Simon's Web Idol: TMZ!

1/22/2007 2:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Any "American Idol" fan will tell you that Simon Cowell is not easy to please. TMZ is doing something right, because the acerbic Brit is a fan.

Our camera spotted Cowell leaving the posh Ivy restaurant yesterday afternoon with girlfriend Terri Seymour. The idol judge had no love for a paparazzo who tried to give him a hat from his agency -- "I am not going to wear a hat!"

But when Simon spotted our cameraman, he turned that frown upsidedown. "I like TMZ.com," he cooed in his British accent.

Does that mean we're on to Hollywood?

Brother Harold, S.J.

WHY DOES EVERYONE MAKE A FUSS OVER THIS COWELL CHARACTER? HE NOT ONLY HAS NO TALENT, HE'S AN ARROGANT ASS. SEND HIM BACK TO ENGLAND, WHERE HE CAN SHARE THE HEADLINES WITH THAT OTHER QUEEN, ELIZABETH.

Wicked

I love Simon Cowell. Nice to see he was out with his girlfriend, Terri. I can't stand Paula...she needs to go in rehab immediately. She is ruining AI. And she needs to keep her paws off Simon...he is taken Paula, you no talent, hooked on something...drunk.

Wicked

#1 Simon is charming. He just has that 'something...something' that I love about him. He is a self-made man. And his newest discovery, Leona Lewis will be huge worldwide. She is so talented, and sweet in and out.

Wicked

Simon is American Idol. He is so cute.

I agree with the above poster...Paula does need rehab.

Wicked

Simon is my boyfriend. Keep your grubby little dwarf self off of him Paula.

p.s. no offense to dwarfs, honestly. I just do not like the no talent Paula.

Wicked

Saw you and Terri at the Ivy, Simon. You two are too cute. I hope you do get married and have lots of little Simon's and Terri's. OH, AND PAULA...SUCKS.

Wicked

Leona Lewis will be huge. She is awesome. I hope Simon does justice by her and puts out a great album.

Yeah...

Simon rocks!!!

...and "Crown Guy" is annoying.

Jane

Simon's a snarking narcissist which makes him totally doable!!! I once heard that Seacrest chick making cracks at him for wearing tight shirts that show off his buff upper bod but I'd much rather see Simon in a tight shirt than Seacrest in his usual, super-tight girls' jeans!!!

the wise old owl

WELL...........Simon isn't as bad as I thought he was if he likes TMZ. Shows he has good taste where it needs to be. GOOD JOB TMZ !! I LOVE YOU TOO. It shows that TMZ can please even the " hardest to please people " I would take that as an extreme compliment since Simon doesn't hand those out very often. Keep up the good work. YOU'RE AWESOME !

Wicked

#10 and YOU are NOT AWESOME.

Nick

Simon is the MAN!!!

He is awesome and hysterically funny.

TJ

Simon has something that American men lack...charm and charisma! He does have a sadistic streak by attacking idol wannabees on their looks but, nevertheless, when he speaks with that beautiful British accent and smiles..there is no sexier man alive!

Chrissy

Love love love ya Simon!!!!

linda

If it was not for simon there would be no American Idol. Everyone knows that.

linda