Nicole

Back Behind the Wheel

12/20/2006 1:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The usually shop-happy celebutante, Nicole Richie, has been literally "under wraps" for the past week since her DUI arrest -- but not yesterday.

After a few days of only being seen skulking in and out of houses and parties, Nicole was spotted driving through L.A., resuming her shopathons at Fred Segal on Melrose. She was later joined at the swanky hang for a lunch with rumored boyfriend Joel Madden. The two chowed down on the down low before leaving ... in separate cars. Can ya blame him?

If you live in Los Angeles, consider this fair warning.

Me

OMG can you imagine her in prison...that would be good television. except they wouldn't be allowed to do anything special for her.

patty cake

driving? how?

Nicole

What the???

Since when do people who were arrested for DUI get to start driving less than a month after their arrest?

isn't there something called license suspension when someone is caught driving under the influence?

I'm really glad that I don't live in LA, with drunk/drugged celebs driving free all over the place. Must be a death zone.

Melvin Hernandez

Let me start off by stating that I love Nicole Richie, but doesn't your license get supended when you get a DUI?

looo

i think she looks really pretty there

Hater

We love us some Nicole baby! The way she wears her hair over one eye is so sexy. With that angelic face and sexy skin color this girl is just big time fine!

p1tey1

I don't know about jail time for her anymore. After Ms. USA was given a pass and everyone seems to be making excuses for her poor behavior, Nicole might get a pass too.

Supposedly its not THEIR fault....its the PRESSURE of FAME. They are no longer responsible for their actions.

That pisses me off!

Seriously

Melvin, that's what I was thinking but maybe the laws are different in Tinsel Town.

holycrap!

i lost my license right away after my DUI in "97. after a court appearance about 10 days later, the judge issued a conditional license to drive to & from work. until i completed "counseling sessions" there was no way i could've got my license back. all in all, it was probably a good 4 mos till i was able to whip around town & do my shopping at the mall!

girly

Nicole is a very pretty girl. She's just way to thin though! I think she would look amazing if she put on like 15 pounds!

fdodgerfan

It's the first time I've seen her looking decent.

Do high end specialty stores get new clothing in everyday or something? Why would you want to go shopping everyday, I would get tired of seeing the same crap.

nathan

#2, for normal people we lose our licence, but for rich people their money will buy them out of anything.

Lisa

I don't get this. Is it only in LA, if you drive under the influence and get arrested, doesn't your license also get taken or suspended until the case is resolved????????????????????????

In the state of Georgia, there is no way a person arrested for DUI, will be driving the very same vehicle they were arrested in. Only in LA? Does anyone know? Besides her celebrity status, whatever it is she does..........

Sunny

I don't know what is more irritating seeing her drive or knowing that our system is screwed up by allowing these celebs to get away with murder.

girly

She has not went to court yet, thats why she is still driving! I don't believe she'll get any jail time! But she will most likely loose he licence.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments