Salon Owner Says Brit's Stunt Was for Publicity

2/20/2007 3:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Esther Tognozzi, owner of the salon in Tarzana where Britney speared her hair on Friday, gave a call-in interview this morning to Los Angeles' 102.7 KIIS FM's On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Esther told Ryan Seacrest that Britney's hairtastrophe could have been a publicity stunt.
esther tognozzi audio: click to hear
Tognozzi claims that she had closed the blinds so that no one would see Britney's meltdown, and yet pictures that surfaced from paparazzi agencies are all so clear -- it's as if the photogs were in the shop, which Esther insisted was not the case. When asked if bodyguards had opened the blinds, her response was, "I think so."

Brit sucks

Duh it was for publicity. She's upset ANS is taking all the headlines. Oh and I hate that people are calling Britney a saint for wanting to donate her hair to cancer patients. If anyone donates the hair it will be the PEOPLE from the hair saloon where she shaved her head, NOT Britney. She's a selfish whore!

Freelols.com

Publicity for what??? Britney's just an impulsive idiot.

Ida Clair

Sure it was, her handlers should just laugh it off. Just think of the publicity she will get after she OD's or something! Nah, that girl isn't in trouble, nope this wasn't a sign that she is cracking, nope, the money is still coming in, she's just fine!

Simone

If this was for publicity, Britney is more disturbed than I thought she was.

Whatever

Of course this was all for publicity. The girl lives for it negative or positive. She is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Ida Clair

How fast the tone of this would change if she does wind up dead. This website will be overrun with people demanding the heads of those close to her for not doing something when she was obviously cracking.

Brit sucks

What's the difference between Ryan Seacrest and Britney Spears? Britney Spears doesn't wear panties!

Whatever

i agree with 4 she is an impulsive idiot. Shaving her head and getting a bunch of tacky tattoos she will most likely have removed when or if she grows up and sobers up. Not to mention getting married and pregnant so quickly to try to keep a deadbeat loser interested in her.

the gap

One must take drastic measures when their "career" is over. She can't really sing, her acting possibilites never materialized, her body is hit and overexposed, her kids don't know who she is, she ignores all those who care about her, burlesque dancers and strippers overshadow her, Hollywood nobodies (Isaac Cohen) dump her, her loser husband is getting better PR than she is, Justin thinks she's toxic, and on and on and on. "Hmmm, what can I do to make people notice me again? Oooh, I'll shave my head! That'll win 'em back!" I'd bet a suicide attempt is next...

anon69

I am NO fan of Ms. Spears, but I don't think it was for publicity. I think the chick is headed for rock bottom. I think the one looking for publicity, the one trying to extend her 15 minutes is the shop owner.

Whatever

Well number #6 you can't blame the people close to her for not doing enough. Maybe they did all they could and have distanced themselves waiting for her to hit rock bottom. You can't physically drag someone into rehab against their will. I myself would never blame anyone but herself if something happens to her.

Brit sucks

I would say that she is an impulsive idiot, but when does it end? I give a fuck about what hardship she has/had, she's a MOM now. Grow the fuck up you worthless piece of shit. The only way you'll redeem yourself is to say good-bye to the celebrity world and be a good mother

Ida Clair

Letting someone hit rock bottom isn't how it's done any more. Most rehab and intervention places advise intervening well before the addict is down that far.

My point isn't that we should blame her handlers, it is that everyone will want them charged with murder if she OD's after these blatant signs were "overlooked". No one will remember that they were here saying "it's nothing but a stunt!"

Lori

If she did then she is disgusting!!! I think she doesn't like the spotlight on anybody but herself. I think she is ridiculous.

Whammer Jammer

#12 Okay: It was Twitney who went to her hair salon, the owner didn't ask for her to come there. This was for publicity and nothing else. Twitney can't get any publicity for her "talent", so she has to resort to stunts like these. Why do you think she had those two kids? For the PUBLICITY, not because she had a strong desire to be a mother. She's a horrible mother, that much is certain. You don't hit the bars every night when you have two young kids at home, one who isn't even two years old yet. Her career is pretty much done, and it's finally sinking in to her, that's why she's pulling these idiotic stunts.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments