Barbarian Trump to Conan: You Lied to Me!

1/10/2007 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

No one is safe from the wrath of Trump. Not even Conan O'Brien.

The Donald was once again on the attack, accusing the the late night host and his staff of lying to him about what topics would be discussed on the show last night. Trump claimed that Conan had promised to steer clear of Rosie questions.

"I'm not doing my job if I don't ask you, quickly at the top, about this whole Rosie situation," said Conan. Trump quickly swiped back, "Even though we agreed not to discuss?"

Panicked, Conan declared that he "never agreed" to those terms and then asked his staff to back him up. The move only seemed to get The Donald even more fired up.

Someone isn't telling the truth.

DOLLI326

COMMENT ON CONAN REALLY CONAN... IF YOU TOLD SOMEONE SOMETHING IN GOOD FAITH... IT IS SOPOSE TO BE GOOD FAITH.. AND KEEPING YOUR WORK. I THINK IT A DISGRACE TO HAVE SOME ONE COME ON YOUR SHOW WHO WAS TOLD THEY WERE GOING TO TALK ABOUT ONE SUBJECT AND THE BRING UP ANOTHER. IS'T THIS CALL ENTRAPMENT? i HAVE WATCHED YOUR SHOWS . BUT NOW THAT YOU HAVE PROVEN YOUSELF TO BE UNRELIABLE, UNTRUTHFUL .YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD THE DECENCY TO ASK MR. TRUMP IF HE WANTED TO COMMENT ON THE SITUATION AND TAKE IT FROM THEIR. YOU WOULD NOT HAVE LOST THE RESPECT OF YOUR LISTENERS.

ManBearPig Huntress

T. Benvenuto - I'm not sure if you are aware, but there are people who specifically do pre-interviews with the guests on Conan's show (and Leno and Letterman, etc.) and then provide the questions that are going to be asked to Conan before the guests come out. There are no "arrangements" made between Conan and his guests personally (at least for the most part). You are assuming that Conan is the problem here and that it isn't TRUMP who is the big liar and sleazebag. How do you know he actually told ANYONE he didn't want to speak of Rosie? I've NEVER seen Conan put anyone on the spot who looked surprised by his questions.

My guess is the pre-interviewer didn't ask and Trump didn't point it out. When Conan saw no mention of a "ban" on the subject on his note cards, he went for it. Why else would he ask his staff to back him up?

Wicked

MANBEARPIGHUNTER

WHY DON'T YOU SHUT THE FVCK UP. NOBODY NEEDS TO HEAR YOUR PERSONAL COMMENTS TO POSTERS HERE.

YOU ARE THE DUMBASS BUDDY.

paulie

Conan needs his ratings, so why not screw with the combover kid. Normally I would side with anyone but the Donald, but in this case, this butt-kissing late-show host points finger of blame in every direction but himself. C'mon conehead man, the jig is up. Your ratings are tanking, so do something "cool." If this is the pathetic way you really are...when Jay Leno retires, I will never, ever watch the Tonight Show again. Phonies like you piss me off.

L.S

Donald u wack job you are not acting like a happy man you are acting like a F----in baby if you were a happy person you would not be on every show on tv bashing people you looser
p.s. so happy your show is doing crappy

L.S

Hey Donald news flash you do have bad hair, your ugly, fat and have bad tacky taste. I believe you are the liar not Barbara

TheTruth

DONALD TRUMP HAS JUMPED THE SHARK! TAKE PARIS WITH YOU, DONALD!

John C jackson

OK, I guess TMZ and a lot of the readers have never heard of SCRIPTED COMEDY?

It was very clear the little "act" between Conan and Trump with the play-fighting was all apart of the planned performance.. idiots.

M.Neider

To Man Bear Hunter Pig whatever it is responding to T. Benvenuto, I guess your name explains it all. And to those who believe Trump is a dirtbag or sleaze, well hey he is the one that is rich yes? Not you so he must be doing something right. Hate to tell you but concerning the Rosie incident, the rest of the world feels the same way, she is up there with Roszanne Barr. I feel so bad for the lovely ladies on the view, she sticks out like a sore thumb with the way she presents herself and Barbara Walters was cringing in her seat the whole time. I thought for sure she was just going to hit her like we all wanted her to. I can't even watch the show now. They should just bring back Star Jones. Donald a rich man, a rich suit only the best with mannerisms and to put him in a pot up against less fortunate, manner and intellect lacking people, that must be hard for him. Go Donald, because no matter how you look at it, you own the Trump Plaza, and everything else on the list and we all are your consumers. Hail to those like him whom are decent human beings who know how to make a living the right way.

chena

CAN YOU ILL-INFECTED, ANTI-BIBLE, GO-IMMEDIATELY TO-HELL,

BUTTHOLE-INFECTIOUS, ROSIE-LUVING,

FAGS PLEASE STAY OFF TMZ?

Esme

Hey, NOFAGS: It's people like you that give religion a bad name. You're bringing our country down and I'M SICK OF IT! Just look at the rest of the world -- we're falling behind socially, economically, and just about every way possible and the religious right Bush administration is totally to blame.

LEARN TO TOLERATE PEOPLE DIFFERENT THAN YOU OR THIS COUNTRY IS NO LONGER THE LAND OF THE FREE!

Amber

I love Conan, he is an honest, hilarious man! Donald is a pig rolling in shit with all this negative attention..he's like a damn child.

M.Neider

IT'S AMAZING READING ALL THE JEALOUS AND ENVIOUS GREEN EYED PEOPLE WHO WISH THEY WERE DONALD. YOU KNOW HE'S GOT TO BE GOOD IF BARBARA WALTERS LOVES HIM. SHE IS A LADY WITH CLASS AND ONLY CLASS BELONGS ON THE SHOW. APPARENTLY CONAN WATCHERS (AND I WOULDN'T DARE WATCH WHAT HE CALLS A SHOW (DESTROYING WHAT IT USED TO BE NO ONE EVEN KNOWS THIS GUY) BUT HIS PRODUCER ADMITTED HE TOLD DONALD TRUMP THAT HE WOULD NOT BRING UP ROSIE AND THEN CHANGED HIS MIND AND ALLOWED ONE QUESTION. BOY NOT ONLY ARE THESE NEGATIVE QUOTERS ENVIOUS THEY ARE STUPID THAT THEY DO NOT GET THE FACTS FIRST BEFORE KNOCKING ON SOMEONE. SOMEONE THEY WISH THEY WERE. GO DONALD. BY THE WAY GOOD GOING ON THE PARENTHOOD. YOU HAVE A LOVELY DAUGHTER AND A MANNERABLE SON. BOTH SUCCESSES LIKE YOU.

hotmomma0719m

Mr. Trump, for a business man you have no cuth.

sandra kendall

This business with Rosie and the" Donald", if you recall was started by Rosie. I think she is so loud, and very abrasive, she always talks over ever one. She bite more off than she can chew, and Donald won't leave her alone and I don't blame him at all.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments