« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Terrell Owens Attempts Suicide

9/27/2006 11:09 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Terrell OwensDallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication Tuesday night, The Associated Press reports this morning, citing a police report.

According to the report, Owens even put two more pills into his mouth after fire rescue personnel arrived and also told rescue workers he was "depressed."

KTVT in Dallas reported that a woman named "Etheridge" -- most likely his publicist, Kim Etheridge -- called police at 7:51PM Tuesday night to report a suicide attempt. The station also reported that Owens took 35 pills.

Owens fractured a bone in his hand in a game on September 18 and had to have a plate screwed into his hand to help it heal properly.

The Cowboys have scheduled a news conference for this afternoon.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Waaah!

How awful! :(

Amanda

He is such a waste of oxygen..

Bo

This is a straight up lie and lowsy reporting. He had an allergic reaction to the pain killers after having surgery on his broken finger. Expect a lawsuit for this completely ridiculous report. I would recommend pulling this story asap in order to avoid turning into the National Enquirer. Come on TMZ, you guys are better than this made up bullcrap.

ha!

#2 be nice, every body has problems I hope he gets what ever help he needs....

h8er#1

I guess he got tired of everyone giving him sh*t for not wanting to practice! He really was hurt evidently! Then again, he's always been kind of a screwball!

Asa

"Publicity Stunt"!!!!

Caroline

#4, this is being reported by every major news outlet. Maybe if you read real news rather than just gossip columns, you would know that.

Courtney

I agree with you #4. The man does do some unexplainable things but suicide is a bit extreme.

Diego

This is being reported as a possible suicide attempt by CNN, ABC News, and other news organizations so it's not just TMZ, as #4 thinks. Having said that, this guy is so full of himself it is hard to imagine that he would try to kill himself. Clearly the guy is one of the biggest media whores in sports so it's very possible that this is just to keep his name in the news - i.e. a publicity stunt. Good call #5.

steph

um to #4....it isnt a lie...i dont think the NFL would put it on their website if it was bullsh*t......

Lisa

#4 I suggest you read the Associated Press. His publicist is the one that called and will be making a statement on his condition TODAY. Get a grrrrip.

I totally believe this story, not only because it is reported ALL OVER, but because he is a loose cannon, stuck on getting ATTENTION. I hope he gets help ASAP!

mlc31

paris will probably be pissed because she didn't think of this media grabbing idea first.

Tyler

I dislike the dude but I hope that he is okay and works things out some we can watch him play. . ."Mommy don't let your babies grow up 2 be CowBoys"

Dave

This is so NOT GOOD for my fantasy team...

What me selfish?

KingPinHead

Well, if T.O. did indeed overdose on pills intentionally, it doesn't surprise me too much. His displays of emotional volatility---particularly his repeated public grandstanding---shows an underlying insecurity---let's the face it, the guy is an attention whore...If this story actually is true, it is most likely this "suicide attempt" is an extreme plea to finally get a handle on his psyche and emotional instability. I wish him the best.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments