u do u can't move on. Who care's about the :N: or W' word Stop using things that happened years ago, don't use stuff like thatMake yourself better by being who u are not where u r from. All of us are from Americana move on . The story is getting boring.

namakula tause

Ms.Oprah, what a stroke of genius to have precipitated such a dialogue around the issue of ethnocentric stereotopy. Now who came up with that provocative idea? (smile) The responses are a researcher's dream. What better way to stimulate the mind to cause to resonate to consciousness all of the microchips to reflect on the etiological development of racism. No, maybe the neurobiology of racism! ...your color, my color, your state of servitude and the need to come to the New World since I could never become a king or queen;and have slaves to help me, but be sure you have those with skills and strengths...Oh how wonderful!

Dee

If she didn't mean anything by it, she wouldn't have said it. All she had to say is that not only is she not cleaning for anyone, but that she has people cleaning for her. The race really shouldn't be an issue. Obviously it is though that's why she doesn't have blacks working for her.

And as for "Queen" above.. you are the epitamy of RACIST....... and retribution... you aren't even close to being old enough to be asking for retribution...If it didn't happen to you personally.. why are you personally harping on it. Why not love one another and be happy love someone for there self not there skin. I happen to be white woman with a black husband, with children and he, nor does his mother, or grandmother ever treat me or any other white people different than any others. And his grandmother was taken advantage on a regular basis of from the white man that her mother worked for and even had 3 children by him, but never continually harps as you are above.

Peace, Love & Respect to all.

God Bless
Hope all has a wonderful Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas

Cathy.....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK OPRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR ANYONE WHO CAN AND WANT TO HELP OTHERS NO MATTER WHAT COLOR.

ITS BECAUSE OF OPRAH THEY GIVE THE GIFTS! THEY DEFIANTLY WOULD NOT GIVE TO ANYONE ..... ....YOU WRITE LIKE A TRAILER TRASH DUDE....CALM DOWN.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

la

stop being haters!!!! Oprah does a lot of good for PEOPLE and women. She is not a perfect being. She makes mistakes and has her own opinions, views and biases which may vary greatly from others. So what. You hate her because she ia a powerful Black woman... We all made her that way because a great majority allign with her and what she says........

just stop the hating...you (white/ greater society) have ben racist for so long that you should be able to take a few off color comments every now and then. It's is not right, it just happens smometimes.
ever heard of "Shit Happens?"

She_Wolf

Hello,

Is there some other way that I can add my comments WITHOUT having to resort to going back and forth in my silly email in order to "activate" my posts all the time?

Thank you! :)

mike miller

Oprah is a waste of space. If this lady actually cared about anything other than herself she wouldn't have created a magazine only to have herself on the cover every stinking month. How vain is that? As the wise Abe Lincoln said "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character give him power.", she has failed in my humble opinion. Oprah acts as if she is better than even those who watch her show. What is worse is that it seems to me that Oprah instills the belief in women that they aren't good enough as themselves, they must do what she thinks is the "new great thing" in order to be hip. Do us all a favor Oprah, drop off the planet.

Cj Lewis

If being White and getting hired by Oprah is racist. I wish she'd discriminate against me.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments