For Sale:

Kelly Clarkson,

Taylor Hicks

12/17/2006 9:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kelly ClarksonDreams really do come true. If you can meet their price, you can party with your favorite "American Idol."

According to the New York Post, the going rate for the reality show's castoffs, finalists and winners ranges from pocket change to big bucks. It all depends on whether you want them to sing their little hearts out or just show up and pretend they care.

So who makes the most? Ruben Studdard gets anywhere from $30K-$75K for three songs; Taylor Hicks sells his soul for $150K; and Kelly Clarkson is worth $300K. Meanwhile, a lowly castoff like Kimberly Caldwell -- wait, who? -- only charges $2,000.

Ed NortonThanks for Nothing, Ed Norton

There'll be no swanky swag at the Oscars or Golden Globes, courtesy of altruistic Edward Norton. The awards have scrapped giving out gift bags -- which are usually worth up to $100K -- because the actor complained so much, and the IRS got wind of the extent of the freebies. Norton tells New York magazine: "Picking through $35,000 gift baskets is disgusting and shameful. My suggestion was to have the Academy commit to [charitable] contributions in the name of the winners." Yeah, right. Look for Ed sitting alone during this year's festivities.

Martha StewartMartha Dishes Dirt With Stern

How does he do it? Howard Stern had Martha Stewart talking dirty during his show last week. The usually stuffy domestic diva told Stern she owns a $1,200 vibrator, which she called "a very good tool," reports the New York Post. She also dished on her short-lived relationships with New York mayor Michael Bloomberg and actor Anthony Hopkins. "I couldn't get past the Lechter thing," she said. "Do you want someone eating your brain while you are sitting in your beautiful dining room in Maine?" Fair enough.

Party Favors: Steven Spielberg and Christy Turlington Team Up for Fashion Show ... "Apprentice" Champ and E! News Reporter Engaged ... Michael Jackson's Japanese VIP Party

Steven Spielberg is jumping on the reality TV bandwagon. The Oscar-winning director is developing a show about the fashion world featuring supermodel Christy Turlington ... PEOPLE reports "Apprentice" winner Bill Rancic and E! News' Giuliana DePandi are engaged. The couple met when she interviewed him on E! two years ago ... Michael Jackson is charging Japanese fans $3,500 a pop to shake his hand and snap a photo. The "Premium VIP Party" takes place March 8.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

split second 12

Martha on Hopkins: Leave it to today's "culture" to give the spotlight to a convicted felon so she can malign our greatest living actor. If that's all she could see in the guy, she deserves to be alone with her friend "buzzy." May it short-circuit during use.

We, are not amused.

How much does Micheal Jackson charge to drink wine and play "Pants off/Jack Off" with the underage Jap boys?

Wilson Phillips Fan

I just became an Edward Norton fan! He may or may not be shunned at the Oscars and Golden Globes, but he has endeared himself to those of us who think that celebrities get enough pay that they do NOT need free "swag" too. Thank you, Mr. Norton, for acting with integrity; sadly, this is all too rare these days. I hope you will be richly rewarded at the box office!

V

Norton's my new hero, too.

TamTam

ANON - Amy does NOT make "perfect sense" for the following reason; I make less per year than the value of those bags and I (like you) still find the whole idea of $100K gift bags despicable - especially for those who make $12M per picture. Just because I am relatively poor, does not mean that I cannot identify with the deplorable excesses found in society - not limited to Hollywood, by the way. That's where I disagree with Amy's statement. Also, I'm very happy that you DO make more than most of us. Congratulations!

djdw61

Why in the world would Edward Norton be sitting alone at the Oscars? These celebs seem to think they can spout off about the government and drive their Pirius's to look like they care... Shouldn't they all be in agreement with Ed that those gift bags are gluttony at their worst? And how about those freebies at the film festivals and other publicity events. Rooms full of stuff that they just go in and grab, grab, grab? Those should be stopped too. They can afford to buy that stuff!! Go Ed! You are the best!

Whatever

I think it's nice to hear someone who isn't greedy for free sh*t in a basket. Nice going Mr. Norton! :)

Whatever

Shut your piehole Amy. Of course readers understand the excess of the giftbags, not only you. Dumbass.

Chris

Um- I think Amy's comment is being taken the wrong way. I think all she meant was that the way TMZ worded that story, they made it seem like Ed Norton did a bad thing when all of us know that it is ridiculous for celebs to get that much free stuff when they don't even need it. I don't think she was saying that us "regular people" wouldn't understand the value of that.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

considering all the comments, it would appear that average people are not holding a pity party over the celebrites lost loot. only wannabe celebrities are crying because they'll never get an oscar goodie bag.

allow me to chime in with my approval of ed norton!

Nicole

Awh! Poor LiLo won't get a goodie bag! It's a shame that 500 small children will be fed and clothed now! Shame on you for writing this article! Good for Ed Norton! It's nice to know one celeb out there is not completely self absorbed!

NANA

I, WHOLEHEARTEDLY, AGREE BARB. THEIR ARE STARVING AND HOMELESS CHILDREN IN THIS WORLD. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY SLEEP. SPENDING $20,000 ON DINNER WHEN THEY COULD FEED AN ARMY OF KIDS FOR THAT! SHAME ON THEM!!!

NANA

THEIR SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT IS UNREAL! BUY YOUR OWN CRAP!! MOST PEOPLE I KNOW DON'T MAKE THAT KIND OF CASH IN 2 YEARS!! YOU HANG ON TH YOUR PRINCIPLES, ED AND GOD BLESS YOU!

yolanda

BRAVO ED!!!!!! I am amused that TMZ is attempting to portray Mr. Norton as the bad guy for denouncing greediness! I am generally disgusted with hypocritical celebrities and their gross sense of entitlement !

kaz

Martha! Whatever did they do to you at Alderson? Whatever it was, I love it!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments