Elisabeth

Swears Love for Rosie on 'The View'

10/23/2006 12:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Elisabeth Hasselbeck beat back rumors of her hatred for Rosie O'Donnell and of her imminent departure from "The View" with the raised palm of her hand -- a hand she used to swear, in front of Judge Glenda Hatchett, the guest host, that she "absolutely adored" Rosie and that she wasn't going anywhere.

Rosie told the ladies that she'd been cruising the Internet and that rumors were swirling there that Elisabeth hated her and was about to leave the show. Young Hasselbeck, wearing a suit jacket not seen since a Grosse Pointe holiday party in 1979, vowed her love for Rosie with one hand on her "View" mug and another in the air.

But Joy Behar made sure the love-fest didn't descend into fake Star Jones-era mushery "like the last movie we had on this show," and ordered Elisabeth to stop her gushing. "Don't say that," snapped Joy. "You might hate her next week."

White Girl

I am amazed to discover that their are numerous people who watch this show: What, no cartoons on at that time?

Allred Tree

Elizabeth had better watch out that JOY BEHAR DOESN'T POKE HER EYE OUT. Notice how Joy is always twitching and fidgeting with her hands and then waving her finger in front of Elizabeth's face when she blurts out one of her (Joy's) inane remarks. I don't know how Elizabeth can stand either one of them and I hope for her sake that Joy doesn't have some horrible disease like Parkinson's or Huntington's Chorea!

Jane Stewart

Although I was a big Rosie Fan when she had her own show her arrogent attitude on so many subjects soon changed my opinion of her. However, I really think the other "View" host's Are just a bunch of catty women that only chose her to replace Starr Jones because Starr lost all that weight and they needed another plus sized woman to take her place in order for them to look better. Shame on you ladies I really am surprised at you.

Phyllis Clakley

I personally think Elisabeth completes the show. She is beautiful, intelligent, and doesn't get as much time to express her view as I would like for her too. I like all the ladies including Rosie. I feel everyone enjoys the days that Barbara is absent. Keep up the good work ladies.

stephen s

ElizaBITCH is a gash! It kills me that she has any kind of platform for her uninformed, narrow, rich-white-girl in America, I got mine... bad-itude!!!
Go away! and take Paris Hilton with you! :)

Sandra

Anyone who makes fun of The VIew's hosts(co-hosts) are either jealous and/or have nothing better to do.There will always be days where Elizabeth will be all dramatic, Rosie/Joy will make us laugh, & Babawa miss her "r" s...that's what makes the Show Unique and worth to watch. I personally LOVE the show now that Star is gone and Rosie took over. Rosie is an inspirational person and if anyone thinks otherwise, they should NOT watch the show.
//cheers

frannie

SHE IS LYING. I SAW THE FIRST ROSIE SHOW AND WHEN SHE CAME OUT ELIZABETH HAD THIS PUSS ON HER FACE. IF LOOKS COULD KILL ROSIE WOULD BE DEAD.

george vieto

I would rather listen to Sylvia Pinal give a speech about parental rights than to watch Rosie the Robot talk psychobabble.

Samantha

This show will make thtrough this season and then it will be done..It's the Rosie show...when Barbara is there it is to mediate...Elizabeth is bright and not over bearing like Rosie...come on, free give aways, Broadway,confetti..why not call it what it is...The View starring ROSIE.....Elizabeth has been forced to shutup and offer little opinion, no one can over talk Rosie..unless Barbara shuts her UP!

JaimieHope

I think Rosie has gotten too "Hollywood" for her own good or anyone elses for that matter. I used to be a huge fan of hers. I was disappointed in her however when she did not respond to my request to endorse a children's book I have written embracing differences. My character is disabled. I have always thought of Rosie as someone who embraces differences in people and tries to promote tolerance. Apparently this is only for the gay and lesbian groups. You expect everyone to treat you like a queen and bow down to you when something off color is said about you or your causes yet when other worthwhile causes pop up you turn a blind eye. It doesn't work that way. As for Elizabeth, grow a backbone babe and get in there fighting.

Angela

God I can't stand her! I'm conservative too, but she makes me sick. She reminds me more and more of Star Jones every day.

Kari B

Since Rosie has joined the girls, I watch every day either live or on Tivo. She has brought a spark to the group no one else could do. This is why the ratings have skyrocketed. As far as Elisabeth, I can take her or leave her, but she is certainly outnumbered on the show politically & I am happy about that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2