"Law & Order" Takes on Mel

10/26/2006 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chevy Chase: Click to watchMel Gibson's infamous drunken tirade will be re-enacted on primetime -- by Chevy Chase.

In next week's episode of "Law & Order", the comedian plays a TV actor who is pulled over for drunk driving, and just like Mel, the character's anti-Semitic side is exposed after his arrest.

"I'm obviously somewhat ripped from the headlines. My character is clearly a bigot against the Jewish community" says Chase, "I've never said 'Jew' so much in my life, 'Jew cop,' 'Jew' this, 'Jew' that. That's the way it's come out, it's clearly related somewhat to the headlines."

The tirade is clearly inspired by Gibson's anti-Semitic rant during his DUI arrest in August, when he spouted off comments like, "the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

This, of course, isn't the first time the show has skewered a celeb -- this season's premiere featured a "young pop princess who has a reputation for being careless with her baby." Sound familiar?

Rocio

Somewhat? Lmao.

SICK IGNORANCE

I'm sick of hearing about this whole thing

sue

SO WHAT! PEOPLE SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT MUSLIMS...CHRISTIANS...JEWS EVERY FLIPPEN DAY....HE GOT DRUNK AND GOT CAUGHT WHO CARESSSSSSS! BARBARA STRIESAND IS TALKIN SH*T ABOUT GEORGE BUSH.....SO WHATTTTTTTT! STFU

josh cagan

Actually, they just started filming today. The episode airs Nov. 3.

How do you think they handled the other thing Gibson said? "Sucrose Boobs?" "Splenda Puppies?"

Sillyme

The more you ostrize and critize Mel, the more he becomes the underdog, and they the taunters, cruel in not forgiving and helping him.. Unwise move here

maya

I really think Jews ought to let this go, they're overplaying the persecution card and people are getting tired of the whining.
Mel got drunk, he spoke out of line, he apologized, THE END!

JustGettingBy

Wow, that is a pretty quick turn around on this story. It makes you wonder if that show just writes its episodes month by month and not months in advance like most shows. I suppose with the "ripped from the headlines" gimmick then the writers kind of have to go about it that way.

Lisa

DECEMBER 8, 2006 APOCALYPTO!!!!!!

I would add a link to the website but TMZ will just delete it. You will have to go there the hard way by typing in the web address.

Other than that I will not even argue the point about Mel Gibson, everyone on here already knows how I feel.

A Devoted Mel Fan

Lisa

The link showed up! Let's see how long it last.

ADMF

L.S

I will watch i think Mel is a total a**hole....

GOAWAY

I don't get all the hoopla. Mel got drunk and said something stupid, who hasn't? My favorite part is that they dug up Chevy Chase (who is one of the world's biggest a**holes) to play the part!

maya

Actually, Mel said SUGARTITS. Coming from Mel, I'd take that as a compliment even if he says it while drunk.

But suppose Mel really doesn't like Jews - since when is that a crime???He is entitled to his views. Americans can speak their mind, we're not yet a police state,right?

Let it go already!

There are plenty of nations around the world who do not like Jews - to wit, the neighboring nations of the state of Israel.
Where would their little country be without American help? If I were Jewish I sure as hell wouldn't mess around with America's good will toward Jews.

Stop crucifying Mel!

Singling out this popular actor for a few stupid remarks he made while drunk is not a good thing. We all know that drunks can get very offensive, get over it.

Even those of us who are generally sympathic toward Jews are getting tired of hearing it.

South Florida

Chevy Chase must be desparate for work..........

Mel Gibson is so very gifted......I wish him all the best.
He has a problem hes getting help for, I applaud that.

TOO BAD, we can't get help for the soberminded [supposedly]
people that continue to spread their hatred.

sylvia

GeeeEEzee you guys act like you've never said something when you were drunk that you regret....lmao i think its hillarious that chase is doing that lol i'm definatley gonna watch it and i think mel's gonna watch it and laugh....

I Am The Real Bella

Man is L&O hard up for story lines or what? Why the hell are they paying creators and story writers or whatever if they are pulling episodes like this from the sensationalist headlines, the country's over exposed media and whatever else that is over exploited on a daily basis? Crap they might as well fire all the writers and just pull the crap off of TMZ and all the other crap on the net.. LMFAO

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments