The Doctor Who Scored Methadone for Anna Nicole

2/14/2007 7:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Sandeep Kapoor was by Anna Nicole's side when she participated in West Hollywood's Gay Pride Parade back in 2005. He also prescribed methadone when Smith was eight months pregnant.

TMZ obtained documents which show that on August 25, 2006, just 13 days before Smith gave birth, Dr. Kapoor wrote a prescription for methadone. The prescription, RX#2846735, was written for Michelle Chase. TMZ has learned that Michelle Chase was an alias Anna Nicole used. Under California law, it's illegal to prescribe a controlled substance to a false name.

That same day, Key Pharmacy in the San Fernando Valley filled the prescription and sent it to "Vicky Marshall" (sic) in the Bahamas. Vickie Marshall is Anna Nicole's legal name.

TMZ contacted Dr. Kapoor, a 1996 graduate of Boston University School of Medicine, who said, "No comment."

TMZ also contacted Key Pharmacy. The owner said patient privacy laws prevent him from commenting.
View The Docs: Click hereAnna Nicole Gallery: Click to launch gallery

Mary-Ellen Biros

HK$ is definately a fruitloop. Something is so off here. I mean, come on, he sells himself out to all 3 entertainment shows by letting them come in and film him gojng through his home in the Bahamas. If I had just lost my husband, I was robbed and I was about to lose my career, I would want my privacy. He is a grunt and I really believe he enable Anna Nicole so that she would stay. He is an abuser who only cares about himself. If he were in fact the father of Dannielyn, he'd have that blood test done by now!

Lu

Regarding 227. I was the one on her left. I didnt think much of the Dr. I atually didnt know he was a Dr. Untill I needed medication for insomnia... I never went to him for any reason though...
Just because she got a prescription from him at 8 mo. pregnant, I doubt she took it then.
He followed the car the whole way.... durring the entire parade.
Im sure kapur will get in trouble of some sorts... but she didnt die of a metodone overdose.

Posted at 12:02PM on Feb 15th 2007 by Sandy

Sandy dear, first of all, learn how to speak and write proper English. You spelled the doctors name wrong and it is METHADONE not metodone. And how do you know what she or didn't die from? Are you a medical examiner? (Hardly).

You seem to be just another one of the circus followers wanting to jump right in the middle of the ring.

SALVADDA

I'm interested in knowing the father of Anna's son who just passed........anyone??

Lu

Okay - I just have to say that this whole saga is really getting out of hand. And this pompous judge in Florida is not helping the situation.

No matter what your thoughts are about ANS (& I am not a fan in any sense of the word), I do know this. Her mother says "I want to take her back to Texas to be buried with her family". Her son Daniel WAS her family. She obviously loved this boy very much. Let her be buried next to her son. What kind of mother would not want that for her own child? Vergie needs to let go.

And yes, can the DNA tests just be done already? The sooner they know who the father is, the sooner the healing can begin.

As far as ANS using drugs, which is seems obviously she was, I find it extremely sad that this woman (who so desperately wanted to be loved but thought the only way to do it was to surround herself by media feeders and showing off the ONLY talent she had (her bOObs)), couldn't have had the greatest love of all and that would have been an intervention to show her just how much she was loved and how worried those around her truly were.

Anna was no Marilyn - she couldn't act, she could barely speak and walk at times. She was a victim of her own making and her "companions" should all be ashamed of themselves.

ANNETTE

I WILL GREATLY MISS ANA AS I LOVED ELVIS , AND JFK JR. SHE WILL BE IN MY HEART FOREVER, JUST ONLY FOR THE PASSING OF HER SON NO MOTHER COULD EVER ACCEPT TO LOOSE ACHILD, ESPECIALLY HE WAS THE ONLY ONE IN HER LIFE THAT REALLY LOVED HER FOR THE GREAT MOTHER SHE WAS . SHE CERTAINLY BLOW VIRGI AWAY WITH HER MOTHERLY LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LetHerRest!!

Ok, first, I have been a Chronic Pain patient for almost 10 years. That being said, I've been prescribed many meds including very strong narcotics such as Methadone as treatment for my pain conditions (thankfully, I now have a Morphine Pump implanted in my abdomen that now controls my pain & also has saved my life!), I digress, Methadone is what's known as a "Triplicate" prescription narcotic pain reliever, NOT just prescribed for junkies on Heroin like everyone's been trying to say. It's also monitored through the state in which it's written in & you must show your ID in order to pick this type of med up from any pharmacy - PERIOD! I'm not saying by any means that the alias person couldn't have done the transaction, or that this Dr. wasn't just paid very well to get this med to her. It is a Federal crime to dispense this type of med & send it via mail, air mail, delivery service, etc. ESPECIALLY out of the country! IF this is true, this doctor will probably lose his license, pay a huge fine, as well as serve time in Prison.
If she was taking this medication DURING her pregnancy, it IS safe in the last trimester which was when she was prescribed it. She had several surgeries in the past year, not to mention a C-section, those are all reasons for her to be on the meds. Also, depending on the amount taken, it would've shown up in the baby's blood at birth. If she was taking the amounts her "mom" say she was taking, the baby would have been born addicted to it & we certainly would have heard about it sooner than now. She wouldn't have been able to even take Dannielynn home. IF she was on Methadone, I'm pretty sure was prescribed for her pain.

All that being said, I am SO disappointed in the chaos that's been going on with everyone accusing HKS for "obtaining the drugs, feeding her drugs, and keeping her sedated" so he could control her. It makes me sick. If anyone had control in their relationship, it was definitely her, not Stern. I'm sorry but Virgie is a no good, trailer trash, money hungry "mom" who has no decorum at all by going on National TV the day after her daughter's death saying that she was a liar & a drug addict as well as anything else rude & crude she could say about the daughter she claims she loves so much. I find that really sad.
All she wants is to get custody of the "money baby"! Anna HATED her as well as others in her family. She had no relationship with ANY of them because SHE didn't want one, not because of HKS keeping her away from them.

Also, this so called "best friend" Jackie Hatten, how come we've never heard of her before? She's so close to her yet she calls her Ana instead of Anna, yeah, right. She sure listed off those drug names pretty quickly if you ask me! She looks like a trailer trash drug addict herself!! She's just trying to get her own 15 minutes in the spotlight so she can cash in off of Anna too, just like everyone else. It's no wonder she was estranged from all of these people!! It's funny how they're all saying that they've always been afraid that HKS was detrimental to Anna's life and that he was just using her & keeping her sedated, etc..., but where were these people back before all of this started? I never heard any of this back then. If they were all so concerned, why is it no one has ever come out before now saying any of this? If they were so concerned, why didn't they make a report to child services or to the police? Because they weren't concerned until those money signs got too big in their eye sockets, that's why!!

Let the poor woman rest in peace! So what if she lived a crazy life! That's her business & last time I checked, THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY!!!

~RIP Anna Nicole Smith~

truth sleuth

Just because someone does drugs does not mean no one loved them or tried to stop them. Not all interventions work and you cannot force anyone into rehab, the law just doesn't allow for it. One of the first things addicts do is rid themselves of those trying to stop them and surround themselves with enablers or co-addicts. Having pushed and pushed an addict into rehab on four separate ocassions and standing by him being supportive, he finally got rid of me and hooked up with someone that would not only allow him to do as he pleased to himself but joined in the "fun". To hear him tell it though you would hear the same garbage ANS said about her family, "no one ever loves him BLAH BLAH BLAH" As heartbreaking as it it it gets to the point you have to let go and pray they don't die on the way down to rock bottom.

Mary P.

"""" 276. This is an obvious Larry Birkhead photo.... I had my camera that day and in alsmost all my shots, Larry is stalking and shooting pics of her....
He followed the car the whole way.... durring the entire parade.""""

If he was stalking her, then why did she pose for him (she's looking right at the camera)? And why did she start dating him? If you are who you say you are, you probably might know that.

And as I said before, just getting methadone itself isn't the issue. We've seen hundreds of posts for how it's *safer*. For someone who couldn't stand to stick a needle into her own body, I find it hard she was addicted to heroin in the first place. If it was for pain management, there are safer alternatives when pregnant.

But even if THAT'S not the issue, she was given narcotics AND sedatives on top of the methadone at 8 months pregnant. Airlines won't fly you if you are that far along, and travel is forbidden by any OB with half a brain at that time. Not to mention, any real doc scribig meds would check through the OB first. But that means she wasn't even seen for a scrip to be written. This isn't a refill to where she wouldn't need to be seen, this is a new scrip.

For those that say it was for after the birth, how exactly is a doctor supposed to forsee the future that she'd have immense pain and have trouble sleeping? Even for the first few weeks, you are still under OB care anyways. And unless you've actually visited her after the birth, it's dangerous to prescribe so many body and mood altering meds for post partum women.

BTW, there was a pic that I saw in a magazine last night (US Weekly I believe, the February 12th edition) of Dannielynn at 2 months and she IS quite small, she looks to be only a few weeks old. Her eyes also look a bit sunk in and a bit pasty. It's the only pic I could find or see of her between birth and the last few weeks.

ANNETTE

Another thing that just eats at me , is that how ANS made her way to fame should NEVER be judged by anyone , when the entire country is so corrupt in it's own way. Politics, Doctors, other stars, torrie spelling , her father got her into acting because who he was, Paris Hilton, we would have never known of her if there were no Hilton Hotels!!!!! we can go on and on with how people made it to hollywood, but the point here is ANS did it her way and Made it with no-ones help from the start of her career. She had courage and, was said to be so insecure around crowds, that was a reflection from her childhood. She had never gotten any confidence or incouragement from her estranged mother, so she DID IT HER WAY!!!!!!!!!! As ELVIS did and everyone else.
Please Pray ANS WILL BE RESTED NEXT TO HER SON WHEREVER, IF THEY HAVE TO MOVE HIM TO ANOTHER STATE, SHE NEEDS TO BE NEXT TO HIM AS SHE HAD PURSCHASED IN OCT. HER OWN PLOT NEAR HIM THAT IS A GREAT AN IMPORTANT STATEMENT IN IT'S SELF.
OH BEFORE I END THIS COMMENT . HOW DID THIS JUDGE GET FROM BEING A TAXI CAB DRIVER TO A JUDGE IN A COURT OF LAW????????? ANSWER THAT ONE!!

got2no

281. I AS WELL AS MANY PEOPLE WHO DID TRULEY ADMIRE ANS ARE SO DEVASTED, BUT SHE IS SI GONE WE WILL NEVER ENJOY SEEING HER ANYMORE, SHE WAS SO HARD TO WATCH ON HER REALITY SHOW BUT IT WAS SO HARD NOT TO WATCH. I BELIEVE HER ESTRANGED MOTHER WAS THE ROOT TO ALL HER PROBLEMS. ALL ANS EVER WANTED WAS TO BE LOVED FIRST THE OF COUURSE ALL THE FAME. BUT HER CREEPY MOTHER NEVER GAVE HER ANY LOVE , SUPPORT, ADVICE, EVEN WHEN ANS CALLED HER MOM TO TELL HER DANIEL DIED, VIRGI NEVER CALLED ANS BACK, BUT HAD THE GOLL TO SHOW HER FACE ON THE NEWS CNN I THINK, STATING ANS KILLED HER ON SON HOW SICK WHEN ANS LOVED , AND LIVED FOR HIM. REMEMBER SHE WAS HIS SOLE SUPPORTED AND DID A GREAT JOB, CONTRARY TO SOME PEOPLES BELIEF ON HOW SHE SUPPORTED HIM. I AM A MOTHER AND I WOULD DO JUST THE SAME TO SUPPORT MY SON IF NEED BE. UNFORTUNATELY DRUGS TO FOLLOW IN THAT LIFESTYLE, WITH EVERYONE IN THE SPOTLIGHT. SO WHY HOLD HER DRUGS AGAINST HER, WHEN SHE REALLY NEEDED TO GET THROUGH DANIELS DEATH AND NO-ONE WAS EVER THERE TO REALLY COMFORT HER. IMPORTANT kimmeeeeeeeee WHERE ARE YOU HELP US OUT WITH THE MUCH INFO YOU HAVE AFTER LIVING WITH HER ALL THE YEARS. MAYBE WE CAN GET SOME GOOD FEEDBACK FROM YOU.

Posted at 10:27AM on Feb 16th 2007 by ANNETTE

ANNETTE
There are many people who have had WORSE hardships in their lives and did NOT act the way ANS did.... please don't use that for an excuse for her trashy behavior, use of drugs and her hatred towards her mother. Unfortunately it is people like you who made those excuses that turned her life into a circus like atmoshere that her death has become as well. If HKS wants to give her a chance of leaving this world with dignity....HE WOULD SUBMIT TO A DNA TEST, TURN THE BABY OVER TO THE RIGHT FATHER AND THEN HE CAN BURY ANS NEXT TO HER SON WHERE SHE OBVIOUSLY WANTED TO BE ... What are you afraid of HKS get the needle and find another FREE ride!!!!
I wish this whole thing would end and I think HKS has the power to make that happen, I suppose the longer he drags this out the more his face is on t.v.....without ANS he will go back to being a NOBODY!!!!!!!

LetHerRest!!

THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING POSTS (I didn't do through all of them, I stopped at these)

48. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10214548&dopt=Abstract

Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA.
Methadone treatment during pregnancy offers overwhelming advantages compared with the less acceptable option of medical detoxification or the unacceptably dangerous option of leaving heroin-addicted women dependent on street drugs. General agreement exists that pregnancy offers a unique opportunity to bring women into medical, obstetric, and drug treatment. Methadone maintenance in the setting of comprehensive service provision during pregnancy reduces maternal morbidity and mortality and promotes fetal stability and growth. With an accumulated experience of over 25 years, methadone maintenance has been shown to be an invaluable and often an essential ingredient in bettering the health of women during pregnancy, in improving the outcomes of those pregnancies, and in offering opiate-addicted women a chance to improve both their lives and the lives of their families.
Posted at 6:44PM on Feb 14th 2007 by anne Sarafraz

56. http://advocatesforpregnantwomen.org/issues/crack/national_advocates_for_pregnant_women_condemns_crack_campaign_targeting_methadone_clinics.php

NAPW's open letter to Ms. Harris urges C.R.A.C.K. to withdraw their letter and to advise the individuals and clinics who received it of the misleading nature of its implications about methadone treatment during pregnancy.

NAPW is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the rights of pregnant and parenting women and their children. NAPW seeks to ensure that women do not lose their constitutional and human rights as a result of pregnancy and that addiction and other health and welfare problems that women face during pregnancy are addressed as treatable health issue.

Barbara Harris
Children Requiring A Caring Kommunity's
"Project Prevention"
P.O. Box 74
Stanton, CA 90680
Dear Ms. Harris:

We are writing to express our strong objections to your distribution of highly misleading and completely inaccurate information regarding pregnant women and methadone treatment. In a letter date February 22, 2002, you state, in part:

"We are currently working with several methadone clinics that make our offer known, and available, to the women and men who come through their program. I'm sure one thing most can agree on is that it is important for those using methadone or other drugs to refrain from getting pregnant."

We most certainly do not agree. Your statement, suggesting that it is dangerous for a woman who is receiving clinically prescribed methadone treatment to become pregnant, is simply wrong. Methadone is a highly effective treatment for all opiate dependent patients and, most specifically, for women - both before and after they may become pregnant. In fact, methadone treatment during pregnancy has not been associated with congenital abnormalities or fetal demise. In those cases where neonatal withdrawal symptoms occur (and they frequently do not), these symptoms can be treated readily, with no evidence of any adverse impact on physical or cognitive development. In short, there is simply no medical basis for your suggestion that methadone patients should "refrain from getting pregnant.".........................
Posted at 6:53PM on Feb 14th 2007 by anne Sarafraz

63. If this story prooves authentic. There is another side to ANS having methadone.

Methadone maintenance treatment has been demonstrated to significantly improve pregnancy outcomes for opiate dependent women. Methadone does not increase the risk of congenital abnormalities in infants.
Posted at 7:14PM on Feb 14th 2007 by TracieMJ

ALSO TO ALL OF YOU NIMRODS WHO KEEP SAYING THAT THEY WERE TRYING TO HOLD OFF THE DNA TEST BECAUSE THEY WERE AFRAID THAT METHADONE WOULD BE FOUND IN THE BLOOD, PLEASE GET A CLUE, THE BABY HAS HAIR RIGHT??? THEY CAN AND WILL DO A HAIR FOLLICLE DRUG TEST!!

I SWEAR, I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY DUMBASSES IN MY LIFE!!

LetHerRest!!

Oh, and also, as to everyone trying to say that these documents were stolen from her house, PLEASE GET A CLUE!! OMG I can not stand such simple minded people!!
1. When you pay for a prescription, you get a receipt, that's what everyone on here is trying to say is the original prescription, IT IS NOT!! It clearly states on the document "THIS IS YOUR RECEIPT, PLEASE RETAIN FOR YOUR TAX OR INSURANCE PURPOSES!!"
When you pick up a prescription, there are 2 copies of a receipt, one for you, one for the pharmacy to keep in their files!! DUH!!

2. The 2nd document is A COPY of the airbill, which is a CARBON COPY from when you ship something. Again, the 1st copy is sent, you keep the 2nd for your records if you are the shipper!! AGAIN, DUH!!

God have none of you people EVER picked up a prescription nor ever shipped something via Federal Express!!

Don't you people ever read?? If so, do you not know what comprehension is?? I'm guessing not by the spelling or grammar used on some of these posts!!
Hoe sad!! What a disgrace of the whole school system!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Terri

In all this sad time can anyone Tell me what happened to Kimmy That was on her reality Anna Nicole show....She and Anna and Daniel were close...Anna Bought her a Car and went to a Tatoo Parlor together....Just wondering if any one knew....To me this is so sad but be careful who you point the finger at because Anna did what Anna wanted to do....She did Not have a Great Home life and was Not blessed Like Others with such a Wonderful Life being raised....She was Turned loose...She was a beautiful beautiful person inside and out and just needs to be respected....Thanks for leting me Post Terri

BRONX

no wonder they both ran to the bahamas where theres lot of corruption,and they could pay to keep there shit quit. i can tell you one thing if this had happen in the States some body would be locked up and the kid would be in protective custody already..most Americans dont like to stay away from the USA. too long and if they do live over seas they like to be able to go back and frow. but with all the drug use while she was pregnant she ran to a country that embrace her with her and Howards bad behaviour, two people die on Howard watch i have a problem with that . I THINK HE SHOULD GIVE LARRY HIS KID AND TAKE A PERMANENT SLEEP because he is looking at some problems and lots of questions..

Glen Drake

Methadone and pregnancy . . . . . . . H-m-m-m-m-m . . . .
Wonder if Anna's son was pregnant at the time he died?
Wonder what the body count is of those in the entertainment industry who have died in Hollywood through the abuse of drugs, prescription or otherwise?
Wonder if it is more than the number of those who have so bravely died in Iraq so that they can be free to continue doing so?
Wonder why they aren't cleaning up their own act?
We live in a wonderful world . . . . . don't we?