Angelina Flies Under the Radar (Relatively)

11/6/2006 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Compared to Jennifer Aniston's battle-worthy phalanx of cops at LAX last week, Angelina Jolie arrived at the airport in Pune, India needing hardly any entourage, escorting son Maddox through the corridors and out to a waiting SUV. Jolie is back in town to continue shooting on the film "A MIghty Heart," the story of slain Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl and his wife Mariane.

You may think that Pune is just a little village compared to the vast metropolis that is Los Angeles, thereby explaining the lower-key scene at the airport. But -- and let this be your nugget of knowledge for the day -- Pune is actually a major metropolis of 4.5 million people, the eighth largest city in India. Metropolitan L.A., on the other hand, has 4 million residents.

BahamaBlu

I like Angelina. Yes she is a little goth and odd sometimes with her choice in painting purchases, but Jennifer Aniston is WAY ovverated. Jen never won an oscar or Golden Globe I believe. I thought Angelina was amazing in Girl Interrupted and Tomb Raider [[she's a certified blackbelt from the role I think]]. Angelina is a high cool factor [Pilot license, travels to third world countries]. Jennifer however...I find her to be a bit bland and homely looking...

showers of Blessings

Jennifer Aniston knows exactly what she wants. She wants fame, money, and a movie career. Yes, she did talk about wanting a baby. I believe her. But having a baby is NEVER her 1st priority. I remember seeing her talking about (in similar words) "the next thing is Oscar" on the stage in one of her award ceremony. One of the major reasons for the failure of the marriage is the delay of starting a family. Brad has talked about wanting a family , not once, but many many times.

I also believe that the last 6 months of 2003 is their trial separation (although they did not announce it officially). We all know Jen was taping Friends while simultaneouly making the movie "Along came Polly" . To me, this is a really hectic schedule. As to Brad, that same year he spent 6 months outside of the country filming Troy. It looked like they purposely planned to stay away from each other.

Now, Jennifer has achieved what she wanted, (though not all). She got fame and money. As for her movie, time will tell. I personally dont think she will achieve the way she wants it to be. To me, in silver screen, you need to have a commanding presence. Jennifer Aniston just doesnt have that. I personally prefer seeing movies with Kate Hudson, Reese, Cameron Diaz, and Julia Roberts.

All her media appearances (Diane Sawyer, Oprah, Access Hollywood) of saying "a baby is on the way" is just a way to save her image. The fact that she was still smoking indicates she has NO intention of opening her womb. This is what baffles me. Why Not Tell The Truth or dont even bring up the subject? Even when the subject is brought up, she can just deflect it. She did it successfully on her relationship with Vince. But by repeatedly going to the media and lied about it make me question her character. . Her recent appearance at Oprah and saying that she and Vince are still on makes me cast doubt about anything she said

showers of Blessings

Jennifer Aniston spent way too much time in worrying about what she looks, how to appear in the public eyes.

We kept seeing her running to media saying things that have no substance. Who cares about whether you have a home grown boob or whether you bought your boob.

She should learn from Nicole Kidman. She never bad moutthed anybody after her divorce. She channelled her time into movie making. Look, she got Oscar.

What she is doing is actually backfiring on her, in my opinion.

jfp

I still don't know much about her crappy movies. Somebody tried to toss around her oscar......well Marisa Tomei won an oscar for My Cousin Vinny. Marisa is hot BUT .... My cousin vinny??? Ya got to be kidding!!!!! Marisa got an award for being Marisa...pure and simple.

someone

She wasn't too far under the radar, she still managed to get her pic taken...

carolynlee

iI find JA very shallow and somewhat transparent . In any iinterview she has been on she has yet to say anything memorable . Her acting looks like she is doing friends all the time . I doubt that she will ever get an oscar . She might appear iin good movies because her agent will get her into those movies with very good actors who will help her to look good . But the movie industry is not fooled by this . And that over the top attempt to look like a much sought after actress at the airport needing 8 or more police escorting her was pathetic .

Shante

This is Angelina's filmography. What does Jennifer's look like?

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) .... Jane Smith
Alexander (2004) .... Olympias
... aka Alexandre (France)
The Fever (2004) .... Revolutionary
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004) .... Franky
Shark Tale (2004) (voice) .... Lola
Taking Lives (2004) .... Illeana
Beyond Borders (2003) .... Sarah Jordan
... aka Jenseits aller Grenzen (Germany)
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003) .... Lara Croft
... aka Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Die Wiege des Lebens (Germany)
Life or Something Like It (2002) .... Lanie Kerrigan
Original Sin (2001) .... Julia Russell/Bonnie Castle
... aka Péché originel (France)
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) .... Lara Croft
... aka Tomb Raider (USA: short title)
Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000) .... Sara 'Sway' Wayland

Girl, Interrupted (1999) .... Lisa Rowe
... aka Durchgeknallt (Germany)
... aka Durchgeknallt - Girl, interrupted (Germany: TV title)
The Bone Collector (1999) .... Amelia Donaghy
Pushing Tin (1999) .... Mary Bell
... aka Turbulenzen - und andere Katastrophen (Germany)
Playing by Heart (1998) .... Joan
Hell's Kitchen (1998) .... Gloria McNeary
... aka Hell's Kitchen N.Y.C. (USA)
Gia (1998) (TV) .... Gia Marie Carangi
Playing God (1997) .... Claire
... aka Playing Hero
George Wallace (1997) (TV) .... Cornelia Wallace
True Women (1997) (TV) .... Georgia Virginia Lawshe Woods
Foxfire (1996) .... Margret 'Legs' Sadovsky
Love Is All There Is (1996) .... Gina Malacici
Mojave Moon (1996) .... Eleanor 'Elie' Rigby
Hackers (1995) .... Kate Libby/'Acid Burn'
Without Evidence (1995) .... Jodie Swearingen
Alice & Viril (1993) .... Alice
Angela & Viril (1993) .... Angela
Cyborg 2 (1993) .... Casella 'Cash' Reese

Lookin' to Get Out (1982) .... Tosh

Get Rid of Hollywoods Crack Whores NOW

Angelina Jolie is rocking. So what if she is playing a bi-racial woman? I saw the picture of her in character and she looked great. Also if she is friends with the widow and the widow gave the blessing why should anyone else make a big deal about it? As far as Jennifer Aniston is concerned, she is a terrible actress and basically is the same annoying neurotic character in every role. I cant see why people spend money to watch her act when you can catch friends reruns on TBS everyday.

sue

100 nics is at it again....Shit fire girl........ india has provided Mrs Jolie with extentensive security due to death threats from Al-Qaeda! British security experts were also flown into pune earlier this week. Who's going to risk getting an ass whoopin from her goons! Shit they won't let anyone near them!

US/STAR Lies

April,
JA was never to star in AMH. That crap and any Oscar talk was made up by the tabloids. Do some research, JA herself said at the time Plan B bought the rights to produce the movie that she would not be in the movie. MPearl said she sold the rights to produce to Plan B because only Brad(not JA) had read the book. MPearl and Daniel Pearl's parents have made statements supporting Angelina. That's the truth. Plan B belongs to Brad and he can cast anyone he wants to in his productions.

Marriages survive because the two people in the marriage want it to survive. No outside person breaks up a marriage. If a marriage fails, 50/50 of the blame falls on each partner, not on just one. JA irritates me greatly with her pity parties and appearances. She is lucky, almost all the divorced women I know are too busy supporting themselves and their kids to have pity parties. They get on with their lives. They accept that for whatever reason their marriage did not work, they do not whine.

BRANGELINA IS THE BOMB!! LOVE HER FOREVER!!

Listen up leaveheralone! You are a fricken ANNOYING little twit! You really need to grow up, and accept the truth about this sorry a** b****! Oh! and stop acting like a little 2 year old, when ever you have to read other people give their comments; whether good or bad, we all have the right to say what we want. So if you can't take it, then go crawl into some corner or something, and make yourself scarce. Remember, this total loser, the MANNISTER IS SOON TO BE HISTORY, AND BIG TIME! I SAID IT HERE FIRST!!

Mad Balls

Angelia is Our Mother Theresa , She could be our american saint . Jennifer has eyes on an Oscar , She could be our next overinflated actor . Agelina deliverys in her roles . jenifer is in duds .
We need to keep Angelina protected cause our world will suffer without her . Jennifer goes and it 'll be 8.50 you saving not going to her crappy movies .

Kathryn Minor

If Angelina only knew how to address people with disabilites correctly then I would take her actions more sersiouly. Yes it cannot be denied that she does great work, but she needs needs to consider or become educated on how to address people correctly. I thought this comment was very rude and disrecpectful.

Angelia Jolie: "Disabiled people"

Correct and Thoughtful: "People with disabilites".

Elementry/Special Education Teacher
Indiana
Kathryn Minor

Philly Girl

#43..you're exactly the kind of crazy I'm talking about..thinking Angelina's role as being much better than it really is..she's overglorified..she is not a samaritan and you reaaaaally need to choose your words carefully, because to even compare her and Mother Theresa is highly offensive.. You're obviously an overly obessesed fan that overly hyphes her..

And I love how you guys think you're sooo smart---does JA typically go through airports like that? NO! I mean there are always reasons people might need security..especially such highly known celebrities.. I don't know what her situation was but I know its unusual of her to have had security like that so I wouldn't write it off completely... now who really knew Hilary Duff was being threatened and stalked to the extent that 18-year old immigrant was doing to her? I'm just saying..don't think you always know every last detail.

Trinity

If Oscars don't mean anything then why does J Aniston want one so very, very badly?

To the Indiana school teacher...Woman, please is THAT all you've got? I live in Indiana lady and my ears have not stopped bleeding from listening to these people talk since I moved here. Yet the way Angelina speaks offends you?

I hardly think Jennifer is over Brad as she has not managed to get over and move on from whatever her mother allegedly did to her 10 years ago. The drama between Angelina and her father has been recently played out on television for all the world to see thanks to her father.

Brad and Angelina were "shady" about their relationship. I suppose they should have put out a sex tape documenting their first time in the sack together. They should be ashamed for not putting on a media show like Jennifer and Vince. Hearing about those two and their on/off ...real/unreal...engaged/not engaged madness every day for months has been a special treat for all. Nothing shady about any of that.

So Angelina and Brad can make it through airports without being mobbed yet Jen the SUPERSTAR can not. We all know Jen's star far outshines those two even when they are together. Nothing shady there.

Where oh where is the truth in all these stories? Who can say? But here's a truth....given a choice to meet Jennifer Aniston in person or having acid thrown in my face...I'd take the acid. At least that way I' d only have to listen to my own whining and crying.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments