Britney

Checks Into Rehab

Out a Day Later

2/16/2007 5:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0216_brit_details-1TMZ has learned that while Britney Spears checked-in to rehab, she refused to stay and checked out -- less than twenty-four hours later!

As "EXTRA" first reported, the pop star entered a rehab facility two days ago. Now TMZ has learned that the center was located outside of the country, and she refused to stay. PEOPLE confirms that Brit was at Eric Clapton's Crossroads rehab facility in Antigua.

TMZ is told that Britney checked in at the urging of riends and family, after being seen intoxicated in public places and was so "exhausted" on New Year's Eve she collapsed.

Britney spearsAccording to TMZ sources, Britney is on her way back to Los Angeles.

A rep for Britney could not immediately be reached for comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

cj

Clear the tracks - another 'train wreck' is about to happen! It's only a matter of time before we start seeing newscasts on who is going to claim her body and money!!

Kristina

Britney Spears is a disgusting person, and I'm tired of seeing and hearing about her. Even in a superficial society like ours, she is one big nothing, personally, professionally, and in any other way, and all of this media attention is unwarranted and unseemly. Leave this ridiculous woman face down in the gutter where she apparently is anyway 24/7, and move on to something and someone else! She needs serious help, and we all need something else to do.

travis

on me? haha slurp

Mommy2IrishTwins

Any mother who goes out and parties like her is pathetic. I am a young mother myself and my kids are closer in age than her kids. I do understand the needing "Me" time, but come on!!!!!!! She is doing more than taking some "Me" time. She's forgetting she has 2 small kids!!! WAKE UP. Those kids will not stay small forever. You will look back and regret not being sober or even there for your kids when it mattered most. If I can have 2 small kids closer in age than her, be younger than her, be happily married to an active duty soldier and do all this 24/7, then there's no reason she should be out doing crap like this. Is this really what you want your kids to see when they are older? Pathetic. And so is anyone else who parties like this and has kids. I pitty her.

Just wondering???????????

Does she want her horrilbe hubby to get the kids. These 2 babies need their Mommy.

Britney, smarten the fuck up and become a MOM, that is your CHOICE. We all make choices every day. KIDS ARE

Get WELL and get FOCUSED. MOM #1, CAREER #2.

Celebrity Status...Unknown

Dahoss, That whole hypothetically Paris is the reason for Britney's problems B.S that you posted is just that Bull shiznit. Paris doesn't like Britney anymore because Britney chose to tell Paris that they could not be seen together publicly because of the bad publicity their friendship was generating, Paris knew all along that Britney was a lot more wild than she was, and she was probably pissed at the public and Britney's people thinking she was to blame. Paris cut Britney totally off, she chose not to be friends with Britney in public and in private.

The truth is now out there this is who Britney really is, she hasn't hung around P. Hilton in months, so I don't even know why Paris is part of the Britney discussion.

I want to state that once upon a time I kinda liked Paris but after her racist and homphobic slurs I am no longer in like of her.

Tha being said Britney is run down and needs rehab plus therapy and not for her suposedly bi-sexual ways, for her self esteem issues, as well as for her apparent drug abuse and alcoholism... She is the next Anna Nicole Smith...

GEORGE VREELAND HILL

Britney is done.

Mary

Britney should have her children taken away, then she may think twice about rehab. Children are a gift, and if she puts partying first, she doesn't deserve them. It takes courage to admit to your mistakes. I hope she finds her peace, for the sake of her children.

amy

i hate to say it but she will be the next anna nicole if she doesnt get help soon...she will leave her two sons with out a mommy. she needs to go staight to betty ford.

Jen

Crackhead ~ Case closed! Ditto for Anna Nicole

karencarpenter

It has to be hard to reach the pinnacle of success and then no longer be at that point of popularity. I hope she gets some help and gets to really enjoy her children and money.

Tina Fan

She left the rehab center because it wasn't in the country? What, didn't she know that when she went there? Oh, I know. Her brain was in her other suitcase!

yoanna

I was a fan of Britney's. I think I still am, but let's see what happens with her. Anyway, my 2 cents; why do these idiot celebrities go into rehab after partying for 2 months. Is it a new fad? make a racial slur, go to rehab; homophobic slur, go to rehab; go parting looking like shit, go to rehab. So stupid hollywierd is.

Mrs. Dailey

What a waste of a bright young star..How sad that she cannot come to grips with life and realize she is a mother now. She has gotten so trashy since being with K-Fed...What a loser! She needs to straighten up and wake up! She looks terrible and where are her parents or siblings to take care of these babies. She is nothing but trash now. She looks like she is totally on drugs! I don't think she can make a come back. No one takes her serious as a star anymore. The worst thing she did was break up with Justin. Now she just wants to party! That is trashy...She has totally let all of her fans down.

Lenn K

#153 you are sooooo correct, Britney is young but she totally out of control. She better wakeup and get her head out of her ass or she will be dead.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments