Naughty Miss Nevada

Stripped of Her Title

12/22/2006 1:59 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paging Joe Francis!

TMZ has learned that Katie Rees, Miss Nevada USA 2007, has been stripped of her title after racy photos emerged of her kissing other women and exposing herself. Miss Nevada is in red. TMZ has exclusively obtained the entire graphic series.

0221_media_removed-1
In a statement, Paula M. Shugart, President of the Miss Universe Organization, said "Katie Rees has been relieved of her duties as Miss Nevada USA 2007. First Runner-up Helen Salas will assume the title and compete at the 2007 MISS USA Pageant on March 23 in Los Angeles."

Pageant spokeswoman Lark-Marie Anton told TMZ that that while Donald Trump approved Miss Nevada's dethroning, it was Shugart who ultimately made the decision. "Mr. Trump runs a billion-dollar real estate company, besides owning the pageant," she said, "His priorities are the title holders -- Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA." Anton added that these types of decisions are made all the time, they are just more high-profile now, in light of the current scandal involving Miss USA Tara Conner.

In a statement Thursday, an attorney for Rees, says "Katie wants the public to know she was 17 and had a lapse in judgment. This was an isolated incident that occurred more than five years ago when she was a minor."

Helen Salas was Miss Nevada Teen USA in 2004, and and a second runner-up at Miss Teen USA.

UPDATE: Reps for Rees have issued a new statement admitting she was 19 at the time the photos were taken.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

enough

Katie made a mistake and she paid for it but she didn't lay down and die she has many great options in front of her and i'm sure she will make the most of it.go Katie and make those millions!

dana

WOW, what are these girls thinking. She must have known that this would come out one day. She deserved to loose her crown.

amy

And so what??

Oprah

Its a shame! Such a beautiful girl.... I will be doing a show about this in the near future.

kr

damn thats HOTTT!!!

shoegal16

that picture is hot.

free4all

Wait a sec..Where is her second chance?! Guess she didn't blow Donald, oh well just anothet f***ed up beauty queen!!

TMZ SUCKS!!

Does She have a myspace? all I have to say is HOTTTTT!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!

Michel

If you drink underage (which from my understanding is against the law) you get a second chance, but if you have some hot pics ( LOL I am female and I got a woody) you are automatically booted. OK get your priorities straight "The Donald".

Mirna

Damn...C'mon she should have known these pics would come out sooner or later....What was she thinking? Then again she might have been too drunk to have that in mind.

Whatever

Not a very ladylike way for a Miss anything to be acting.

brian scott miller

She should automatically be crowned Mrs. EveryMansFantasy,
She gives me a Golden Globe, in my Pants.

Angel

OMG!!! This is suuuuuuuucccchhhh a surprise! People act like these "beauty queens" are gonna actually make something of themselves. Miss Teen USA 2000 went to my high school and where is she now??? Graduated from community college and coaching the local cheer squad. Gimme a break! As an intelligent and somewhat okay looking 22 year old who manages to like clothes and makeup and also be a medical student, these girls make me sick and the coverage they get makes me wanna stick my finger down my throat. Stupid bitches. Lets have a Miss-someone who's-gonna-change-the-world title.

NEXT!!!!

Anthony Raphanella

Its so unbelievable that these girls who are supposed to be role models for teenagers are acting like they are only thinking of themselves. I hope she learns something from having her crown taken away and will try and live her life with alittle more diginity. Being young is not an excuse for the kind of things she was doing with that other girl, i guess she has no shame at all

BD

Wow...geez...all these girls' families must indeed be so EXTREMELY proud of them...I am truly impressed...

GAG...