Ross to Serve as "Idol" Mentor

1/16/2007 9:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Diana RossDiana Ross told David Letterman that she is going to be on "American Idol" this season.

During a taping of "The Late Show" this afternoon, the legendary singer told Dave, "I'm going to do the 'American Idol,' as a mentor. And then I'll leave from there and I'll go on tour, March and April."

"Idol" producers were not immediately available for comment. The show premieres tonight at 8PM ET/PT on Fox.

Sue

Oh great! A Diva teaching the Idols. I met Diana Ross. She is one of the biggest Divas ever (I'd use another word, but my post would probably get pulled). She insists that everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - call her "Miss Ross", not Diana. You may not look her in the eyes when you speak to her (don't ask me why 'cause I honestly don't know her reasons). She's just the person to teach up and coming stars how NOT to behave.

He's Boring now

who she think she is the Miss Daisy of Driving Miss Daisy with the call me Miss routine? And whats with no eye contact? She sounds Hitleresque to me, and why she always go out with and marry almost exclusively White Men?

She is no role model cept for those who want to be abusive and drunk. She had her Day now move over and take a step back with your eyes to the floor Ross.

Dorian

To #11" Okay, you are right, I've reconsidered 'bout Ross being a judge. However, I still think Paula A*sdull is a drunken embarrasment to the show.

Dan

Diana Ross makes me feel quite sick (and thats not just becasue she's soooo ugly) ... she said she hasnt seen the movie Dreamgirls and if she does it will be with her lawyer... WHAT A SKANK!! She's so mean because she's probably never had anything her whole life and is trying to cling onto her one time moment of fame. She's on strainger drugs than Paula and thats saying something.

I hope a house falls on her!

You too Kimmie you wanna-be evil wench.

Denny Long

I love the music of the 50's and 60's but when a Diana Ross song comes on the radio, I change the station. Love her if you want but I don't. I hope she isn't on American Idol because I like that show.

SUPREME COMMANDER

THIS BITCH IS RESPONSILBE FOR KILLING CINDY BIRDSONG, ONE OF THE ORIGINAL SUPREMES...ROT IN HELLL BITCH...

RJ

Diana Ross will bring knowledge of music, prescence of voice interpretation, and dignity to American Idol. At her age she can still hit the notes that some of the singers of today are dying to hit. She is a pure singer and great person.

Rudy

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE ORIGINAL D-I-V-A DIANA ROSS! SHE CAME FROM THE DETROIT PROJECTS AND MADE A NAME FOR HERSELF THE ENTIRE WORLD KNOWS AND LOVE! SHE'S GOT TALENT, LOOKS AND STYLE THAT'S COMPARED TO NO OTHER! NOT ONLY IS HER SINGING FANTASTIC, HER ACTING IS INCREDIBLE! OSCAR WORTHY NO LESS! AS I SAID EARLIER, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE DIANA ROSS! IT'S GREAT THAT AMERICAN IDOL IS PAYING HOMAGE TO A LIVING LEGEND!

Rudy

Jo

Diana Ross should fix her yellow teeth before judging anybody and tone that hair down.

chgosatrap

Whatever Diana Ross is, she has talent. She has talent, and she is a smart businesswoman. Back in the old days, that was why women were called the B word, for being successful, with or without a man.

Also, because of her success and talent, she has no need to flash her privates or anything like that. Had she done what some of these younger sluts have done, she would never have made it this far.

As to #12, first of all, YOU decide when YOU will sit back, no one else decides that for you. As for DUI: right now, I am in Southfield, MI. A guy in Farmington Hills was drunk and speeding, and rammed his SUV into the back of a family's car, killing the mom and her 2 children, leaving a man without his wife and children all in split seconds. The drunk driver had alcohol level of something like 30 % or something. The accident was so bad, the drunk was hospitalized for months. He didn't even think he should go to prison, and I'm not sure he did. Last I heard, he and his attorney were worried about him losing his million dollar home in Florida. That's what I call DUI.

Faye Sheff

Yes, great talent , You go Miss Ross, at your age you are still something else!
What happen to people who use to be kind, caring, encouraging and sympathetic? #7 you are are a danger to yourself. Get help!!!

lw

Diana is one of my favorite, all time..singers...the American Idol show can only benefit from DRoss being a part of the show.

Judy

I think Billie Holliday may be the Original Diva but we all love Diana Ross....

Skyelar

Diana Ross is one of the best, after all these years she is still going strong. I remember her most from The Supremes. The younger generation doesnt appreciate real music. Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Etta James, BB King, Eric Clapton....the ones who molded generations of music.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments