"Sex and the City" Star Boohoos for Barbaro

1/31/2007 2:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kristin Davis has a soft spot for stiff horses.

The usually cheery actress, whose "Sex and the City" character loved her equine friends, was irate when asked about the death of Barbaro, the Kentucky Derby winner euthanized Monday after a long struggle with leg trouble since fracturing an ankle in the Preakness Stakes.

Davis was short with photogs, yelling, "I don't wanna talk about it, please, please!" before trotting away.

Celeb chef Mario Batali had more horse sense, calling the death "a tragedy."

karencarpenter

I hate to see animals suffer. Most people tho'...

JEB

"...soft spot for stiff horses..." ?? You a**holes.

dumpling

Pardon my ignorance but why would this question even come up? Not that I don't feel bad for the horse....don't jump down my throat.

coco puff

She's the hottest girl on sex and the city. She reminds me of Mary Anne from Gilligan's Island. I had a crush on her too. As far as Barbaro goes, the horse should of been put down after the race. It was very cruel of the owners to prolong the inevitable. Just because the horse was famous, you have to do the right thing. That poor animal suffered for 8 months, needlessly. Any vet would tell you the same thing. That was a extremely bad, multiple fracture. Horses are euthanized for much less severe fractures.

PerezSux

Thats the most inane question to put to celebrities. Does your crack staff for morons have nothing more interesting/entertaining/newsworthy to come up with?

???

Time for the glue factory! HA HA HAAAAAAAA

sam

I don't get it. What does Kristin Davis have to do with Barbaro? I don't think your "stiff horse" remark was necessary. What's wrong with your staff and or editors??

mar

honeslty, I am glad to see that I am not the only person upset by this. These beautiful animals are totally exploited by himans for entertainment, where their lives should be filled with more natural circumstances. Barbaro was a baby, 4 years old, his life was cut way too short for such an amazing animal.

ezze

Hey why don't you guys ask David Hasselhoff what he thinks of the Challenger explosion? WTF does actor Kristin Davis have to do with a championship horse being put down?

We, are not amused.

Imagine that...getting "upstaged" by a dead ass horse!
Whoa Nelly!

Mike

You guys are mean! Maybe you also lack a sensitivity chip.

We, are not amused.

Joke 'em if they can't take a fu*ck....

Jay

I heard on the radio this morning that the Sex in the City movie is currently in production. I hope it's true.

Poor horse. :o(

Dan Nedelko

You people are f**ked - "stiff" horse? Have a little bit of tact - the horse was ranked up among the greatest horses in history, including Secretariat.

Shortly before his death he was undergoing extreme pain in all four legs. How about having some kind of class? Unless of course the extreme 9 month painful rehab of an animal is something you find amusing?

Not alot. Just - a little.

Team Kim

Unless of course, his name is Mr. Ed.....

What dumbass question to ask anyone...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments