Is Babwa Lying?

Trump Sticks to Claim

1/3/2007 7:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comBarbara Walters said she still loves Rosie, but Donald Trump isn't buying it.

On today's episode of "The View," Walters read a statement correcting specifics in a recent rant Rosie O'Donnell waged against Donald Trump, and added that she has never regretted hiring Rosie -- though Trump maintains the opposite was said to him.

Trump called into CNN Headline News' "Showbiz Tonight" and said Barbara's feelings towards Rosie are anything but cordial, and he believes she has to put up a front for the sake of the show. "Is she going to get on and say that 'I can't stand Rosie'? She has to work with her," adds Trump, "Barbara knows what she said to me, and if I really tell you what she said, it just creates havoc." Far be it from The Donald to want any havoc!

Although he says he has nothing but love for Barbara, there's "zero chance" Trump will appear on "The View" to hug it out with Ro anytime soon.

Hear Trump's towering interview tonight at 11pm ET.

JAN

Grow up Donald. If you are in the public eye you have to take your lumps. I watched his show the first year and never again. He is a bore and he is not handsom. Go for it Rosie. I admire you for taking him to task. Barbara, stand by your choices. Do not back down. God Love all of you on the View and May He Keep You In the Palm of His Hands. Jan

helga

i am a a fluffy Woman (if u don't know what that means ..larger) and i did't offend me when he called rosi fat ..there is a differents being fat Rosi is a foulmouth and by being a larger woman she should not open her mouth so loud trying to be noticed...I am not a fan of the Donald however i think he should stop this nonsence with Rosi he should not put himself in her level..he is smarter than that ....so Get Rosi of the view so i can come back to watch it..and Babs i thought u have class i guess i have to change my mind on that too,very smart but not smart enough to have hired Rosi ,the show is not a seccess wth rosi in it ...sorry to have to say that ..Donald go and sue i would do the same if i had u r money and don't come down on fluffy Woman

kass

THAT OLD FART NEEDS TO STOP ACTING LIKE A 2YR OLD .. I NEVER NEW DONALD WAS SUCH A BIG BABY... I EXPECTED HIM TO HAVE SOME CLASS AN TAKE THE HIGH ROAD BUT ..I GUESS ALL HIS MONEY COULDN'T BUY THAT. UR JUST A BIG RATINGS WHORE... AND UR OLD AS DIRT! UR NOT FOOLING ANYBODY WITH ALL UR YOUNG WIVES..UR STILL OLD AND UGLY..OH AND BY THE WAY I CAN ACT LIKE A 2YR OLD ...IAM STILL YOUNG...

Shelley

Unfortunately, Barbara Walters may end up being the one who loses the most in this situation with Rosie and "The Donald." I think, Barbara Walters is losing a great deal of her credibility as a journalist as a direct result of her hiring Rosie.

I am not a Rosie or Donald hater, I don't care enough about this foolishness to hate either one of them. However, what I see in the future is B.W. losing her standing as a renowned journalist if she is put in the position of having to defend herself, her decisions, or Rosie too many more times. Within the last couple of months Rosie has stirred up conflict with the Kelly Ripa and Caly Aiken--a situation that she had no business sticking her nose in---and now all of this hoopla with Donald Trump that does not seem to be going away.

Good luck to you Ms. Walters,...you are going to need it in the weeks to come!

Vickie

Barbara, as well as Rosie, base opinions on people by their actions and their intelligence, not their looks. Donald you couldn't win with these ladies with looks, actions or intelligence. You are out classed.
Get a hair cut, and go back to the world you pay to be right in, we are tired of your nonsence. You definately have more money than sense. Just go away and buy your happiness somewhere else.

Oklahoma Crude

Mr. Trump, I believe that all your money has made you feel as though you can say anything and that everyone will love you and stand up at attention. Sir, you are desperately wrong! I happen to agree with the comments that Rosie made. Yep, you OWN Miss America, but there should have been a committee making the decision to keep or "strip" her of the title.

And for the person who commented that Rosie is suspect and not on vacation, I say to you. Rosie is known for spending family time, especially around holidays. Anyone that ever watched her show knows that she frequents Walt Disney World several times a year.

Rosie can be brash, but I've always found her to be honest and straight forward. Whether her absence from the View this week has been vacation, or a cooling off time, I say that speaks highly of her character. Can't say the same for Mr. Trump who just this morning is still spewing venom after an interview with the Today show. Enough already. We all know that you're the man with all the money and none of the class that should come with it.

Vickie

Donald is trying too hard to defend his position. Even he knows that he has screwed up royally and isn't smart enough to cut his losses.
Barbara has more intelligence and class than all Trumps money could buy. He knows this but just can't accept it.
He really needs to grow up and move on to topics where he pays the people to agree with him.
He says Rosie is ugly.....Has he taken a look in the mirror lately with that hair? Come on Trumpy the game is over and you have lost. Take your comb and go home.

plantalittlesunshine

AMEN!

Bernice Higer

Donald Trump is a spoiled brat...always was and still is.Starting with his father's money and piling B.S. on B.S. he amassed some realestate smarts with a big mouht and bigger ego. He is not a guy I would want may daughter to take up partly with because his ego is probably much larger than his other vital parts.

Kathy

The Donald Rules! I stopped watching The View long ago. The views they present are way to perverted for me. Homos stick together. I was not surprised at all when Barbara announced that the pervert would take Star's place.

So what? Donald has been married a few times. At least he got legally married.
He didnt run to San Francisco then stand on the steps with flowers flaunting it like it was real. Barbara is getting what she deserves for hiring Rosie.

The Donald is 2000% right about Rosie! GO DONALD!!!! DON'T BACK DOWN.

MARILYN NESMITH

the whole thing is foolish trump is a business man he has to defend his rights as a business man rosie on the other handis just a spectator

chopin kiang

Happy Ndew Year! This year is dedicated to all those who fall short of perfection, including myself. I ask that our Higher Power, who I choose to call God, grant us the serenity and wisdom to show love nad compassion to all, including myself, Rosie, Donald, Barbara, Oprah, Dr. Phil, and all other commentators who have submitted items to this column or blog. Heaven knows that we are not perfect and let us forgive each other right now for letting ourselves fall prey to mean-spirited name calling and accusations. I wish you all a healthy mind, a grateful heart and a compassionate soul this year of 2007. Happy New Year!

jen

Who is Trump to talk about looks.....The only reason he has someone is because he also has money...He Is not something to look at in my book he is not even good looking at all.

Gwen

The only ones defending Rosie are lesbians, fatso's and ugly women, not to mention a few weak men who don't know better. I believe Trump when he said that Baba Wawa told him she wishes she didn't hire her. What Wawa is doing now is called Damage Control.

keg

The View really dropped when they hired Rosie. Now all they talk about is gay rights. If Rosie wants to be queer ,let her, but she needs to shut up about it and go on to other topics. The View has simply become a mouthpiece for Rosie to inflict her biased views on all the people who previously enjoyed watching The View. As for Donald, sticks and bones may break your bones but words can never hurt you. Get over it Donald, but thank you for standing up against Rosie and her big mouth. I did not appreciate Rosie attacking Kelly Rippa. If Rosie is so easily offended perhaps she should consider how many people she blatently offends daily.Hey View give us a break and keep Rosie on vacation!