Rosie vs. Oprah

in Another Bitchfest?

1/22/2007 1:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rosie O'Donnell, Oprah WinfreyRosie O'Donnell took to her blog again, this time taking swipe at the Talk Queen herself, Oprah Winfrey.

At issue was Oprah's interview last Thursday with kidnap victim Shawn Hornbeck and his family. Rosie, in her non-sensical, haiku-meets-illiterate-rambling kinda way, refers to Hornbeck on her blog as "paraded out for america to see." She goes on:

"after 4 years captive
a new haircut couldn't hide
his tormented eyes"

But Rosie -- long considered an advocate for the rights of children (and homosexuals, and fat people, and Broadway musicals) -- did find someone above rebuke; the parents of the other kidnapped boy, Ben Ownby:Oprah gallery: Click to launch photos

"ben
will not be appearing
on tv today
a moment of sanity"

Careful Rosie, going after the Donald is one thing, but you might not want to take on the O. Has anyone seen James Frey lately?

Kate

#14 - Duh. Of course radical anything is dangerous. Please don't mention bombs okay. That's not attributed to "religion". It's the people running religion down to the ground, and that's why radical anything is dangerous.

ANSamotherisamonster

Rosie is so full of sh!t she stinks! She is downright disrespectful by "trying" to dis Oprah. Lady O' is the only person on the planet catching more pervs than the FBI. Oprah doesn't need an endorsment from Rosie to determine what's the right and wrong thing to do. The attention that this case is going to receive will have an astounding effect on society as a whole simply because Shawn came on Oprah. Watch and see how a true humanitarian does it Big Ro, while you cruise on your alternate ship chewing ho-ho's, bad-mouthing every "who's-who" of the media that day, and giving homosexuals a bad image by making everything that comes out of someones mouth a "gay issue". Lady O is actually inspiring people to move off their asses & do something for children all over the world, take notes simpletons.

ANSamotherisamonster

Rosie is so full of sh!t she stinks! Lady O' is the only person on the planet catching more pervs than the FBI. Oprah doesn't need an endorsment from Rosie to determine what's the right and wrong thing to do. The attention that this case is going to receive will have an astounding effect on society as a whole simply because Shawn came on Oprah. Watch and see how a true humanitarian does it Big Ro, while you cruise on your alternate ship chewing ho-ho's, bad-mouthing every "who's-who" of the media that day, and giving homosexuals a bad image by making everything that comes out of someones mouth a "gay issue". Lady O is actually inspiring people to move off their asses & do something for children all over the world, take notes simpletons.

johnnie

when is all this crap going to stop? I am sick of everyone's comments o everything. You people need to be praying for our country and our leaders instead of griping about what every one is doing and saying. GET A LIFE!

Kate

#14 - Radical any religion is dangerous. Okay so Radical Christians haven't attacked America, but please it matters which people are in control of the minds of followers - not the religion. Christianity has gone through a major evolution that Islam hasn't as far as public opinion and attitudes are concerned. It's not the religion so please stop with your ethnocentric small-mindedness that separates the world into good and bad, black and white. This isn't a John Wayne flick. It just so happens that the U.S. government is mostly Christian. Is it as violent? Yes. The religion is, but a lot of crazy Muslims who are distorted are out there. I don't get why it's so hard for people to understand.

Hause

I think Rosie does these comments to get attention. It boost the ratings for "The View". Don't cha get it.

CANADIAN

As a Canadian...I have followed your media for years, Why cause... it is so out of contol. The things that are broadcast that are not NEWS WORTHY eg. car chases, drunkin stars,hate mongers, just tourmoil. With that being said I think the reason is cuz , As a Nation your leaders are out of control which allows you to be out of control, and take certain liberties, Your Media is full of exploitation, there is no accountability. It's a complete free for all.. Now your "MEDIA" is CONTROLLED by Big business unlike our Country which is INDEPENDANT. Our media is not governed by our government nor do you have to have alot of money to the extent of yours. Yours is BIG MONEY and BIG MONEY comes from big business with a lot of POLITICAL influences. Which in some or most cases is a conflict of interest , For them having the media put their own little SOAP OPERA TWISTS on stories adding some scandal or dirt has been great cuz everyone is focusing on the conforntation or the drama. WHY cuz your in confortation /drama with everyone as a Nation, and DRAMA sells, real news doesn't. The ones who speak the truth are the ONES who get hit the hardest , or speak the LOUDEST are the ones who get attacked!!! Ops shouldn't have put that child on, she should have thought about would she have enjoyed that experence if the story about her anguish as young child/teen by the hands jof her family and her escape to her FATHERS!!! was told at the peak of that drama. But she didn't become a billionaire on accountability, or taste. I think Rosie has decided that the Nation needs, accountability, awakening, and in need of some basic VALUES. As Canadians we don't give a sh*t about the stars in our country, and what they do on daily basis, they had just better be paying their taxes! How they make the news is for doing good positvive stuff. We're not big business here to that extent no one is for sale here. I think as Nation your very quick to attack those who speak out against the grain. Just try to listen you might like who saying it , but there is a very strong message to be heard!!! I think the message just might be...Let's not EXPLOIT, lets take back some control and report what is truly important values, getting OUR men/women home, acceptance of all. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!! it's true there is NO PRESS CONFERENCES FOR THE MESSENGER. Just for the biggest a**hole with the most $$$$$$$ HATE CAN PREVENT GOOD be very careful.....

Christina

Rosie has said just what millions of us are thinking - why did Oprah have this poor child on her show. . .RATINGS. Plain and simple. And if the great Ms. Oprah was such a compassionate person she would have had enough class NOT to ask if the child has been sexually molested. What a jerk!!!! What she should have done - if she had cared - was to pay for psychological counseling for the boy instead of trying to obtain juicy tidbits. . What was SHE thinking.

Lauren

I didn't care when Rosie went after Donald. Regarding Paula, I personally thought she was on something, either high or drunk. Buit Oprah, who just came out to people on how "DEVASTED" she was an adult when she was betrayed by her hald sister who spilled the beans to the National Enquirer for cash about Oprahs having a kid when she was 14. So how does she think Sean feels being betrayed by his parents and Oprah helped in that. She did't have to ask them to be on the show and they did not have to accept. To see every person in that audience standing up, applauding while he just sat there and they were all staring at thim. What teenager would like that, especially in light of the fact that he was sexually abused! Oprah was devasted and did not leave her damn bed for three days and was crying the whole time, yet she was an ADULT and couldnt take it when the whole world knew. What a hypocrite. She may do alot of good but shes no saint above the rest of us, she makes mistakes and this was her greatest yet because it involved a child who was kidnapped by some freak for four years not some "author" (james fry) who lied to Oprah.

ella

Rosie has more talent to bring the veiw at a more conversational status. otherwise they would be giggling the whole show. Rosie makes points with exact truth where as the others are just blah blah.Thank God the boy is now safe and who would be to blame is maybe the family who maybe rushed none the less I do hope it helped them financially so that he may have a fresh start and begin to live and enjoy life. Trump became too rude for a young girl that others work hard for to represent their country and for each one life is hard and many times they are not given a second chance. What about others that are locked up in prision for similar situations and all you get is rehab. and a pat on the back. Mr. Trump I thought you finally grew up with all your sucess and new family you should have thought what if your daughter was in the car with her and that accident could have hurt or killed her.Would rehab been a just payment. Well that's how it is for the dream of other contestants one lack of judgment won't change anyhting because you say their is a second chance. Oprah, wow I have respected you.With your trials and tribulations, but it's true with those millions you could have done so much more. I was born in Romania the youngest of 12.My father the first year we were blessed to come to America, he was able to go back thru the hills and mountains where many poor lived and brought food and blankets and gave as much as he could. Later I had the privledge to go with him and my brother, friend from there gave us a small delivery truck and we went again. Rains had softened the mudd and one time we almost fell over but my brother lifted the back as we slowly drove thru so we would'nt tip over.We really did'nt have much to give but we saw and we helped with what we could. My parents passed away and till this day my parents teachings are with me in my heart and many choices.What I'm trying to say there is cure for poverty, the privledge of working together once their is the means, to grow and produce, food;shelter;clothes and less building of bombs,amunition.It's funny but in the movies the poorest of poor seem to have weapons and drugs but no milk and bread.

k

I agree 110% with Rosie, I couldnt believe when I saw that not 1 day but 2 days in a row Oprah talked with the parents about their ordeal and even asked Sean to " "stand up so we can all welcome you home" Yes you can see torment in his eyes, especially when O did that to him. Talk about your exploitation of children! She is out of line!!!!!

Woody

Rosie O"Donnell is the most abominal being to disgrace American TV. She is a magot and slime to anything of virtue and value.

babygirl26

I have to say that I'm getting sick and tired of Rosie finding somebody or something new everyday to bash. Oprah didn't force those people on to her show nor did she force them to bring their child. The other parents didn't want to bring their child on the show and didn't and the audience and Oprah did not mind that. Now if Rosie is bashing Oprah about having the young man on the show she is talking about the wrong person its the parents that shouldn't have brought him on the show and saying that they feel he was molested. And for the person whoever said that Oprah thinks the world is hers, please get real! Oprah makes money and lives LARGE but she also gives back to the community. She sends people to college, hell she built a school in Africa, helps reg folk get out of debt, does nice and wonderful things for avg moms, dads, brothers, sisters, etc...I didn't mind Rosie when she first started on "The View" and felt that she brought something new to the show but now I can barely watch the Hot Topics section because she has to bash and talk down somebody new everyday.

JW

I have to agree with Rosie! I love Oprah but was taken back by her interview with the boy who was kidnapped...I think that she was way to hard on him and was thinking more about her reviews, more then what he must be feeling...I was sad after watching this interview....Oprah gave away confidences which I believe he trusted her with in private.....I believe she exploited him...and this really saddens me as I have always had the most respect for Oprah...........I wish the families well and thank God that their sons are home safe......

Marlys Mulen

The post from the Canadian was fantastic. You really should read it TMZ. Rosie is saying nothing more than what any mother would say who has a true interest in someone outside herself. God, I love her honesty, it is so unbelievably refreshing. But if all of you who worship at the Winfrey altar take the time to actually read what Rosie said, you will see that she spares your God any unkind words. I found Oprah's decision to do the show in incredibly bad taste, but am more disgusted with myself for watching it because I can't get that boy's face out of my head.