Knievel Sues 'Kanyevel' Over Jumpsuit

12/12/2006 4:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

World-famous daredevil Evel Knievel, 68, has sued rapper Kanye West -- over a cheesy jumpsuit and a rocket-propelled Skycycle.
Evel Kneivel, Kanye West
In a lawsuit filed Monday in Federal Court in Florida, the daredevil claims that Kanye infringed on his trademark name and likeness in West's video for "Touch the Sky." In the video, West portrays a character named "Evel Kanyevel" who attempts to jump a large canyon, not unlike Knievel's famous 1974 jump of Snake River Canyon in Idaho, which was not successful.

Knievel argues that the white jumpsuit he wore for the stunt and the "Skycycle" that he used are trademarked. Knievel also claims in the suit that "vulgar and offensive" images depicted in the video damage his reputation.

The lawsuit asks for damages and seeks to halt distribution of the video. West's reps couldn't be immediately reached for comment. No word on whether Knievel knows how many of Kanye West's fans were actually alive in 1974.

KayBee

#6-CMG - You are an a**hole...What the F$#@K can you do? In case you haven't been around, not only are whites biting blacks but I bet you want to be one of us.
I don't have a problem with any race only the ignorance in which certain people speak........

GET A GRIP FOLKS........BLACKS & HISPANICS ARE HERE TO STAY...IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN LEAVE........GO TO HELL I DON'T CARE.:)

#9 - Proud to be Hispanic - LUV YOU MAN!!!!!

You people need to grow up...So stupid.....

Mad Balls

We can only hope that he tries to jump the grand canyon and does a half way good job . Kayne was in detroit for the SuperBowl and filled in for lame-ass rappers who did not show . Coverage in the News said he did a noble job . What they didn't report was the fans throwing bottles and shouting for him to leave the stage . Dickhead. Not that good of a rapper and just shows the lack of real talent in the Music biz . He might clear the Grand Canyon before he could jump over that big head of his . Dickhead .

WILL

THANK YOU DONNA, ARE WE THE ONLY TWO WHO KNOW EVIL DIDNT MAKE IT OVER THE SNAKE RIVER CANYON ?

amy

I don't think that TMZ said he made it. I believe TMZ said it was unsuccessful. Am I the only one reading this??

Donna

They changed it to "not successful" Amy.. calm down good grief... I live 1 hour from the actual jump site Willie lol, they still have part of the ramp there.

WILL

OMG THEY CHANGED IT LMAOOOOOOOOOO GREAT RECOVERY TMZ

Oh puleeze!

Good!! It's about time West learned that he can't just do whatever the frick he wants with no regard to anyone else. I hope Evil wins in a very public and humiliating way!

gagal

"Proud To Be Hispanic" please go back home to Mexico. Why are you ranting on the white people, blacks are the ones that hate you the most. If you don't like AMERICA go home!!!

WILL

ONCE AGAIN TY DONNA

kathryn

#16, I'm with ya. I'm white, and I'd LOVE to have Cesar Milan's carmel colored babies! He is one hot Mexican!

duh...totally !

pathetic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY are people so freaking SUE - HAPPY ??????

amy

#20. Thank you. I thougt that I confused myself. hehe

lissabell

It's amazing how this turned into a racial issue. To the posters who said we are here to stay and if you don't like it leave..well, because racial issues have been such a problem if anyone says something "racist" you whine, cry and sue. So it's best if we just ignore you all. If we had the all white awards, like the African American awards, we would have the NAACP all over us. Same as having a White Entertainment Channel (note there is a Black Entertainment Channel), nope blacks would get pissed and sue someone. Notice that the Whites have never once sued for that, we have more class than that.

And to the person that said Blacks have there own country, well why did you come to ours if your so proud of your country? Go back!

Waaah!

George Bush hates Kanye. I hate George Bush. F***er.

U_Wish_U_Were_Black

I read this bullsh*t from worthless wanna be black...but stuck in your white skin...a**h*oles everyday just to get a laugh at your jealousy ! First of all, we are unique and beautiful. If you notice, we don't grow old and get all wrinkled up...but you will!! We age gracefully. When someone hates someone as much as those on this board and everywhere in this hate-field world do...it's just because you want to be just like us! And that is real talk. I'm not mad at racists....get down how you live!