Old Farts Party with "Marty"

1/25/2007 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hollywood's alta cockers rolled out of bed, took off their slippers, and put on their dancing shoes to celebrate the 90th birthday of a true Hollywood legend -- Ernest Borgnine (1955's Best Actor Oscar-winner for "Marty").

TMZ's cameras caught all the "excitement" in front of trendy Madeo restaurant, where we spotted "Singin' in the Rain" legend Debbie Reynolds (74), "Law & Order" senior Dennis Farina, "Beach Blanket Bingo" star Don Rickles (80), "Mannix" Mike Connors (81), "Scarface" bad boy Robert Loggia (77), "Palm Springs Weekend" star Connie Stevens (68), and in the most random appearance of the night, "La Bamba" star Lou Diamond Phillips.

Hippo

Ernest Borgnine will always have a soft spot in my heart. I met him once, back in 1972, and my dad ate lunch with him at a studio comissary once without realizing who he was. I appreciated the fact that he was pleasant to both my dad and me, on separate occasions, and didn't act stuck up.

miz

Be nice, they made some movies that were better than some of the crap you see today.

Just remember, it tolls for thee.

coco puff

Old farts? What do you call yourself? New sh*t!!! God Bless Ernest! He's had a great career, one , many will only dream of having. Even at 90, I'd bet he could kick any of your sorry asses at TMZ!!!

Cheryl B

What a gentleman and A-1 class act. Happy Birthday!
So many good movies and tv shows he has done. I too carry a soft spot in my heart for "old hollywood." They just don't make 'em like they used to!

NoraandNorma

Oh yes, the lovely Connie Stevens, I always adored her as a kid. I remember watching a movie of hers with Timothy Hutton's father? Does anyone remember the title of that movie?

Tired and Ready for A Nap

'Marty' is such a heartbreakingly wonderful movie and Borgnine was fabulous. His Oscar was well deserved. The man has had a nice career. It's nice to know that he's still out there kicking! Good for you, Ernie! Long may you live!

ezze

Carmen, I think the movie you're thinking of is Never Too Late?
I remember Mr. Borgnine playing Dom on one of my favorite shows as a kid, Airwolf, which was basically Knight Rider but starring a helicopter instead of a talking car. He's great! I'll have to rent Marty next.

Lisa G.

Nice to see that he is still going strong. Meet him once when I was a teenager at a Masonic Lodge event. Gave out autographs and was very pleasant; not stand-off-ish like the hollywood stars you see now.

As others have said...they don't make them like the used too!

jojan

The sound effects.......completly stupid and annoying!!!!! Show some respect for people that deserve it!!! shame on you!!!

Cindy

I despise the tone of this article! There is nothing wrong with growing old, and plenty of older people continue to be active and enjoy life.

The 90th birthday of an Academy Award winning actor is definitely worth celebrating!

David

The "fart" overs was really outta place. These are some venerable actors, none of whom ever made the trash rags, and deserve more respect than what TMZ has afforded .................... tacky TMZ - you should be ashamed.

Hans

Your sound effects are totally uncalled for! How dare you insult these people who were giants in hollywood . SHOW SOME RESPECT! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it would be a very wise thing to put some type of an apology up on this site and soon . You know Robert Loggia probably has mob connections.

Great Doo

It's one thing to recognize the accomplishments of a wonderful actor and legend out on the town celebrating a mile stone birthday with piers and it's another thing when TMZ has to stoop to new lows with undeserving sound effects. They are tacky and you should remove them- It does not do your site any good- It was probably posted by a very young imature individual that has no idea who these real celebrities are and how they contributed to Hollywood as we knew it-

Hans

Show some respect .your sound effects are are cruel and uncalled for!

webjamin2

A absolute lack of respect for those who have given decades of entertainment to so many people.
Shame on TMZ for the lack of dignity and respect these fine actors deserve.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments