Is Brit Headed for a Breakdown?

2/17/2007 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After checking herself out of rehab and slumming it in coach on an American Airlines flight back to L.A., Britney Spears had something to prove.

As soon as she landed, Brit stopped at a Tarzana salon and asked them to shave her head. When the hairdresser refused, a source says Spears "grabbed the hair clipper and started doing it herself," reports Us Weekly.

Then she jetted over to Body & Soul Tattoo in Sherman Oaks, where employee Emily Wynne-Hughes says the singer was agitated and a "nightmare" to deal with. When asked about her new 'do, an exasperated Britney told Hughes, "I don't want anyone touching me. I'm tired of everyone touching me."

Her two new tattoos -- a black, white and pink cross on her hip and red and pink lips on her wrist -- cost $80. During the one-hour visit, the employee noticed a stain on the singer's white handbag, and Brit explained she had "spilled Nyquil all over it."

The employee says it was clear that the fallen pop princess was "on the verge of a nervous breakdown."

Jackson: You Will Work for Free!

Cash-strapped Michael Jackson isn't shy about taking handouts when it comes to recording his upcoming album. According to FOX News, the Black Eyed Peas' Will.I.Am., who had a hand in producing some tracks on Justin Timberlake's new album, is throwing some freebies Jackson's way -- for now. "Will doesn't want the money thing coming between them while they do creative work," a source says. But once the album is released, Will.I.Am assumes he'll see some dough for all his hard work. Fat chance, though, considering how many outstanding lawsuits there are against Jacko regarding unpaid bills!

Prince Harry Ready to Take on Iraq

Prince Harry will be deployed to Iraq this spring, taking part in reconnaissance missions, reports Yahoo News. The 22-year-old, who is third in line to the British throne, graduated last year from the Royal Military Academy. "There's no way I'm going to ... sit on my arse back home while my boys are out fighting for their country," he says. A military official confirms that Harry "will see action" while in Iraq, but an official announcement won't be made until Feb. 26.

Party Favors: Anderson Cooper Is Auctioned Off ... Yoko Ono's Chauffeur Cops a Plea ... Cameron Diaz Gets Cozy With New Man

CNN's Anderson Cooper put himself on the auction block to benefit the Bailey House, which helps people with AIDS. A lunch date with the news anchor was sold to British bachelor Oliver Hicks for $21,000 ... Yoko Ono's former chauffeur pleaded guilty to charges of attempted grand larceny against the singer, and got off with time served. The Turkish citizen was then turned over to immigration officials ... PEOPLE reports Cameron Diaz, who reportedly received $80,000 in a settlement with the National Enquirer, was spotted cozying up to "Blood Diamond" star Djimon Hounsou at L.A.'s Hyde nightclub.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Granny

I think Britney needs to live in Taos with Julia, I would get sick of the filthy poparazzi all over me too. She needs to get out of LA PHX NYC or any other filthy city she parties in.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

I love Prince Harry.

Tasha

People are trying to help her and she is refusing it. I hope nothing bad happens, but if it does, she has no one but herself to blame. I think her main problem is that she is turning to others to make her happy. First marriage ,then kids. Girlfriend you have to make peace with yourself before you can be happy with someone else!

SP

If anyone really cares about Britney then they will step into this situation quick and get her some support and help. K-Fed's lawyer is probably turnning flips because she just made his case as an unfit mother easy. I would not trust her with these children until she got some help. I really feel she is just being used by everyone around her. She should take her money and retire somewhere away from these insane entertainers and newsmedia. She needs to just spend her time raising her kids and leave this so called fame and fortune behind, it ain't worth it Brit.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Britney -- I don't care if you're gay; I don't care if you're bald ... Just get some help! Lots of people do! There's no shame, and you're so young.

Trenda

It's not a shock to see that the TMZ staff would go with a tabloid story from FOX's Roger Fat-ass seeing as how your wwritters are'nt real journalists and can't research a story on your own to get the truth! you just print the stories after Harvey L. rolls out of bed with Roger F.

Trenda

my opinion

I hope the Spears/Federline family steps in to get her committed to a first class mental facility. My fear is her having a spectacular suicide with her and the babies. She is giving all signs of being totally out of control. Get those babies away from her as soon as possible.

Angela

I think that shaving your head sometimes is theraputic. I had a close friend that lost her Dad and she shaved her head after his funeral. She looks great and regrets nothing. Maybe this is a way for Britney to let go of the old and bring on the new. If your hair is the only thing that makes you , you are in big TROUBLE ! You go Britney !!!!

Tasha

To #7: Yeah her mom needs to have her committed. And everyone around her needs to forget about a comeback and how much money they will make. Just help the girl put herself back together again.

Tasha

Her mom needs to have her committed. The girl might be mentally ill. And those around her she, should forget about a comeback and how much money they will make. Help this girl put herself back together. Justin: No more smart ass public remarks. If you have nothing positive to say STFU!!!!

Kortney

I'm not sure she shaved her head for theraputic reasons...I mean, her reasoning was because she didn't want people touching her, not because she wanted to start a new life. I think she's losing it and losing it fast. I hope something good happens for her, she's still a person with thoughts and feelings who doesn't deserve to be so unhappy and lost.

Seriously

One word Britney - INTERVENTION.
This girl can't take care of herself let alone two babies.
WTF was she thinking?
She had the world by the ass but it goes to show, inside the
beautiful people aren't HAPPY. They're fxxked up.

fw

Anyone know what is the significance of the stain on her bag? She said it was Nyquil (pink).

We, are not amused.

Prince Harry...isn't he the, how to say this...THE RETARDED ONE?
I'm sure the bloody Queen of England is going to let him go to Falulla and get his goofy "arse" shot off.
I hope you guys are happy, the pressure you've put on Britnaey is starting to get to her. Next thing you know, She'll be joining up with the Prince and going to Iraq!
Happy bitches?