Kazakhstan Tries to Lure Borat

10/19/2006 2:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

BoratEver since Borat first began telling the world about his beautiful home country of Kazakhstan (a urine-drinking, jew-hating, inbred society), officials from the Kazakh tourism department have been pulling their hair out in frustration. They've already managed to shut down Borat's website, convinced most Kazakh movie theaters to ban the upcoming film and spent a ton of money in a desperate image-saving publicity campaign.

Now, after skewering the bumbling reporter in the media, the good folks from Kazakhstan are inviting Borat, aka Sacha Baron Cohen, to visit the country as an invited guest. Deputy foreign minister Rakhat Aliyev told a local Kazakhstan news agency that Borat could learn that "women drive cars, wine is made of grapes and jews are free to go to synagogues." While he doesn't agree with Borat's criticism of Kazakhstan, he believes that his fellow countrymen, "must have a sense of humor and respect the creative freedom of others."

This all sounds good, but maybe Borat should invest in a few large bodyguards before his official visit. Just in case.

Lou

No one cares about this whiney little Jew. He is not funny or talented. Stop posting SO MUCH about him.

sam

Funny guy Sasha. But you have to have a superior sense of humor to get him. Hehe I through I'd add that for anyone that wants to post here whining how "I don't like him" or "he's not funny", you're just too slow to get his humor so we forgive you for being stupid before you even post. "We" meaning those of us that are superior to you.

sam

Lou is a Nazi spread it around.

WE love this guy please continue to post and post often when you have updates.

Beaver

Deleted scene from the Borat movie. Mel Gibson would love this scene.

Missy

I think I love you deal. Thank you for your post. =)

Jonboysf

I've been to Kazakhstan and oddly it's one of the nicer and wealthier countries of the former USSR. The architecture is great, there were color TVs in the hotel rooms (compared to Moscow with no TVs) and plenty to do and see. But come on people, you think this guy is really going to hurt Kazakh tourism with his comedy? Lighten up Kazakhstan! Sheesh...

Mimi

Borat is frickin hilarious, and Khazakstan sounds like an ass backwards pit because they aren't taking all the attention as free publicity. Make a joke of it in adverts - "We don't drink urine, but we make great beer" or "Khazakstan: Free from Terrorists since 2002" or the like.

We, are not amused.

Once again, there is no such country as Kazakhstan. It's all made up for his movie. But, if I were Borat I sure as hell wouldn't go there on no visit, lest they decide to make his ass into a bar of soap and sell (it) to the Nazi's!

moretocome

Have you checked out his fiancé? Isla Fisher is her name and she’s smoking hot. Funny guys get the hot girls.

WGN

Yo, Deal.

If people don't like Borat or don't think he's funny, there's not a damn thing you can do to stop them from voicing thier opinions. I get his humor all right, and I think it's a bit uncalled for, especially the timing. We're still in the middle of the "War on Terror" (And we may never be finished).

Just because you find him funny doesn't mean you're "superior" to me or anyone else who doesn't like him, so you'd best get that philosophy out of your head right now.

Sammy Davis, Jr.

If he wanted to "hunt" for hookers in the USA, he would need to go next door to the military bases.

We, are not amused.

#9
There is no "war on terror" there is a war on a**holes, and you're the biggest loser (thought you'd like to know)

Education: don't leave home without it

White Girl: I generally enjoy reading your quirky comments... I'm however becoming very concerned about your intellectual well-being on this one thing and it hurts me so when I see your ignorance showing...please click on the following links to be enlightened...there are many to choose from...

done? now go get 'em girl!

sam

WGN

I'm really sorry that so many of us have a superior sense of humor compared to you. Please do not get mad. We all feel very sorry for you so you've gotten the pity you were looking for.

So as long as we have the "War on Terror" we can not laugh or find anything funny? See this is why you are humor impaired and we are superior to you, humor wise. Deal!

ChrisM

>>Whitegirl, I take it you're joking? Just checking - I live in Kazakhstan now...
Re. the Borat film (Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan), BBC World have just broadcast a news report on the film's premiere in London. Check out http://www.chrismerriman.com/index.php/archives/209 for a video clip of it...