Reese and Ryan Reunited ... for Kids

2/1/2007 2:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe made their first public appearance together, exactly three months after their October 30 split -- which was first reported by TMZ. The estranged couple accompanied daughter Ava to her school play in Brentwood, and brought younger son Deacon along as well.

Sources connected to the former couple tell TMZ that despite this joint appearance, there is "no way" that the couple is getting back together, but the relationship is "civil" now. We're also told that there was plenty of bad blood at the time they separated, caused in large part by the revelation that another woman appears to have been involved with Ryan, an alleged dalliance that infuriated Reese. Still, it seems that the two actors, married for seven years, are attempting a rapprochement of sorts, at least for their children.

In the couple's divorce petition, obtained by TMZ, Witherspoon asked the court for joint legal custody of the children, and for primary physical custody. She also asked the court to block any attempt by Phillippe to get spousal support.

sandy wood

I agree, Farrahh should get over herself. It has nothing to do with blond and white. It's just sad no matter what you skin color is. At least they are trying to do the best for their kids. I agree get an education and join the world, contribute and learn . OH by the way you're one of the few out there that thinks OJ didn't do it. But then again I think he's still looking for the real killer and won't stop till someone is caught.

S.W.

I'm sorry- I meant the 21st century.

.:coquin:.

farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools! farrah is white fools!
I AM THE ONLY REAL BLACK HERE AND FARRAH IS HERE EVERYDAY TRYING TO HOLLAR OUT LIKE SHE BLACK WHEN SHE AS WHITE AS FARRAH FAWCETT
WE DON'T WANT YOU FARRAH AND BELIEVE ME, WE DO NOT NEED YOU TO HELP OUR CAUSE
YOU PUT US BACK 100 YEARS YOU WHITE GIRL
DO NOT FALL FOR HER HE IS TRYING TO GET YA'LL TO FIGHT
MAKIN NIGGAZ LOOK LIKE FREAKZ
GROW UP LITTLE GIRL
STUDY HALL IS ALMOST OVER, TIME FOR NEXT PERIOD
BELIVE ME YOU DON'T WANT ME TO FIND YOU

lissabell

This has nothing to do with this post but, FARRAH I realize you get your jollies off on reading people's comments to your ignorant posts but I have to say this. How can you sit and say that the white "crackers" get away with everything when OJ got away with murder? Here's the thing: you believe OJ is innocent, yet if a white person is innocent, like you believe OJ is, and they get off, it is a racist thing? I honestly don't know why I am wasting my time replying to you but I have nothing better to do today.

TRM

Why is this about race? There is always someone trying shed a negative light on everything. As a person of color i am sick of it. This couple has set aside their differences to try to provide their children with a stable environment.

Carl

Guys, just ignore Farrah's comments. It's obvious she's doing this for attention , nothing more.

Amy

Well at least they know a TON better then Britney Spears and Kevin Federline who act like as if they are immature and irresponbile
At least these 2 know better

I only hope things work out

Katie

I do hope Reese will forgive Ryan and start all over again with their family..Plus Ryan doesn't seem arrogant of his divorce file in fact he wants to amend Reese opposite to Brad who left his wife and went to another woman and go public ..That's a shame...

gettheboysawayfromher

Farrah, funny about your name, do you wish you were a white girl? i dont know too many people who have that name, especially if they are black. you blacks that talk like you make me laugh, it is reverse discrimination, lady! and about oj, i hate to even write his murderous name down, he is guilty where he is black, purple, etc, get over it, the world isnt against you you are angry because you are black (in your case, not everyone else)
as far as Reese is concerned, i cannot believe her, he cheated on her, the jerk that he is, and came home and said lets get this over with! he could have easily gone to the show alone, he said recently he missed his family, if she takes him back, he will do it again, and worse, reese please use your head not your heart

Dee

Farrah, IF you're for real ... you're a disgrace to your race. As someone posted, most people don't play the race card with the exception of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. People descend to play the TRASH card: There is WHITE trash and there is BLACK trash ... but act with CLASS and you ascend the trash pile!
To borrow from Jennifer Anniston: Life is hard, wear a helmet!

Dee

20. I'd like everyone to know that Farrah is not black... It is so obvious (rolls eyes)

Posted at 3:01PM on Feb 1st 2007 by Celebrity Status...Unknown
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I AGREE ... I FORGOT TO SPECIFICALLY MENTION THAT.

S.W.

Now I just wanted to say something that is not really relevant to the topic. This goes out to a special racist someone (y'all know who I'm talking about. Farrah). I know you think that racism is still out there and its true it is but it doesn't really help when you counter attack with racist remarks yourself. I'm black too; and I go to a predominately white college and never look at anyone skin color and i'm not about to start now. Like I said before go and get an education. And- how do I said this in a nice way- STOP BEING A RACIST BITCH. I've read a lot of blogs and the majority of the comments I see is you turning every single small topic into a racist one. The only reason why people are acting in a racist way is because you keep pissing them off with your wannabe racsit tirade. I'm all for diversity and don't see myself as just a black girl andi'm pretty sure you're not just a black girl either. No, I think you're a white woman. And I'll say it again- STOP BEING A RACIST BITCH. And if you don't know todays date its Feburary 1,2007. Change the date on your computer while your trying to get that degree online.

On a more relevant issue, these two are probably the only mature couple in hollywood. At least you don't see Reese flashing people everywhere she goes and Ryan isn't trying to star in lame fast food commercials. They're actually trying to take care of their kids.

S.W.

By the way Farrah

If OJ was innocent, why the hell did he write a book on how HE WOULD'VE KILLED HIS WIFE? IF HE HAD DID IT OF COURSE?

tia

Farrah, haven't seen you on these posts in a while. Thought that maybe you had checked yourself in and were getting the mental health help that you desperately need. Only a sick person would throw comments out there only to stir up trouble. Get another hobby.
As far as Reese and Ryan go, it is really sad that they split up, no matter what the reason. Hollywierd is really tough on a marriage. I feel bad for the kids.

Nic

Why do any of you even respond to Farrah's obvious attempt to get attention. Anyway, I think it's great that these parents are both staying involved in their children's lives. I always thought that they were a sweet down to earth couple, but what do I know! Good luck to them and all families going thru divorce!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments