Oprah Lords Over White Folk, Talks Poop on XM

9/25/2006 2:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If it wasn't already totally evident that Oprah Winfrey can talk about anything for any length of time, her debut today on her own XM Radio channel just confirmed it. The talk-show queen gabbed with her best pal Gayle King (who called her, inexplicably, "Mommy") on what is nominally King's show on "Oprah & Friends," the satellite channel that launched today.
oprah audio

Among many, many other things, Oprah talked about her humble beginnings in Mississippi, and particularly about how her mother's highest aspiration for her was that she might end up cleaning white people's houses, because "they give away nice clothes." And then Oprah pointed out that now that she's Oprah, she has "all these white people" working for her, and that in fact there's only one black person on the staff. Way to turn the tables, girl.

Finally -- and this was just in the first fifteen minutes -- Oprah moved onto her most recent favorite topic, excrement. O assured Gayle that the reason she doesn't have children wasn't that she can't deal with poo, or "pooty," as the pair called it. For this -- and whatever follows -- is what XM is paying Oprah $55 million over the next three years.

Shar

To #808, the above very astute post! AMEN SISTER!

I am white, was raised by a very abusive, biggot who beat his wives and children. MY FATHER IS THE MOST RACIST PERSON ON THE PLANET! He cheered when both Kenndys and Martin Luther King were shot. As a small child and subsequently a teenager, I did not know what to think since I was also a church goer and very conflicted by my Dad's outrageous ways versus the teachings of Jesus.

Not understanding the meaning of Oprah's comment is as bad as the media twisting John Lennon's comment in 1966. "The Beatles are more popular than Jesus Christ." JOHN DID NOT SAY "THE BEATLES ARE BETTER THAN GOD" WHICH IS WHAT IT WAS TRANSLATED INTO.

People like to put "spins" on things to suit their personal agendas, whaever they may be.

Anybody with a brain knows exactly what Oprah meant. I love Oprah and will continue to watch as long as she CHOOSES TO BE ON THE AIR! What a great position she has created for herself. She has done a great job getting to where she is and has MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of fans to show for it.

dave

Oprah or is it Okra she is one on the most racist stuck up in the world mf'ers that breathed. Why do all white people have to bow down to the black race all the time. If any one can remember whites fought and died for their (blacks) freedom but do we get a thanks HELL NO, just keep on giving and giving while blacks take and take. No body is still alive from slavery days so why do we still have this problem. If they are complaining about being removed from their homeland all the time then get the Fuck back to Africa and maybe oprah can run there better since its all black and no racists oops i forgot no welfare or handouts they'll have work to survive there

aj

I believe the Oprah is a sell out that she has forgotten who she is. I believe and always have the here shows, her magazine or geared toward rich white women. I find in funny that most of the post from white people are downing her, when she obviously has topics of interest to most white women. Dont get me wrong I am not putting down any race, I just know that I dont find her to be in touch with any one I know. I believe she is full of herself and very materialistic. I think any time she is showing us the crazy money she spends for parties and what not and people right here are starving and losing their homes she is out or touch

Artiste

I can't beilieve all fo this HATRED. Is that what AMERICA is ALL about? That was dripping with sarcasm..of course it is!! My country tis of thee....sweet land of liberty...liberty???

don

Oprah is a shit talking racist, She took her joke of a show to South Africa and was giving away all sorts of cash and toys and things to people and not one white person recieved anything. The Government of SA is effectively enforcing discrimination against whites, but you never hear it on TV or any news outlet. The media is so Jew oriented that everything it produces is litlle better then propaganda. Oprahs show is nothing but a communist style propaganda outlet. Just look at the hypnotized look on the idiot women in her audiance. You see the same look on the brainwashed fools in a cult compound. You want to do yourself a favor and stop watching such bullshit and telling your friends the truth about reality in the world.
If you want to know about racism look to jews, the original racists. They think all the rest of human kind is here to serve them and they appointed themselves watchdogs of Political correctness.
Mel Gibson thinks jews are behind wars? Why not ask him why he thinks so instead of immediatley denouncing him? Because you respond in a conditioned maner.
I bet no one here know how many American soilders dies in WW2 but you all "know" 6 millions jews died. I bet you all think Hitler is the yard stick for evil but know nothing of Stalin killing 20 million Christians. Why? Communism is a jewish political science and we arent given the facts on your Hebrew ran press.

florian

When speaking of racism, people mostly get it as whites are racist vs blacks.
But personally I have seen it both ways. I think black people are way more racist than whites, and this is because of hatred (since the time of slavery) and inferiority some of them carry. Or it just may be their way of speaking out, part of black culture maybe. With this I definitely do not include all blacks.
But it sickenes me hearing them telling how smart they are, and how some of them can deceive or tease "dum" whites.
And for todays black society problems and troubles, you can always blame whites and slavery.

florian

I agree with 813 - bill. nobody talks about 20 million people killed by Stalin.
It depends on who owns the media and have more money, so they can spread the propaganda.
and I really never seen an oprah show, except for 15 seconds while shuffling TV channels.
You can hear that slur on the streets, why waste time watching that on screen.

florian

809 - how great of you !!!

your father might have known who you were and what he was reising.
good luck

Jessica

In order to be racist a person has to have an amount of power. Black people can be prejudice absolutely, but not racist because they have no power. Yes, Oprah is a powerful black woman but that is television. Those in charge of education, politics, the economy, and also religion are usually heterosexual white males. Those are the people with real power. And if anyone that is against affirimative action would actually take the time and read what it is trying to promote they wouldn't be as angry. It helps QUALIFIED minorities receive jobs, no some joe schmo off the streets with no education. And I don't believe white people are being hurt by affirmative action because when I look in government, major corporations and businesses I see white males in leading positions. And don't give me the BS that because they worked hard is why they got it. Meritocracy is a load of crap. The school systems in urban neighborhoods are a joke. If you want everyone to achieve the American Dream then at least give them a good start. And for the few black people such as Oprah, Jay-Z, or any other black entertainer that has achieved success be reminded that it was because of their own personal talents. None of them are doctors, lawyers, or teachers. The education they received are not as good as those in suburban neighborhoods.

UR ALLGUPPIES

Hmmm. Looks like Oprah won't be getting any Employer of the year awards from the equal employment opportunity commission. Perhaps someone should investigate her hiring practices.

Robert Sexton

Hey Oprah, are we racicist because a lot of us WHITE FOLK think O.J Simpson is guilty of MURDER?

Joni

As a mother I am constantly trying to make sure I do not say anything to or around my children that would make them feel that one of the races God has created is better than the other, because we are truely all created equal. But it is truely disheartening to hear people that are in the public eye such as Oprah display this type of racism. For some reason, which I do not understand, it is terrible and the front page news for anyone other than a "white" person to be insulted, but it is okay for anything to be said about a "white" person. I have spent my entire life trying to defend all races against any kind of racial disrespect. I have done everything I can to teach my children to be neutral and see everyone as a person and not a color. I am very tired of trying to sheild my children from remarks like this from the exact people that are always using the race card. It is not my fault or my children's fault that their ancestors were slaves. I would do anything I could to change the past, but I nor anyone else can. We all can however, stop trying to constantly made everyone feel terrible about there heritage that were not slaves. I grew up in a very poor family with an alcoholic father that beat my mother. Just because I am "white" doesn't mean I have had a wonderful, easy life. We make life what it is, regardless of our color! Let's respect everyone, not just the African-Americans, but all Americans.

Marie Graves

Oprah's good deeds speak for themselves. If that's self-centered or self-serving, everyone should be so self-centered and self-serving. A person like Oprah only comes along once in a lifetime and I will bet you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who hasn't benefitted from at least one of her shows. She genuinely cares and that's why she was chosen to lead the program at Yankee Stadium in the afterman of September 11th. No, she not perfect--far from it, but her good far outweighs her bad. This world needs more Oprahs (and Mother Theresas, and Princess Dianas, Bill Gates, Warren Buffets, Bonos--you get my drift). God bless Oprah. God bless them all. You'll miss her when that day comes that she's no longer on the air, but then, you'll still have Jerry Springer, Geraldo, and Maury Povich.

don

America will never resolve these issues with race as the human race wont get over our differences. All you silly PC yuppies are pie in the sky delusional dreamers. Send your kids to school where i went with your brloved so called minorites and youll be wishing it were leave it to beaver white again in your town.

yasmin

TMZ Staff huh? It's funny the title didn't represent the content. Because it's obvious that "lording" is exactly what she was NOT doing. Sorry for yuh? At any rate, I don't think the comment was meant to be racist at all. What Oprah was trying to point out is the drastic ways times have changed as well as the limited outlook Blacks had back in her mother's generation. Yes, back then that was all the AVERAGE poverty-level Black woman could look forward to was working in a White person's kitchen. Her point was not only did Oprah excel beyond that, but it's whites who work in HER kitchen and clean her house. that is a serious change of times and change of sceney. Furthermore, it's still not a common thing. Oprah's success is more than rare, and she is not measuring her success based on race, But I think it takes a pure IDIOT to not acknowledge that for many years race and opportunity and status were inherently intertwined. I also thinks it takes a liar, who would prefer to forget and not deal with those issues, to not acknowledge the metamorphosis those socio-economic phenomenons have undergone.

Mostly this attitude, comes from those like yourself, and commentors on here who are choosing to just as randomly pull teh race card.

this is hilarious at best.

Previous 15 Comments | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments