Brandy Sued

for $50 Million

1/30/2007 6:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

013007_brandy_norwood_wmThe parents of the woman killed in a car crash involving Brandy are suing the R&B singer for $50 million.

TMZ obtained the lawsuit filed today in Los Angeles County Superior Court. Lawyers for the family of the deceased claim, "Defendant Brandy Norwood was driving recklessly in the freeway when her car collided with Awatif Aboudihaj's car."

The $50 million lawsuit seeks both compensatory and punitive damages.

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles City Attorney is considering the CHP's recommendation to criminally charge Brandy with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter.

ezze

I want to be black so I can kill people and have the poverty pimps Sharpton and Jackson back me up.

Amanda

What happened to that Lane Garrison?

Only in

Farrah, Stop attacking the world.

PDX

Farrah, why did you have to say "some Jew lawyer"? Don't you realize that only makes you look like a hypocritical bigot after everything you have posted before? That was pretty disappointing.

Mel

Not surprised they are suing. Lots of public outcry over this whole situation. Brandy will have a lot of distress over this as well as the victim's family. Hopefully the victim's family is prepared for the long, painful road ahead in the media spotlight and in the courtroom.

coco puff

The Jews are the biggest RACISTS! They hate African Americans more than any whites. Jessie was right when he called NY himmie town, for real! That Jew mayor don't give a sh*t about us! I will never stop my fight against RACISM. NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!!!!

screechisgross

Y'all need to leave my girl Brandy alone. She ROCKS!!!

duh

People are jumping to conclusions. Sharpton and Jackson haven't even said anything yet. That man was an Arab not a Black Civil Right Leader so until either Jackson or Sharpton say something about putting in there two cents we should jump to conclusions that they will back up Brandy. They probably feel just like the majority of us that she (BRANDY) should be charged to the fullest extent of the law since she broke silence and started yelling that it was her fault. You can't take back statements like that now that lawsuits are being filed. Take a second and think about it if it were your mother, sister, brother, father, grandparents or other loved ones being killed by a person of another ethnicity. We would all be running down to the courthouses filling lawsuits.

Just think about morally, common sense wise and rationally.

make me gag

You f***ing racist f***er can all die. I hope that all of your children are f***ing killed in a car wreck. american is a f***ing trip.

Jeana

They'll work it out. BTW, what do Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have to do with this? They haven't said anything about this situation, nor has Brandy asked them to. Also, the NAACP has not gotten involved either. Project Islamic HOPE is a completely different organization.

screechisgross

Uh yeah... Just kidding about my comment above. Brandy definately DOES NOT rock. She is such a dumbass whore who needs to serve time. I feel so badly for the family of the person she killed.

Angel

FARRAH...
I'm with you on fighting racism but I think you need to start with yourself...

Seriously some of the sh*t that you say makes me actually ashamed to think that we're the same race. you're no better than the racist white posters that people clown on

not everything is about race, brandy needs to be sued and tried like any other person. her actions killed a person! you need to think about instead of playing the case card all the time because you sound IGNORANT

free4all

LOL Good sue the broad! I hope they take for for everything she has! oh by the way everybody sues these days whites,blacks and arabs! Admit you screw up you gotta pay!

kel

It was an accident. It's not like she was planning on mowing some woman down on the freeway that day. Let me guess, all that money they might win is going to make them feel better at the end of the day?? they are trying to make some kind of point, but Brandy has enough to pay them and make them go away, but that lady is still dead at the end of the day. It's a lost cause on both ends.

Sam

Good luck to the family, that poor woman lost her life coz of this worthless bitch, who care if she ends up broke and in prison.
F*** U BRANDY!