The Doctor Who Scored Methadone for Anna Nicole

2/14/2007 7:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Sandeep Kapoor was by Anna Nicole's side when she participated in West Hollywood's Gay Pride Parade back in 2005. He also prescribed methadone when Smith was eight months pregnant.

TMZ obtained documents which show that on August 25, 2006, just 13 days before Smith gave birth, Dr. Kapoor wrote a prescription for methadone. The prescription, RX#2846735, was written for Michelle Chase. TMZ has learned that Michelle Chase was an alias Anna Nicole used. Under California law, it's illegal to prescribe a controlled substance to a false name.

That same day, Key Pharmacy in the San Fernando Valley filled the prescription and sent it to "Vicky Marshall" (sic) in the Bahamas. Vickie Marshall is Anna Nicole's legal name.

TMZ contacted Dr. Kapoor, a 1996 graduate of Boston University School of Medicine, who said, "No comment."

TMZ also contacted Key Pharmacy. The owner said patient privacy laws prevent him from commenting.
View The Docs: Click hereAnna Nicole Gallery: Click to launch gallery

Previous 15 Comments | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29

DEBRA

LIKE I SAID BEFORE ,DANNIELYNN LOOKS JUST LIKE LARRY.HES THE DADDY,BUT NO MATTER WHO GETS THE BABY, THERE SHOULD BE AN AUTHORITY FIGURE WHO CONTROLLS THE MONEY AND NOT ANYONE OF THEM BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY ARE ALL IN IT FOR THE MONEY.POOR DANNIELYNN.ILL TAKE HER AND THEY CAN KEEP THE MONEY.

Just me??

The shrink, Dr. Kapoot, the 90210 Doctor..they are to blame for anna's death...........

ganda ako

I have a feeling that the Psychiatrist who also faxed e request for prescription for Anna should be investigated too.Looks like she got something going on with HKS.As I was watching the funeral of ANNA ,thePsychiatrist seems like there is someting between the two. Do you think they conspired to have Anna take all those drugs so they can have Anna's money?

bea greene

#30 you must be nuts!!!!! Hugh Hefner a decent human being......loving decent?

Sharon

I don't think as many people that believe Howard K. Stearn is quilty of wrong doing in some part of this Anna Saga, WE JUST ALL CAN'T BE WRONG.

Kimberly

I took narcotics when I was pregnant. It wasn't methadone. And not nearly that often. But my doctor prescribed it to me. I think it is very sad what has happened to her and her family. I'm not saying that it is ok for her to take drugs while pregnant or anything like that. But I think she deserves piece even in death. I can not believe all the vultures that have surfaced since her death. All I have to say is what goes around comes around. And it will come back upon all of you.

Deb

Yeah, and why is Anna in a GAY parade and in a GAY bar all screwed up with the infamous HK$ at her side all aglow??? Because he is GAY!!!!! He didn't care about anyone but himself.

jg

It's bad enough that HKS is a moron but could some please keep him out of the photographs I feel like I am going to puke everytime I see him.

ANS never saw him naked...thats funny!!

jg

I think if ANS had been better rep'd she could have built solid businesses and made all of the money she could have wanted. She was a great brand.

Even in death she is still being rep'd by crappy people

The one person who has talent in the pack is lb

Someone tell HKS his 15 is up now please leave

Adele

Got to go with Sher on one thing...Anna Nicole was a junkie" sorry but that is the truth. As for the prescription and the doctor being a fraud...I believe that they were real. I recently watched on her show "The Anna Nicole Show" on DVD and she was interviewed by some radio station where she stated she wasn't on any meds...then in another scene she is reaching into her bag to give her cousin a pain killer for her migraine and at the end of the show the cousin asks for a few more and Anna says there are already in the bag...bingo...druggie and liar. Now with the new reports coming out it showed allot more then pain killers so she got them somewhere...and not threw a fake doctor or a fake prescription!!!!!! I hope they go after Howard K. Stern...and when they close in on him I hope he takes his own life...believe me I wouldn't bury him, I'd throw him in the trash!!!!!

gingergirl

The bottom line it's Anna's fault.

ron

I am sure this will NOT be a popular opinion but so far it seems there is no clear indication why ANS was taking Methadone. However, folks...read the literature on the drug before you go off the deep end. It is acceptable for pregnant women to take. Unlike Heroin or Cocaine or other similar drugs it does not necessarily make the baby drug dependant. In fact it is unlikely to do that. Read more than just the DEA blurbs. The American Medical community does not see Methadone as the evil you mostly seem to believe.
THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

Previous 15 Comments | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29