"Lost" Diary: I Do

11/9/2006 2:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Welcome back to another edition of the "Lost" Diary. Tonight is the final episode of 2006 and everyone has their "this better be good" face on tonight. Thirteen weeks is a long time between episodes!

Wednesday night also happened to be the same night as TMZ's one-year anniversary party, so I am writing this slightly hungover on Thursday morning, and I didn't watch it with my usual posse. And that kinda sucks. If the "Lost" Diary is about anything, it's about watching this show with your peeps. "Lost" isn't my favorite show, but it's my favorite show to watch. I hope some of you out there have started your own "Lost" night with your friends. Good times.

Enough with the sentimental BS, on with the show!!!

10:00 -- Kate flashback time, and I can't say I'm excited that it's her turn tonight. So she was going to marry a cop, huh? Odds he survives the episode? -- I'm at 50/50 right from the get-go.

10:02 -- Henry Gale flashed Jack the weirdest little half-smile I have seen from him -- a sign of worry, almost.

10:03 -- "I didn't say I was going to do it; I just wanted you to understand how you're going to die." -- Jack. His brain is fried. Would you want him operating on your spine at this point?

10:04 -- "At least you won't have to be disappointed for very long." -- Jack. One word: Ha!

10:08 -- Two things about the Kate/Monica flashback; first, the cop looks like Jason Bateman. Second, when Kate said she had to hold her breath to get into her dress, I'm guessing that every woman watching the show threw something at the screen and muttered something like, "Yeah right! What is she, a size two?"

10:10 -- A moment of silence for Eko. "What happened to him?" chimes in the new girl. For the love of the hatch, please make her shut up!!!

10:11 -- "I believe Eko died for a reason." -- Locke. Me too, my man. Me too.

10:12 -- Did Alex just attempt to break out Kate and Sawyer with a slingshot? Who is she, Dennis the Menace? And when Alex yelled out, "They're gonna kill your boyfriend," to whom was she referring?

10:16 -- Juliet vs Kate, the tale of the tape. I'll give Kate the hotness victory, but Juliet is far more conniving -- which I kinda dig -- and that's saying something. If it came down to a one-on-one fight, I think Juliet would find a way to pull it out. Not that I am suggesting some kind of wrestling match. Do they even have hot oil on the island? I'm just distracted now. So, they're gonna kill Sawyer...

10:18 -- Someone interesting better be at this wedding, otherwise, I do not get these flashbacks at all. Did she just marry Henry Gale's kid or something? It better be good.

10:20 -- "I'll give you some privacy." -- Juliet. No you won't. Stop lying.

10:21 -- Jack and Kate reunited. If Henry Gale's goal was to make Jack want to save his life, he's done the EXACT OPPOSITE. Jack would kill Henry if he had the chance. The way things are moving here, I have a minor prediction (which will, of course, be wrong): the episode ends with Jack saying something like "Scalpel" as he begins the operation.

10:28 -- Kate's calling the Marshall who is chasing her. It's all very "Out of Sight." And boring.

10:30 -- Not that I think they're going to kill Sawyer, but if they did, would every woman stop watching? Just asking.

10:31 -- "Lift up your eyes and look north." -- Eko's stick. Mildly cryptic.

10:32 -- "Because I wanted you to believe we had a damn chance." -- Sawyer. The Others succeeded in breaking these two, that's for sure.

10:34 -- Time for a little cage lovin'. Sweaty, dirty cage lovin'. Sorry, I'll be quiet.

10:40 -- Two tickets to Costa Rica, huh? Something tells me Kate/Monica isn't too keen on leaving the country. Seriously, the payoff on these flashbacks better be good.

10:42 -- Sawyer is a cuddler -- would not have guessed that. "I love you, too." -- Sawyer. The collective "awwwwwwww" from every woman in America must have been deafening.

10:44 -- Who let Jack out of his cage?

10:45 -- "Tomorrow." -- Jack. Dr. Shephard is gonna operate, y'all.

10:50 -- Kate's never actually seen Henry Gale, has she? (Ed.'s note: Of course she has, the damn breakfast on the beach! I am an idiot).

10:51 -- Kate/Monica confession time. Giving back the locket was a nice touch.

10:53 -- I haven't been this excited for a spinal surgery in an underground bunker on a hidden island in the middle of nowhere in my entire life. Ever.

10:54 -- "Whatever happens, everything will very different, won't it?" -- Henry Gale. If he dies, so help me ABC, you will feel my wrath. Wait, they took Alex "home last night" -- what does that mean? Why is he asking about her? Did Henry Gale and Rousseau get it on? Oh, and I was almost right about the scalpel thing. Damn. Half credit at least, right?

10:55 -- "Shephard wasn't even on Jacob's list." -- Pickett. Am I blanking here? Who is Jacob?

10:56 -- Jack is making his play. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

10:57 -- Is Kate playing Sawyer and Jack on behalf of the Others? It's all just a little too convenient. I don't know, maybe I am talking out of my backside here. I have had people tell me they think Kate is an Other and I don't buy it for a second, but now, I don't know.

10:59 -- "Kate damn it, run!" -- Jack.

Time to figure out what we learned here...

Kate doesn't like running... Um, I'm blanking here... Wow, this isn't good... Think McFly... Damn!!!!

These six episodes of "Lost" have been like a lapdance (or so I've heard). I have paid (with time, not dollars) for the privilege of being teased. Instead of lasting one song (unless I have a coupon, or it's a Tuesday afternoon -- wait Mom, don't read that) this teasing has lasted for six weeks. And much like a lapdance, there has been no real payoff.

Look, "Lost" can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that would make me stop watching. If the entire show were acted out with puppets, I'd watch. Actually, that would be awesome.

Anyway, I've invested over two years of my life into this show, and like it or not, I am seeing this thing through to the end. I give tonight's episode a D -- horrible flashback, no payoff on anything... nothing happened. Luckily, I got drunk last night, so there's always that.

Question of the week: "Lost" returns in February... will you be back? You know my answer. See you in 13 weeks!

cynthia

Dude, whoever wrote this article is hilarious!Kudos!
I totally agree, I hate and love this show at the same time and can't wait for January/Feburary!!!!

Sarah

oh lordy sawyer must stay, that man is SEXY!! i love lost i cant wait for it to come back on! oh and thanks for refreshing my memory on the french chick and that whole sickness taking over them oh you know what be cool if they kinda flashed back on? you know just to give us some kinda insight, cause i think the chick at the end of last season was desmons ex. right? when they show her waking up because some army guy calls her and says "i think we found it" i would like to see whats up w/ that

pelon1

i just watched it on abc.com and i loved it, kate and sawyer are so cute together poor jack but i think something will happen between him and juliet

Sarah

Kate has seen Henry Gale.

Aimee

This was a terrific episode, in typically frustrating Lost fashion! We got a lot of answers, but a whole set of new questions. I'll be back :). I think the producers may have overhyped the cliffhanger aspect, but without that, this one was a great show for Lost fans, despite the elevated expectations. We know Carl is Alex's boyfriend and the evil Others were apparently using his imprisonment to control her just like they are using Sawyer against Kate. We also now know Ben has an interest in her. Daughter? And Jack too. He is very jealous of Kate-Sawyer, but he used that against the Others. Pretty clever plan he had. Start the operation and refuse to finish until Kate is freed. But was he also trying to win Sawyer's freedom?

Maria

Call me optimistic, but I think that in the end (whenever that may be) there will be a huge payoff for those of us who withstand the years of watching all seasons of Lost. It is a great show, and if people give up on it, then shame on them! They will miss out on one of the most interesting TV shows ever created.

Betsy

Just an observation--The picture that you show of Henry Gale laying facedown on the operating table looks just like Kevin Spacey from the movie Seven. I had to do a double-take.

yanick

10:50 - YOU ASKED IF KATE has seen Henry Gale before.

THEY DID. When they had breakfast on the beach, Henry told her he wanted to have breakfast BECAUSE in the next few weeks she will suffer terribly.

Sharon

While this episode was not the best, I beg to differ with the "D" rating. You can't tell me your heart wasn't in your throat when Sawyer was kneeling on the ground about to die and he told Kate to close her eyes. I thought he was going to fish flop to the ground a la Keanu Reeves in the end of the Devils Advocate. So glad it didn't happen that way.
Does anyone remember the story that Jack told Kate in episode 1 when Kate was fixing him up on the beach?

Anne

I thought last nights episode was pretty typical for LOST. I will keep watching in February. Wasn't the "flalshback cop" one of the bank robbers from the other Kate flashbacks? I must admit, I thought we would have to wait and se if Sawyer was killed, maybe we still do. UUUUGH! Have to wait til February. What is with the new cast members, are they really contributing anything?

Annie

misty

I'll agree the flashbacks seemed kind of pointless. The whole cage sex scene was great and it has been leading to this between Kate and Sawyer since the beginning. Henry Gale officially creeps me out. The newbe's suck and I think the whole fall finale is bs, we waited forever for the new fall episode and now we have to go 13 weeks without our weekly Lost fix? Don't like that at all!

sam

I'm done for good with this show. I'd rather watch a telenovelas than this anymore. Sad because I use to love the show. X-files anyone??

tlatzoteotl

I don't care how much they tease...I think Lost is the best show going in a long, long, long time (I'm talking decades). Kate's one of my favorites, so any character development for her is OK with me.

I don't know where people are getting the idea that Alex is Henry Gale's daughter. Danielle was already pregnant with Alex when her boat crashed. Her husband, Alex's father, died from the sickness that took everyone on that boat except poor Danielle (I love every minute she's onscreen).

10:04 - Yeah, I liked that one too
10:08 - Got over to my friend's house with 8 minutes to spare, cause hubby and I were watching Serenity (if you've never seen it - WATCH IT - the series Firefly on which it was based is a close second to Lost). The captain of Serenity is the cop, so we were pretty psyched to see him with Kate.
10:50 - Yeah. He fed her breakfast, and she's still got marks on her wrists from the handcuffs he made her wear that first morning.

Kelly

Kill the newbies!

Save Sawyer! If they kill off Sawyer I will stop watching!

I also vote for lots more scenes of Sawyer with his shirt off!!!

Matt C.

Sharon, the story Jack told cate in the Pilot episode happened when they ran into each other and he had her stitch him up. The story was about him operating on some teenage girl who had a spinal injury and he cut open a nerve sack and he had the bundle of nerves sitting in his hands. He got scared but told himself he would only let the fear take over for 5 seconds. He counted to 5 and then purged the fear from himself and finished the operation.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments