Britney's "Bad Girl" Defense

12/7/2006 10:17 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsBritney Spears is finally owning up to some wicked behavior – but says that she's just trying to make up for lost time.

In a statement posted on her home page last night, Britney says, "I probably did take my new found freedom too far ... Every move I make at this point has been magnified more than I expected," a winking reference to a certain part of her anatomy that captured a nation's attention. "Thank God for Victoria's Secrets' [sic] new underwear line!"

But Britney asks for our understanding: "It's been so long since I've been out on the town with friends. It's also been 2 years since I celebrated my birthday."

Can Bill Clinton Put Lindsay on the Straight and Narrow?

Lindsay Lohan wants to enlist that paragon of moral rectitude – Bill Clinton – to help her rescue her flailing public image.

In a rambling email she sent to friends and lawyers, the freckled phenom says, "Hilary [sic] Clinton, Bill Clinton ... would be willing [to help], if we just ask. If we just ASK." What's more, as Page Six reports, another Clinton-era crony wants to lend a hand as well: "Al Gore will help me. He came up to me last night and said he would be very happy to have a conversation with me." She also mentions one "LR" whom she intends to take to court for "what she's done to me."

It's not the first time Lohan has blurted out pretty much the first thing that came to her head – she issued a similarly head-scratching missive when director Robert Altman died.

Oprah Doesn't Make the TomKat Cut -- Again

So TomKat, like a lot of couples who get married somewhere far-off and exotic, want to celebrate their union a little closer to home with, well, the junior varsity portion of their friends. And, reports Us Weekly, they're having a bash this Saturday at the home of Tom's producing partner Paula Wagner. But guess who isn't coming to dinner even the second time? Oprah --or so her rep says. Arnold Robinson, Cruise's rep, confirms the party, and says it's "for friends (who) were not able attend the wedding in Italy."

Party Favors: K-Fed Tries To Get Smarter ... McPhee Album Coming in January ... Madonna To Do Another H&M Collection

Could K-Fed really be getting serious about rehabbing his image? Page Six says he was spotted at the launch party for a new book called "The Concise Guide to Sounding Smart at Parties," and chatted up the authors for tips ... Songstress Katharine McPhee will unveil her first album post-"American Idol" in January, tentatively titled "Never Saw It Comin'." The album is described by the apple-cheeked McPhee as "rhythm pop" and she says it might surprise people who "thought I was going to make a Streisand record." ... Madonna will be putting her imprimatur on another collection for H&M, to be called "M by Madonna," and it'll be a women's wear line to be launched globally in March.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

agave

Can we please change this pricks name to "Fed-Up"? I mean, aren't we all?

in the know

What you forgot to add was after K-fed chatted up authors for tips, page six reports he and his friends went over to the bar and for the rest of the time knocked back shots of everglo. Apparently he was there for the free drinks. Yes he would make a great role model for his children. At least Britney was honest about her behavior and didn't try to make up some limp excuse. I really hope she makes it.

chopchop

Why the heck is Britney saying that she hasn't celebrated her birthday for the past 2 years?!?! Do you actually need to get drunk and party to "celebrate"??!!! What happened to having a nice dinner and then birthday cake for dessert??!! What a lame excuse!! Celebrate your birthday with your family too!!

Dr. M

LINDSAY -

SILENCE CAN OFTEN BE MISUNDERSTOOD -

BUT NEVER MISQUOTED

(think before you speak)

Dr. M

Lenn K

I think Britney is finally starting to read the bad press and understand she is making some dumb decisions. Running around with no undies for one was very silly. Being drunk and out all night wasn't very smart. Paris Hilton doesn't care about you or your kids, just herself. Lindsay Lohan, well she's just a mess. Take responsiblity for your actions and take care of yourself and your kids.

Frankie

Hey Britneck, GROW THE F*** UP! Nobody cares about your LAME excuses.....You suck and so do your excuses....GO AWAY AND BE A MOM!

Dr. M

LNDSAY -

BUY A DICTIONARY -

PEACE

Dr. M

ha!

I love a good slap to the "O", however....she will turn her minions against him...all it takes is one word , bitch got a lot a power.

teeks

I'm sorry Britney, but you gave up your chance to party for 9 days in a row when you had those kids. I don't know ANY good mother who does that. It's ridiculous making excuses for it because there is no excuse. She should never had kids. For her, it is clear that having kids was just something new to try. Now that she's been there, done that, she realizes it ain't so fun.

Tmz is lame

Who is "LR"

Does anyone know? (The LR part of Lindsay's ramblings.)

Wicked1

Boo Hoo BRITNEY. You should have thought about all the partying you were going to miss BEFORE you had TWO children. STUPID SELFISH BITCH!

kgb

I agree # 9.
I have 2 big words for Britiney...BIRTH CONTROL.
Condoms work wonders. Then you can go out and party and be gross and disgusting and not be accountable for your behavior to any one but yourself.
But you didn't use them at least twice, you got what you get when you have unprotected sex.
Now be a grown up.
Take care of your kids.
I haven't had a drunken, pantiless (or panty exposing) birthday in my entire life and I am a perfectly happy. You would be so surprised how neat it is to be able to remember the morning after what you did last night and WHO you DID IT with.

racer

I'm sure Wild Bill and Al Gore would offer to double team...er , I mean.. talk to Lindsay... LOL!! Dumb Bitch thinks the world gives a sh*t about her problems.
Amazing...

Esq

If I were advising Lindsay, I'd get her into college. Education opens doors whether you are financially set or below the poverty line. It certainly can't hurt, and she's young enough to take off a few years for school. What you gain from education is yours alone, and no one can take it from you.

Lenn K

Oh by the way, Lindsay you really don't want to ask Bill Clinton for advice. You are about the age of the intern big Monica and alot slimmer and prettier so what do you think Bill will want. And as far as Hillary she might take you too!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments