Bob Barker -- The Price Is No Longer Right

10/31/2006 6:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bob Barker is hanging up the mic on "The Price Is Right."

The 82-year-old host of the show that has endured for an unbelievable 35 years says his last broadcast will be next June.

Barker has been on TV for half a century, beginning his career in 1956 by hosting "Truth or Consequences." Barker asked the first "Price" contestant to come on down back in 1972.

Our favorite Barker moment came when Evan, our coordinating producer at TMZ, won a car on the show and proceeded to do the "bull dance" on stage with Bob a few years ago. Unfortunately, he lost the showcase showdown.

Susie Bush

I liked Richard Dawson better for Family Feud lol

Wicked

You can Katie...and...

it's Richard Dawson...not Ray Dauson

Good Friend to The Price is Right

Having worked directly with Mr. Barker and The Price is Right, I can tell anyone who reads this, that Mr. Barker is of the utmost of professionals, on and off camera. His character can best explained by his loyal following of millions, hundreds of which I have spoken to directly. He has brought an hour of happiness daily to America for 35 years, and given thousands of people the best day of their lives. Any success that I may have personally, I will owe to Mr. Barker, because it is he who gave me the inspiration to do what I do.

Thank you for all that you have done for me.

Susie Bush

maybe she ment Ray Combs? lol

U Know Who

Yeah you sure miss old , "Ray Dausen".

Is that anyone like "Gene Dawson"?

EL-Phantasmo

Susie Bush

Dude, everyone back off her, she made a mistake, calm down, it's not like it's the end of the universe o.O

L.S

That old perv should of left years ago after the first of many sexual harassment charges...he's gross

Susie Bush

#21 it's obvious that they wern't real because after that noone said anything

Oscar Dahl, BuddyTV

You've got to be impressed by someone who can still be a competent host at the age of 82. It's almost unprecedented. Who else has done anything like it?

Susie Bush

Very true Oscar

Susie Bush

Why may I ask do you keep posting that? o.O

Lenn K

Bob Barker is a landmark, It would be easy to take a shot at him, but I think I'll just say good luck and good night. Ps. You did get to nail one of Barker's Beauties.

Laura

NOOOOOOOOOOO The Day Bob leaves I have nothing to look forward to waking up to anymore. I kind of want to cry.

TMZ_User

Bless him Bob is an instution an america icon he will be missed. I really hope the reaper doesn't take him before he retires. but really can anybody fill his shoes? Bob you rock hope you can enjoy your upcoming retirement

Dimples

#15. His name was Richard Dawson, not Ray.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments