Is Babwa Lying?

Trump Sticks to Claim

1/3/2007 7:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comBarbara Walters said she still loves Rosie, but Donald Trump isn't buying it.

On today's episode of "The View," Walters read a statement correcting specifics in a recent rant Rosie O'Donnell waged against Donald Trump, and added that she has never regretted hiring Rosie -- though Trump maintains the opposite was said to him.

Trump called into CNN Headline News' "Showbiz Tonight" and said Barbara's feelings towards Rosie are anything but cordial, and he believes she has to put up a front for the sake of the show. "Is she going to get on and say that 'I can't stand Rosie'? She has to work with her," adds Trump, "Barbara knows what she said to me, and if I really tell you what she said, it just creates havoc." Far be it from The Donald to want any havoc!

Although he says he has nothing but love for Barbara, there's "zero chance" Trump will appear on "The View" to hug it out with Ro anytime soon.

Hear Trump's towering interview tonight at 11pm ET.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Midnight

If Star Jones had still been on the show she would have cautioned O'Donnell that she was getting into legal murky waters.

Maybe that's why Rosie O'Donnell did not like Star. She did not want to be muzzled.

Edward Dupree

Si Since Rosie Odonnell has forsaken the natural use of her body,I wonder whatelse goes on in that unatural mind of her's. I am not a fan of Donald Thrump and his ego either.

Had Enough

I think it's about time for these people to GROW UP!!! I don't know if Rosie and Donald forget about how much they are int he public view-however many young people in this country look up to both of them because they are celebrities. They are slipping into the same catagories of Britney--Paris --Lindsey--how are you people??? Maybe they need to be reminded what our parents taught us---"If you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY IT AT ALL!!"

ERIS

On Rosie and The Donald.
I generally don't have a problem with either one. But Rosie is so boisterous and loud and inaccurate that she makes herself look like a foool. Eventhough The Donald doesn't understand that all overweight people are inaccurate loudmouth bullies as Rosie is. Rosie lost my respect on that when she ambushed poor Tom Selleck on her show just as Meredith Vierra did to The Donald on her show. Both should hush. Don't Rosie understand that ihe's part owner and I'm sure the decision wasn't totally his. But in any case, he would have gotten grief. Damned if u do and Damned if u don't.. And she surely can't be the moral compass either so why don't she just keep her nose out of His business. And people saying Donald did this for ratings....SHE STARTED IT NOT HIM. So I don't know how it was him looking for ratings. And Barbara dances around the issue.....she said she don't regret hiring her ... never said she's regreting keeping her. Words....read between the line.
Business is one thing personal is another.
The Donald has nothing to lose by saying what Barbara said to him. Whereas Barbara does. So I believe The Donald. She didn't say she never said to him. SHE SAID SHE DIDN'T REGRET HIRING HER. That's different from saying I can't stand working with her. There are people that I can't stand but don't mind working with and people I like but can't stand working with. Personal and Professional personalities sometimes clash.

Have fun

joannepolizzi

i think that life is too short and rosie needs to stop making in front of people.IF that want she like too do give her a stand comedian act and not on the view. the view is not her show

Candy Shand

Barbara has proven Star right, she is a liar and a fraud, I believe she did say that, it is show business people, as the Donald says, "what is she going to say?" , she hires Rosie, although she hates her gutter behaviour, but the public loves this kind of behaviour so it will boost her ratings, which it did, for how long though? Rosie is not stupid, she knows Barbara said it, that is why this "holiday" suddenly springs up. She may return and finish her year but I doubt very much she will return after her year contract. I refuse to watch the View, it should be called the "gutter view", as Rosie is taking it right in the gutter with her and they have certainly lost a lot of the intelligent viewers and more of the Gerry Springer viewers are tuning in. I am sorry for Elizabeth and Joy as they cannot be happy with Rosie, but they have no choice they have to grin and bear it or they could up and leave or get fired like Star. Meridith was a class act on the view and it has gone to the gutter since Rosie joined and I suspect millions of viewers share my view.

Rachel Janney

If what Rosie said did not bother D.T. then why is he on "every show" complaining
about her? I will "NOT" be watching his show ever again. This will be his last year on TV. He cannot insult people and get away with it. He acts likes a small child who did not get his way. Good By Donald and good ridence.!!!!!

mommy plus 2

To #157 I agree with you regarding BW. I used to enjoy her, but after watching her reactions to the Star Jones thing, and now with Rosie....I've changed my mind. Rosie needs to watch her back....when the ratings go down, Rosie will tooo.....gone by the wayside. I enjoy Rosie. I've visited her site, rosie.com and can tell you that her scheduled vacation really was just that. She has a "school year" long contract with THE VIEW. She gets all vacation days off that her kids do....must be nice, huh? I for one, hope she stays. If Barbara lets her go, she'll survive. Just look at the ratings, they are through the roof. Even before all this crap with Donald/Chump /Dump Trump.
Just adding my humble opinion....
Sheila in Seaside

Julie

Big Mouth Bitch stated that Rosie could have won the "load" mouth of the year. BMB also stated she should keep her view to herself.

I imagine that Rosie is not on the show entitled "The View" because she plans on keeping her views to herself. What an unintelligent statement. Makes me wonder if Donald is BMB... ???

Robin

I'm from New Jersey and I can remember the Taj being closed because of financal problems Trump had. (late 80's-early 90's)My friends' husband was a chef there and was out of work 3-4 days. So maybe it wasn't bankruptcy but there have been problems. Isn't there a saying about protesting too much...

Dan

The Donald is a true scuz bucket. He states that he has never gone bankrupt, but I think that his bankers and bond holders would disagree.
Every time things go bad for him, he re-organizes his debts leaving the shareholders and bond holders out in the cold...but not himself.
WHEN will he deal with the fact that he has been going bald since the 80's?
Rosie could not be more correct about his "COMB-OVER". Does he not realize how foolish he looks?
Donald. Get a RUG! Get PLUGS! Or just deal with the fact that you are balding and just get a F***ING HAIRCUT.
And for Christ sake, SERVE SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE!!!!!

Terrie

If i had to choose between "The Donald" or Rosie..i'd rather be gay...The only reason Donald gets these pretty wifes is for his money..geeeez Don...Wake up..

cindy

DT HAS GONE ON FOR TWO WEEKS TALKING TO ANYONE AND EVERY ONE
WHO WOULD PUT HIM ON TV. MAYBE HE SHOULD SPEND MORE TIME
DOING CHARITABLE WORK AND DOING THINGS FOR KIDS. AND
SPENDING TIME WITH HIS ONE KIDS RATHER THAN GOING ON A RANT
EVERY NIGHT. ROSIE HAS NOT RESPONDED TO HIM- HOW LONG WILL HE KEEP THIS ONE SIDED RANT GOING.
I AM BOYCOTTING HIS SHOWS

Jesebel

FAt women of this country UNITE! I have not always agreed with everything Rosie has said in the past, and I do not support her liberal views....But! She is "Right-On" with her comments on Donald Trump. As for Barbara Walters? I say to Rosie, "Get out now while you have the chance to go on to something even better!" Barbara would sell you down the river if given the chance. She has obviously lied about her comments to Trump. Take Kelly and the kids and GET OUT NOW!!!!

Nina

Rosie, needs to really stop why is she attacking everyone that is just being ignorant. Everytime you look up she is talking about someone oh my goodness is she just not happy? I wish they would just pull the plug on the view this is just being ridiculous and our dumb @$$ is totally looking at 2 full grown adults attack each other then we wonder why our kids turn out the way they do. Pull the plug on this stupid $&^T.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11