Still The Hardest Working Man in Showbiz

12/30/2006 9:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Brown has once again proven that he's still got flair ... even though he died nearly a week ago.
James Brown
The Godfather of Soul, who passed away on Christmas day, underwent one last costume change for his second viewing in Augusta, GA early Saturday morning.

Brown rocked a shiny blue blazer with a matching tie this time around, a drastic change from the suit he wore during the New York viewing on Thursday.

Eat your heart out, Cher!

george vieto

James Brown even in death is "The Hardest Working Man In Show Business" this was his exclamation point.

looo

Why didn't you put up a warning about the images?
I'm sorry but I didn't want to see a dead body right before I go to sleep.
RIP James Brown, but this image wasn't nessecary

NYC

He looked just the same alive. ewwww. He was nothing but a wife beater.

Mad Balls

Probably just creditors looking for money . The guy left us with a highway of Tunes and a trail of bills . If I was his buckey - wild wife I'd be trying to get a ticket somewhere -- fast . Dickhead . Mind you , lots of J. Brown in the personal record collection with my favorites being the early boy wonder , J.B.s Review and Sex machine eras' . Often high and quick to temper he was a hard ass guy to deal with . Then again he sang and performed like a genuis dancing on the Moon . I hated him for his dullard ways as much as i loved his music . He will be missed . Dickhead .

NYC

LOL ...nASTY bOIL ;)

Vain

kind of weird posting a dead man's face without any kind of warning, i agree with #2.

Linda Lou

It seems like black people wait a long time before they bury their dead. I live in KC and when NFL star Derrick Thomas died, they drug him all over the place for over a week's worth of viewings and services before they put him to rest. When I die, I want to be buried ASAP.

khia213

#7

Yeah, unlike the Gerald Ford farewell tour.
Black people bury their dead in the same amount of time as everyone else. Sheesh!

NYC

I never saw the big deal in him. And the way he danced was good??? Hmm, I just dont get it!? I see alot of peeps dance like that , they are called crack heads looking for a fix, and when they do they yell "I feel Good" do do do do do do do, I knew that I would now....LOL. But hey, to each his own. P.S. I'm just happy I wont have to see this old man wearing his "nutt hugger" skin tight pants anymore!.

Linda Lou

#8 - you do have a point. But, no racism intended, I have seen blacks do it more than whites as far as open caskets go and extended periods of time before burial. I don't think Ford's casket is open, is it? Reagan's wasn't.

Rachel

I have to say that putting these pictures up was a little tacky. Out of respect for James Brown and his family, the pictures shouldn't have even been taken to begin with.

Rachel

No, Ford's is closed. I think all former prez are closed. As far as taking a long time to bury Ford-duh. He has a state funeral. Not to take anything away from James Brown. I'm white but still recognize Brown is a legend. Little Wings NYC your remarks are juvenile, crass and merely reveal your ignorance. Shame, you probably thought you would be seen as clever.

NYC

oo0000, julianna I bet u think u "schooled" me huh?. pfft. Damn, it was a joke. Loosen up, its only james brown...lol...gawd.

Matt

Why are we still giving this man media attention? We should use his death to educate others about domestic abuse and that there is still hope for battered women out there.....much like the ones that James beat.

kelly

Al Sharpton sad he lived like a real man but I don't agree with this now that I know he was a wife beater. Real men don't beat women.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments