My High Speed Chase with OJ

11/15/2006 3:24 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OJ Simpson composited with a bloody handOJ Simpson will appear on a FOX special, hypothetically describing how he could have murdered Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. First of all, strike the word hypothetically -- he's a killer. Second, I have a theory on how he killed them, and that theory led to a bizarre chase that was anything but low speed.

Rewind to 1994. I was the investigative/legal reporter for KCBS, the CBS affiliate in Los Angeles. The case consumed my life for nearly two years. Between wall-to-wall live coverage, live shots for other affiliates and everyone in my life wanting the latest dish, I was a one-note guy -- with a theory.

I think what happened on June 12, 1994 is that Simpson was in a rage after Nicole rebuffed and embarrassed him at a restaurant earlier in the evening. I believe Simpson sought revenge with a knife, a cap and gloves, but he didn't intend to slaughter anyone when he left his Rockingham residence sometime around 9:30 that night. I think Simpson planned to slash the tires of Nicole's Ferrari. Nicole would drive around town in her sports car looking hot and it drove Simpson crazy. The tires had been slashed a few weeks before the murder, and Simpson all but admitted to Nicole that he did it.

Simpson was insanely jealous of Nicole, and slashing her tires would temporarily clip her night wings. I think Simpson went to the condo, saw the lights on inside and started peering through the windows. When he realized Nicole was taking a bath and saw candlelight, that's all she wrote. Either he rang the bell or she heard something and confronted him at the front door, and then he nearly cut her head off.

That was my theory. So one Saturday night after dinner, maybe two months after the acquittal, I drove a friend who wanted to see the murder scene. I drove to the alley behind the condo, where the garage was, to explain my theory. As I rolled up, an older black limo was stopped in the alley. I wouldn't have thought much of it -- lots of curious people were always there -- but I noticed the limo driver make eye contact with me through his sideview mirror and then gun the engine.

I was stunned. Just like in the movies, OJ Simpson returned to the scene of the crime. I began following the limo and things got crazy. The driver was weaving through the neighborhood, making turns that made no sense. Simpson hated me, so I can only imagine how pissed off he must have been at his bad luck. The limo got to busy Sunset Blvd. first and crossed to the other side. I was stuck for around 15 seconds. When I crossed, I took a shortcut to Simpson's Rockingham estate. When I arrived, the limo was stopped, the gate was open and I saw the shadow of a man running up the driveway. No doubt in my mind, it was the killer himself.

By the way, in case you take issue with my calling him a killer, he may have been acquitted of murder, but a civil jury sure felt he slaughtered Nicole and Ron, awarding their families more than $30 million. They definitely didn't die running with scissors. He's the guiltiest man I've ever seen. And I saw him that night, in all his guilt.

Jennifer

You know what the WORST part of all of this is..besides his ExWife and the poor guy from the rest. returning glasses..who she MAY HAVE BEEN involved with..who knows ? It's the fact that THIS evidence was BURRIED.....and nobody SCREAMED from the rafters I SAW HIM coming up the walk when the limo was already in the driveway. Kato KNEW what had hapened and prob had the evidence to PUT OJ away...but he figured if he kept it nonchalant he would end up the WINNER and OJ would PAY HIM BIG BUCKS for his loyalty. Oh and even IF he didn't pay him on his own free will, Kato had the PERFECT opportunity to blackmail him and get PAID regaurdless.
Now the families....they got PAID...the Lawyers and Judge and press GOT PAID, Now OJ himself GOT PAID.......catching a THEME here. EVERYONE GOT PAID....BLOOD MONEY !!!! These two people LOST THIER LIVES..two children are without a MOTHER and a family without a SON...who will never Marry and MEVER have children of his own..nor will he ever be an UNCLE or reach his goals..They are DEAD and everyone GOT RICH becasue of it.
It sickens me and THOSE PEOPLE who KNOW the truth and kept thier mouths SHUT and / or got PAID to keep thier mouths shut should be IN JAIL for obstruction of justice and PURJURY as well as ANYTHING else we could come up with in MY humble opinion.
OH and about Oj's Book ..... this man has NO CONSCIENCE guys....he wasn't trying to deal with GUILT and get it off his chect..he was trying to FILL HIS CHEST with MONEY and PRESS again. OPEN YOUR EYES people...eevrything in Hollywood is about TWO THINGS....Money and FAME. That is ALL those type of people care about. Good News..Bad News...DOESN'T MATTER..it ALL makes the PAPER,,,which gives them WHATEVER it is THEY need to move forward. OJ has NOT had ONE sleepless night..matter of FACT he has prob slept BETTER since he was aquitted than he ever has. HE WON....HE GOT HER in the end and DID NOT GET CAUGHT. Everything he TOLD her....came to pass. He had enough money to MAKE her murder go away. ( THAT'S why she feared him...and she should have.....she is DEAD NOW because of a washed up EX football , Ex LOUSY actor. Oj WHY don't you just commit suicide so atleaste YOUR children will grow up THINKING thier father MIGHT have had remorse. It is the LEASTE you could do for them. You son of a bitch !!!!

PDX

All of you who believe he was innocent... read up. Sorry but this WAS NOT a victory for African Americans, it was a victory for a WEALTHY football player

And for those of say "a jury of peers" acquitted him, take a read here at some of the dirty tactics used (I realize it is an opinion piece, but it states some facts within).

Put it all together people, and think about the FACTS here.

PDX

Oh... and if that doesn't make you think twice.... remember the Bronco scene! Holding a gun to his own head. He had lots of cash on him and fake mustache.

I know what you are going to say... "he was scared of the white man's justice..." Please, give us a break. NO ONE WHO IS ULTRA-WEALTHY LIKE THAT RUNS WHEN THEY ARE INNOCENT! THEY KNOW THEY CAN HIRE THE BEST LAWYERS.

TThis was not a victory for African Americans, it was a victory for the ultra wealthy!

HAROLD LASLEY

yes he did it... there is only one way to get a guilty killer found not guilty, his lawyer must prove someone was trying to set him up. put a little blood here and there. his people made it look like this. but guess who put the things in place, his defence team. why would he run if he truly did not do it? a man who is use to winning can't take losing. women can bring the strongest man to his knees, he could'nt stand losing. no he did not plan to kill two people that night, things simply happened before his brain could work correctly. plus he had picked up drugs at the fast food store or the one accross the street.

Disgust

It is amazing how we forget all the murders where the murderer admits that they committed the crime and nothing was done about it. Everyone is looking at OJ's and Nicole's relationship being the cause of her and Ron Goldman's death. Why has not anyone look at Ron Goldman? The media and LAPD automatically look at the black man and his white woman. They did not like the fact that a Blackman had and sometime abused his white wife, so it was so easy to assume that he was the culprit. Why was not Goldman lifestyle in question? His sister made a point to discuss the fact that he had a girlfriend. A straight man never has to explain his lifestyle. Evidence stated that it was an emotional person who murdered the two of them, so what you need to do is read between the lines. Please get over the fact that OJ may not have done it.

Steve Frisque

Terrell must be one of the stupidest idiots ever.Of course he's guilty.Anybody with half a brain knows that.I guess that says alot about what Terrell has going on upstairs.Give Johnny Cochrane credit.He knew he couldn't win without bringing race into the equation.A muderer went free.Once again it is about color.Not black or white but green.As in how much money you have.

dj_scribe

O.J. is sick and twisted and anybody who supports him is as sick and twisted as he is, only a person like him would give him any props at all.

jamesnpost

Why no outcry for Nicole? Racism, both white and black. Racist blacks figured Nicole deserved it, and OJ deserved to get away with it, because she was just paying one bimbo ho'sworth of whitey's dues for how bad blacks have been treated in US courts, both women and men. If Joe Montana had married Whitney Houston and got away with hacking her head off, blacks would have rioted from coast to coast. Why no outcry from the whites? Because racist whites figured she deserved it for whoring herself out to that soulless gold-plated jock-strap jungle monkey in the first place. For those of us who hate racism and love justice, OJ was, and still is a lose-lose-lose situation.

jamesnpost

For someone to have used OJ's blood to contaminate the evidence so as to frame OJ, it would be critical that OJ bled. There had to be some evidential record of OJ actually bleeding, or the frame would be obvious. To use blood to frame OJ, a perpetrator would not only have to have access to some of OJ's blood, he would have to know in advance that OJ was going to cut his hand on broken glass in a motel room the day after the mysterious tragedy. To frame OJ with blood, he would have to have been a prophet. Was Furman a Mormon?

OG Simpson

I killed Ron and Nicole. Stop me before I kill again.

reggie

you all please most white think he did it because ron and nicole was white most blacks feel he is innocent. everyone just need to realize every one's feelings are based on what race they are and the media spin on the whole case. if these people were black and it was oj as the killer all the whites would be trying to find a reason to save there black hero of yester years a$$ i mean come on people i am from the rough end of town on person could not do all that killing and not be seen or heard. that was a professional. oj is really a soft spoiled ass brother he aint no killer. if you think he is you need to visit a real ghetto then ask your self does oj just look like these brothers or is he one of them. short anwser hell no he not!

HATCH

I DON'T BELIEVE "HE" DID IT, I THINK IT WAS MORE THEN ONE PERSON, AND HAVE WE FORGETTEN HIS SON JASON HATED NICOLE WITH A PASSION AND BLAMED HER FOR THE BREAK UP OF O.J.'S MARRIAGE TO HIS MOTHER. AND WHAT IS REALLY SICK TO ME IS DENISE BROWN'S "BIG" STAND ON ABUSIVE HUSBANDS WHEN THEIR WHOLE FAMILY KNEW THIS WAS GOING ON WITH O.J. AND NICOLE FOR YEAR'S AND THEY NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT IT BEFORE!!! AND WHY WOULD THEY WHEN O.J. PAID FOR HER SISTERS TO GO TO COLLEGE AND BOUGHT HER FATHER THAT I BELIEVE AVIS BUSINESS. WELL, HELL NO THEY WON'T MAKE IT PUBLIC OR HELP HER WHEN THEY ARE GETTING HIS MONEY. THEN WHEN NO MORE MONEY WILL BE COMING IN, DENISE WANTS TO GO OUT AND MAKE ALL THESE STATEMENTS ABOUT ABUSED WOMEN, SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT WHEN THEY FIRST KNEW AND MAYBE HER SISTER WOULD STILL BE ALIVE, SO SHAME ON HER BIG TIME. IF I KNEW MY SISTER WAS BEING ABUSED, HER LIFE WOULD BE MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THEN MONEY, BUT I GUESS NOT THE BROWN'S AS LONG AS THE MONEY WAS COMING IN THEY TURNED THEIR HEADS THE OTHER WAY AND THAT HELPED PUT HER IN THE GRAVE.

twogolfcats

This man is IS EVIL--in his mind and body- Purely Narcistic- If the N word could be used to describe him, its not BAD enough. Those money ,Hungry, Shiester Lawyers--Ole Johnny, Robert Shapiro. Barry Sheck and the rest of those LYING, SACS of CRAP-- They now know what they have done for the sake of SHECKLES and Notoriety.-- They are the real reason why this MURDERING DOG is still free!!!!! They should all hang their heads in SHAME---They know they sold a PILE of SH*T to those STUPID, RACIST JURORS. What do these lawyers have for moral clarity-- A CHECK BOOK- thats IT!!!!!

Tom

There is a great new film just released about the OJ murders. It is a reenactment of how OJ killed Nicole and Ron. The only visual representation. It is a must see. You can see a clip at www.ojmurders.com and also purchase the DVD. You can also purchase it at www.amazon.com just type in reenactment of the century and it will come up. This docudrama is a must see. Oj is not involved in the making of this film and will probably be very upset when he see's it. Please spread the word.

Mary Osborn

Regardless of what people believe now, a jury of his peers found him NOT GUILTY. The US has the best justice system in the world, but sometimes it makes mistakes. Example: The men who were found NOT GUILTY because of DNA evidence after serving many years in prison. OJ went free, but he has failed to find and bring to justice the REAL killer, as he claimed. His life since the killings has been a disgrace. No visable change in his moral standard. He will be punished.