RBD's American Invasion

12/18/2006 7:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

They've sold over 20 million albums worldwide. Earlier this year, they sold out Madison Square Garden, Miami's American Airlines Arena and the Los Angeles Coliseum. So, why haven't you heard of Mexican pop sensation RBD?
That'll all change tomorrow with the release of the sextet's first English language album, "Rebels."

The group has already sold over 2 million albums in the U.S., thanks largely to their bilingual radio hit, "Tu Amor." Improbably, Anahi, Dulce, Maite, Alfonso, Christian and Christopher got together in 2004 when they were cast as bandmates on the Latin soap opera "Rebelde," and they haven't looked back.

Sometimes life really does imitate art!

tmz is fat

this group rocks! i dont know how they are going to sound in english... probably not all that great.

ezze

I saw them performing "live" on Telemundo and I wish them best of luck but honestly I don't think they'll find crossover success in mainstream America; too cheesy and they were lip-synching something awful like Ashlee Simpson.

Not Gonna Make It

First single barely broke the middle of the chart--this act will make NO imapct in the States.

girly

I heard their song in english and it sounded really good! But I don't know if they can crossover? They would need more then 1 hit sound in english to do that!

MetalManiac

Cheap...

Brandon

I saw them on Telemundo too, and their outfits were so tacky and the lead singer guy had this horrible clown makeup on and no one could sing live it was just awful! I don't know how they could possibly make it in the states one of the guy singers had these nasty yellow teeth and acne all over his face. It was like they had found him in a box in the alley somewhere and invited him onstage. I had no idea who they were and the fact they have been this succesful is scary.

Yaritza

Well IMO they will go huge everywhere.I live in Georgia and I Let my english fans listen to the previews of the upcoming english cd and they are gonna buy it.they love it already.RBD LO MAXIMO!!!!

MetalManiac

I rather listen to Ashlee Simpson sing... or rather not sing but I rather look at her instead of these ugly ass people. Anahi had or HAS a mean ass Anorexia problem. cheap!

Wicked

WE DON'T NEED NO MORE MEXICAN'S IN THE STATES.

Mich

They look like clowns. I thought boy bands where dead. Well I guess this one includes girls. They suck!

Sand In My Crack

Who are you to correct someone's grammar..for your information it is ANY MORE MEXICANS..NOT NO MORE.. With this said, maybe you should complete that english course before you start on Spanish. And what in the world does not speaking english have to do with overpruning? Ah..what the heck..can't reason with a mental midget, especially one who is too lazy to do her own yardwork.

Wicked

#13 at least my Daddy is not my brother like yours is. Sucks being you, huh?
Oh well, maybe in your next life you can stay a dog in Tijuana.

Message In A Bottle

sounds interesting

Antonio

Wooaah, racists in here.. well, you know what we dont need Jenny? F*cking assh*les like you.. I love RBD and they're going to be huge here.. And mexicans are here, deal with it

sam

Listen "swanny" we all watched SNL so stop the crap. You post those lyrics on every freaking subject inappropriately. What not getting enough "attention" in you real life? Dumb @ss.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments