Pregnant Anna Got Methadone, Demerol

2/14/2007 2:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained documents that show how an 8-months pregnant Anna Nicole Smith scored methadone during her pregnancy -- and the prescription may have been illegal.

TMZ also obtained an air bill dated August 8, 2006, that states a package containing Demerol (30 pills), a morphine-like drug, Dalmane (30 pills), a sleeping pill, and injectable vials of vitamin B12 were sent to Vickie Marshall in the Bahamas. Vickie Marshall is Anna Nicole's legal name. This afternoon, the doctor who sent the medication to Anna told TMZ it was not written for her, even though it was mailed to her. He would not reveal to TMZ for whom it was written.

TMZ has also obtained a prescription dated August 25, 2006 written to a Michelle Chase for 500 ml of methadone (5mg/5ml solution). Michelle Chase was also a name used by Anna. According to California law, it's illegal to give a false name or false address "in connection with the prescribing, furnishing, administering, or dispensing of a controlled substance."

TMZ has also obtained a separate air bill, dated the very same day, that shows a package containing 500 ml of methadone was sent to Vicky Marshall in the Bahamas.

We're told one of the main reasons Larry Birkhead broke off his relationship with Smith was because she was doing drugs while pregnant. Birkhead has accused Stern of facilitating Smith's drug use.

Dannielynn was born September 7, 2006.

Remembering Anna Nicole Smith: Click to launch photos

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Duane

many of you are saying that the drugs ANS was taking while pregnant were perfectly safe. But what you all seemed to have failed to see these were not prescribed by her baby doctor. Somewhere I read that she and HKS took them all made in some kind of coctail mixed with orange juice. So think about Daniel's death he had 7/10 times the doses. Perhaps what you should be thinking about is the amount of these drugs she was taking.

Mary Toothman

Get the baby back in the U.S. and away from Stern. I don't know about letting Virgie have custody of Danielynn, but that child needs to get away from the life she has had since being born. Nothing made any sense in her mother's life and thus the aftermath that has followed her demise. I don't think a grieving mother would be so concerned about her appearance and getting a new tatoo and having a "committment ceremony" and let someone purchase photos of her c-section and other personal photos. It's just awful. When you hurt and are so very depressed, you could not care less about how you look! Ask any person suffering from extreme depression.

beth

May Anna be buried next to her Son Daniel as was her wish. Shame ! on her Mother..

Christina

I think ANS was a drug addict, disillusioned if you ask me,,then she hookep up with infatuated fool HKS who had a plan,,finish Daneil, then Anna,,then claim his daddy and disappear, if anything he's the enabler in the whole situation. shame on his dumb ass anyway
poor kid i agree Brangelina should adopt her,,lol!!!

diva

Regarding aj's post, about using narcotic painkillers while pregnant, because of gall stones? CHANGE YOUR DIET!!

Everyone says, ooo, old howie doesnt show emotion, he doesnt look up, blah blah blah...has no one ever experienced genuine GRIEF?? One does not necessarily CRY and SOB uncontrollably for DAYS. There comes a time when all the body can feel is NUMB. These periods usually hit after crying jags, at least, that has been my experience. I have suffered grief at the loss of loved ones before, as have we all, and I see nothing wrong with his reaction. If he were sobbing uncontrollably, or so hard that he vomitted or snotted all over, or whatever, everyone would be saying how FAKE it was, how he "overdid" it, whatever. The man is damned if he does, and damned if he doesnt. Everyone said the same thing about Anna when ET first showed the interviews after her son died, and all I could see was genuine grief, but apparently, I was the only one. Just about everyone else was bashing her for "faking" her grief.
HKS talked about getting stronger to fight for Dannielynn, and I wonder if he didnt mean kicking his own little habit, if, in fact, he has one.

donna

i at first felt bad for howard.but i see he was trying to control her by medicating her..i think he is responsible for anna and daniels death..give the baby to larry birkhead..he is the father and it will come out..i just hope it is not too long for this to happen because the baby is bonding with howard and larry is missing out ..the poor baby will then be taken from howard..who is all she really knows and thrown with another perso..i wish they would just think of the baby and do the dna now!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie Knapp

I am not a lawyer knowledgable in legal jargon and law...but let's see.
Common sense tells me:
Daniel got off plane and into room. he was hungry. Howard WENT and got
him some food. He eats. Then complains he is tired...takes a nap and never
wakes up...
Next, Anna Nicole.. yeah sure, she is having a good time drinking at the
bar a few nights in a row before she dies...but let's see this one.
She is in her room the day of her death... she bathes, she EATS a nice meal,
then takes a nap and never wakes up...hmmmmmmm something's wrong
here. Was a large cocktail of RX drugs mixed and put in their food by HKS
so he could get baby (his name on birth certificate) and the money??
Daniel only one in will...how convenient.. he is out of way... then poor Anna
gone.. HKS thinks" She didn't love me anyway and now no one can have her?
Poor Daniel--- innocent victim and poor Anna- stayed too long with her
staulker/obsessed friend-HKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Kim

I LOVED ANNA NICOLE SHE WAS A SMALL TOWN GIRL THAT FALLOWED HER DREAM AND MADE IT . HOW RARE AND IT TOOK ALOT TO DO SO . I THINK ANNA NICOLE WAS A WONDERFUL MOTHER TO HER SON ALTHOUGH SHE HAD A DISEASE , DRUGS ARE LIKE CANCER THEY GRAB A HOLD AND TAKE OVER . IF SHE DIED OF CANCER WHAT WOULD YOU ALL BE SAYING ?NOT THAT IT WAS OK BUT SHE REALLY HAD NO ONE TO TURN TO THAT REALLY LOVED HER ENOUGH TO FIGHT HER TO GET OFF DRUGS . ITS NOT AN EASY FIGHT IM SURE HOWEVER I FELL THAT HER FAMILY WANTED MONEY HER FRIENDS ALL WANTED TO RIDE ON HER COAT TAILS . SO MONEY WAS AT THE ROOT OF ALL THIS. NO ONE REALLY KNOWS AND WE NEVER WILL . MY HEART IS BREAKIN FOR DANNIELYNN AS SHE THE ONE THAT WILL GROW UP TO READ ALL OF THIS AND NOT KNOW THE LOVE THAT HER MOM HAD FOR HER. I DO THINK LARRY IS THE DADDY BUT ITS A GUESS WE JUST DONT KNOW . AND IF HE IS I BELIVE THAT ANNA WAS SO AFFRAID THAT DRUGS WOULD CAUSE LARRY TO TAKE DANNIELYNN THAT SHE ACTED AS A SCARED MOM AND RAN NOT RIGHT BY ANY MEANS BUT NOT SURPRIZING . AS FAR AS HOWARD I DO BELIVE HE LOVED ANNA NICOLE MORE THAN ANYONE BUT HE JUST DID NT KNOW HOW TO GET HER OFF OF DRUGS WITH OUT LOSING HER ITS TRAGIC ALL THE WAY AROUND . HER MOTHER VERGIE SHES SICK !!! AS IM SURE SHE LOVED VICKEY BUT USED ANNA AND THATS WHY THE WERE APART . WHAT KIND OF GRANDMOTHER SELLS THE STORY OF HER SONS GRAVE ?? ANNA WENT TO GREAT LEANGTHS TO HIDE WHERE DANNIEL WAS LAID TO REST TO ENSURE HE WOULD FINNALLY GET PEACE AND VERGIE GOES TO A TABLOID TO GAIN MONEY SHAME ON YOU ! VERGIE IF YOU REALLY LOVED THEM YOU WOULD OF SAVED PENNIES TO GO THERE BEFORE YOU ALLOWED THE MEDIA TO FIND HIM. DO YOU REALLY THINK ANNA DIDNT GIVE HER SON A HEAD STONE TO SAVE MONEY ? PLZ SHE WANTED HIM TO BE AT REST. AND KNOW THEY WILL BOTH BE VISTED BY ANYONE WHO CARES TO SEE THEM . AND HOW PRIVATE WILL ANNAS FUNERAL BE ???? AS WE ALL KNOW WHERE TO GO SEE IT . AND YOU TOOK SPLASH TO THE BODY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ?????????? IM SURE YOU COULD OF GOTTEN A RIDE WITH LARRY AND SEEN ANNA WITH OUT TAKING THE CHANCE OF IT BEING A HEADLINE TOMAROW . JUST KNOW YOU WILL HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS TO DANNIELYNN ONE DAY IF SHE DOESNT HATE YOU THE WAY HER MOMMY DID

valerie

HOWARD K STERN KILLED ANNA AND DANIEL. HE WANTS TO CONTINUE TO LIVE OFF ANNA'S MONEY. HE FIGURES IF I HAVE THE BABY IN MY POSSESSIN THEN LATER ON YRS. FROM NOW SHE MYSTERIOUSLY DIES I GOT ALL THE MONEY. HE FIGURED HE WOULD MAKE A WILL FOR DANNILYNN AND HE IS NEXT OF KIN. HE WAS A LAWYER AFTER ALL. SMART TOO PLAYS AND LOOKS DUMB BUT HE IS A THIEF AND A KILLER. PUT HIM AWAY. LET THE TRUTH COME OUT NOW..

valerie

IF LARRY ISN'T THE FATHER IT IS HOWARD MARSHALL'S BABY. ANNA HAD HIS SEMEN FROZEN AND NOW SHE MAY REALLY HAVE ALL THE MONEY..

diva

You know, everyone accuses Howard K Stern of using Anna as his personal "cash cow" but no one ever points out that he MADE MONEY FOR ANNA, NOT HIMSELF. Face it, the man is 38 years old and he was not exactly living "high on the hog". Sure he was in the public with Anna but did you EVER see him approach photographers and interviewers and pose for pictures or give interviews?? NO. NEVER did he do these things. He was always in the background. I feel like he was never very comfortable in Anna's "public", I know a lot of posters on this message board have accused him of "lurking" but "lurking" is what you do when you are the designated purse carrier or dog watcher or whatever. He never interjected himself into her photo ops or her interviews. He never attempted to "steal her thunder", the way some of her "Friends" (bobby trendy) did. He acted the way a "manager" would act, the way some managers BETTER act before their "charges" wind up like Anna did (are you listening Lindsey and Brit?). According to the testimony he gave this week, she was his only client AFTER a few years (I believe he said 2000) and he did not give up his practice until then or after. I can easily imagine Anna asking him to work exclusively for her, it appears she did this with more than one person. I think Howard is taking A LOT of flack with everything. I do not know that anyone else would have been accused of the things he has been accused of. If Kimmie had lasted as long as he did, and SHE had been around instead of him, would everyone be accusing HER of murdering Daniel and Anna?
I think Howard loved Anna, the best way he knew how. I think he did what he THOUGHT he had to do to keep her happy. I believe that Larry SHOULD have done more to help her get off drugs if he was so concerned. If you love someone the way he says he loved Anna, he would have gone to her doctors and told them what was "going on" in the room with the alleged duffel bag. He would have "ratted" her and Howard out, no matter the consequences, because he would have been doing what had to be done to make sure she and the baby stayed healthy. But he didnt. He is just as much to blame as anyone else, maybe more so, because their's was the "obvious" relationship.
That he hasnt been raked over the coals surprises me more than anything else.

vanessa

I was addicted to methadone and it sucks .I have been methadone free for 4 years but I will never be the same .If I was able to afford living in a drug haze I would have....I still crave now .I wish that I didn`t . I did downers to escape my reality I was not a bad person and maybee Anna is too, If you saw me now there is no way you would ever know my secret (don`t be quick to judge)

vanessa

This is for "recovering" I have never heard such utter bullshit in my life "methadone has the same engredience as crystal meth!!!" what a crock ! crystal meth is an upper, methadone is a DOWNER ... DO YOU UNDERSTAND.sheese

smarterthanthat

what condition did ans have (other than addiction) that would warrant such prescriptions? How could hks watch her torture her unborn baby?

tk

GET THAT BABY OUT OF THE HOUSE AND AWAY FROM HKS........ASAP!!!! Let a foster family watch over her until paternity is settled. That poor baby......she was probably born addicted. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP HER ESCAPE!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments