Doogie:

The Doctor is Out!

11/4/2006 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DoogieConfronting rumors that have been swirling for weeks, Neil Patrick Harris -- aka Doogie Howser, MD -- says he's gay, in an interview with People magazine. Rumors about Harris' sexuality have been circulating with some frequency (and especially stridently on PerezHilton.com), and he -- like 'N' Sync-er Lance Bass -- thought it was time to address them.

"Rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," he says. Harris has kept a relatively low profile over the years. "The public eye has always been kind to me, and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life," he admits. "Now it seems there is ... interest in my private life and relationships."

Oh, Really? Sir Paul Wants "Dignified" Divorce

In his first interview since he and estranged wife Heather Mills announced their intention to divorce in May, Paul McCartney says he hopes a "certain dignity" will be maintained throughout the divorce. "I don't hold grudges against anyone. I don't blame anyone for the sadnesses that have happened to me," he tells BBC radio. "Even through difficult moments, I like to try and look to the other side and think there'll come a time when I'll feel better." The former Beatles' lawyer said last month that the musician was ready to defend himself in court against recent accusations that he abused Mills.

Russell Crows About Injustice

Russell Crowe thinks Americans are overreacting to his phone-throwing tantrum at a New York hotel last year. He calls the assault charge stemming from the incident a misuse of the legal system, according to People. "Where I come from, a confrontation like that, as basic and simple as that, would have been satisfied with a handshake and an apology," he says. He says he regrets the incident and blames it on his notoriously bad temper, which he tells "60 Minutes" on Sunday is a hereditary thing -- and not necessarily a bad thing, because, according to Crowe, it'll catch up with you one day on the street, "and you'll pop."

Party Favors: Double O Diddy?...Chelsea Clinton Climbs The Corporate Ladder...York Duchess Launches New Jewelry Line

Sean "Diddy" Combs wants to be the first black James Bond. During the MTV Europe Awards (where he's pictured, left, with current Bond Daniel Craig), the rapper proclaimed that "one day the time will come for a black Bond, and hopefully I can audition for it. It's a dream of mine to play a great role like that."... Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton has accepted a job with New York-based hedge fund Avenue Capitol Group ... Britain's Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, launched her first jewelry collection featuring Moissanite rings, necklaces and earrings. A portion of the money will be donated to her foundation, which benefits poor chilcren around the world.

Black Sheep

Congratulations Neil! All the best to you!

jan

Diddy as Bond...I don't think so....better he invent an action figure rather than take on an icon....

jan

Laury

I didn't really believe he was gay, I just thought Perez Hilton wanted him to be (the way he'd been harassing Neil to come out of the closet was plain ridiculous). Well, congratulations, Perez, you got your wish. One more gay man to fantasize about. Now you can go running around pointing fingers at everyone saying : "Told you so! Take that, you idiots!!"

Oh well. I still wish Neil the best, he seems like a good guy.

Wicked

FAMOUS GUY...you are one dumb ass.

PerezSux

I certainly hope you're not applauding the fact that the sickeningly slimey Perez Hilton "outed" him. I'm glad Neil is a well adjusted, contented gay professional ...something that Perez most definitely IS NOT. Please do not continue to promote those tactics...payback is a bitch.

she hates U.S!

I agree with you Laury, Perez feels this need to MAKE people come out. Let them be! I don't care if he is gay, why does Perez have to make it such a big deal? Maybe he is making sure he can live vicariously though ATTRACTIVE gay men? I am so sick of looking at pictures of that slimy, fat, pasty Perez! I am quickly losing interest in what used to be a fun, and funny place to get reliable(?) gossip. Now, all he wants to do is point to someone, then tell the rest of us "you heard it here first"! He's banned me from commenting on his site, I have no idea why, this is the worst I have ever even said about him!

ma'nasty

P(ee hole) diddy is no way close a suave a Bond. that arrogant a$$hole needs to quit flaunting his wealth like he's better than God. Peeholes like him will end up in the gutter where they belong. f..king bastard

Wicked

#10 I so totally agree with everything you posted. I can't wait for the big fall of Piss Diddy...he is an arrogant pig.

MommaT

Yea for Neil.
Can't SOMEBODY get famouguy off this site????
Come on TMZ do your f'n job.
Annoying as f'n hell.
Tired of seeing this f'n site on all the posts and reading of the VIRUS's that it has.

kathleen

Doogie, Neil Patrick Harris, is a CLASS act! And, it looks like he stars in another great TV show right now--KUDOS to him!

Get over it

James Bond is white. Diddy is black. You can't change Bond to a black man, it just doesn't work.

Smart,Handsome and well endowed

Neil Patrick Harris is very funny on that show and this whole sad affair just points up how diffcult it must be to walk around with such a secret. Good luck with the rest of your career!

If Russell Crowe believes that its okay to assult some working
guy then he maybe should have stayed "down under." Throw a phone at me and I'll be glad to shake your hand, after we settle, or I win!

Poor Paul McCartney, you're gonna get your ass kicked by a one legged woman! You should have listen to your family and friends not every woman out there is the second coming of Linda McCartney.

And "Diddy" as the next Bond...no. Not because he's Black but because he's not "cool" enough. ANyone out there READ any of the Bond books written by Ian Flemming? Guess not, but Bond was the "cool" in the fifties and early sixties, now...not so much. And he got more p***y than a toilet seat in a all girls catholic high school gym!

Chelsea Clinton has turned out to be a smokin' piece of ass!

I hate when TMZ puts a bunch of really commentable stories together than goes and seperately list a story about a stupid song parody. I guess if your paying to have yourself promoted on this site you get the "Star" treatment.

SP

Another actor that we pretty much knew was gay comes out to the public. OK OK give us a break, I am waiting for the straight stars to start comming forward. I am sure they are out there. And Diddy is a has been, If they really want to kill the Bond charactor then by all means make him the next one.

lea

I'm suprised it's even questioned. I thought Doogie being gay was common knowledge.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments