Owens: I Never Tried to Kill Myself

9/27/2006 5:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Terrell Owens says he did not attempt suicide and any notion he swallowed 35 pain pills is absurd.

Owens was taken to a hospital Tuesday night after his publicist, Kim Etheredge, called 911 and reported what she believed to be a suicide attempt. Etheredge, who also spoke at the news conference, says the police were wrong when they said she told them Owens was depressed.

Etheredge says she became alarmed when Owens seemed unresponsive, but insists it was not a suicide attempt.

Owens says he's ok now and wants to suit up and play in Sunday's game. Owens denies that he was feeling depressed and also thanked his friends and fans for their support.

Ida Clair

Those pills jumped in my mouth on their own! Really!

Iowa Girl

he's a publicity junkie, not pill junkie.

purrfect

I find it funny, Terell says he passed out on a table while a doctor was tending to his hand, his publicist says he passed out during dinner. I smell a cover up.

Fleet333

You go Boy! Play that game and bring Dallas back. God Bless You!

stoopit

Looks like a Publicist named Kim Etheridge could be out of a job soon.

Mark

Bull.. just another attempt at attention from this washed up guy. The media stopped listening to him whine, so now he's trying something else.. then again.. no one really cares

Aunt deb

I'm with you Kate. This story stinks. This always happens with stars. I guess that's why they pay their publicist the big money. To clean up the crap after they make a mess of things.

Waaah!

The boy who cried wolf! Wait until he REALLY tries it, then no one will care.

Annie

Being a huge Eagle's Fan I don't care much for TO but after hearing this I started to feel sorry for him. Now I'm thinking what a joke, it was probably a publicity stunt and so Im back to not liking him :P

Rhianna

if kim do lose her job...i'll take real good care of him.

Whatever

I hope they get him some help! Obviously the guy has problems!

Shani

terell was really crazy for doing that but why would ppl say he attempted suicide thats stupid come on ppl of the world dont say things unless you know that it is the truth pleazze

Bi-Polar Hippie

You know,..sh*t happens..... thing like that happen sometimes,...On many occaisions have I drank out of the clorox bottle instead of the glass of tea on accident. Okay,..I am kidding..... I am a TO supporter, yeah he's a drama mama, but hes a damn good player. The only thing that bothers me about him is how he addresses the cowboys as "this team" instead of "we/us".
And yeah he's got big money to throw if it is a cover up,..but in his defense, he's worked for it and backed up his playing skills.

Get'cha popcorn ready, cause its gonna be a show................(reminder, keep the mothballs and supplements in a seperate drawer)

Whatever

I hope he didn't try to kill himself! With Terry's hand and now this? Who will I throw to?

Whatever

The media loves to pick on T.O! He feeds right into it......................

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments